🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Making Education Great Again...

The 1980s called and said to find something else to be impressed with, because that crap is old news.

The "crap", which is "old news", is your lack of imagination. No line is more over-used by idiots.

Hey, David Spade called, he said quit embarrassing yourself.

No one is impressed with that hack’s banal anti-Americanism anymore. Update your predictable partisanship.

Have you read anything in the past 30 years, or was that it for you?
Come on, keep trying, you can do it. Add something to the OP. I know it is hard but if you really try you might be able to.

So go ahead, bring up anything relating to the OP, or contrary to my comments, and I will happily respond. Show us what you have read in the last 30 years. You got the trolling and flaming part down, bravo. You have showed us you lack originality with your lame "the telephone called", flame. So now show everyone the intelligence you have after reading, anything, for the past 30 years.

American education suck because the Christians try and teach genesis and the Noah's are real. Right away its doomed to failure.
Hey Dude - this is the 21st Century - not the 19th . Judeo Christian concepts are not taught in Public Schools unless done so in a comparative sense such as legal history and its origins in the Ten Commandments or Science, Evolution vs Creationism.

Have you read anything in the past 30 years, or was that it for you?
Come on, keep trying, you can do it. Add something to the OP. I know it is hard but if you really try you might be able to.

So go ahead, bring up anything relating to the OP, or contrary to my comments, and I will happily respond. Show us what you have read in the last 30 years. You got the trolling and flaming part down, bravo. You have showed us you lack originality with your lame "the telephone called", flame. So now show everyone the intelligence you have after reading, anything, for the past 30 years.

Did I force you to make such an asinine statement that a 30 year-old, widely discredited piece of doggerel by some trite old anti-American hack was "the greatest work of our time"? If you are going to make absurd statements like that, you had better expect to be ridiculed for it. Maybe some college professor ages ago praised you for mouthing the propaganda he wanted you to, but times have changed.

As for what I have read in the past 30 years, there isn't enough bandwidth to list it all even if we stuck to History exclusively. If you have a specific question, ask it. Otherwise, don't whine about being called on your own ridiculous claims.

So if we read Zinn today are we then a communist?
yes, that makes you a communist
So, what can I read that make me a non-communist? I read about Trump every day, but the author-historian I really like is Thurman Arnold.
I love a great book, or books in general. Any recommendations?
Screenshot from 2017-11-11 13-48-56.png

Did I force you to make such an asinine statement that a 30 year-old, widely discredited piece of doggerel by some trite old anti-American hack was "the greatest work of our time"? If you are going to make absurd statements like that, you had better expect to be ridiculed for it. Maybe some college professor ages ago praised you for mouthing the propaganda he wanted you to, but times have changed.

As for what I have read in the past 30 years, there isn't enough bandwidth to list it all even if we stuck to History exclusively. If you have a specific question, ask it. Otherwise, don't whine about being called on your own ridiculous claims.
A very nice flame/troll indeed. I never made the claim that you state in this post. I thinks your comprehension is very poor. As poor as all your responses in this thread. You butt must hurt pretty bad to rant in such a way. And like I have said, it is sad that you can do nothing more than troll and flame.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Education has evolved, it has not declined

Remember the last time you posted something that was true?

Me neither.

Lets compare today's High School students to say....someone with a masters degree from Columbia University twenty years ago

Today's students must engage in original thought, must clearly define their ideas, must logically define their thought process

Someone who graduated Columbia University twenty years ago only needed to cut and paste the work of others without offering original thoughts or conclusions

Today's student is obviously superior

And a huge number of youth with HS diplomas can't read at the 5th grade level and their math skills are even worse.

Several years ago, states implemented tests required to pass for graduation. When little Johnny made Cs and Ds on his report card and the bombed the competency tests 4 times, he didn't graduate and the parents went hysterical! That is why there youth out there like you described.

Conservatives want to remove science from the class room
Conservatives want the poor child to starve
Conservatives want to put 2,000 year old myths into the class room
Conservatives want to attack freedom of LGBT people

Like the conservatives in the middle east these conservatives are the exact same animal.

Conservatives function via the same beliefs as America's Founders.

These:
Individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

Now, focus like a laser: what is your disagreement with these views?

Warning:
....if this is the first time you've tried to think you could wind up with an aneurysm!
When did the USA have free Markets and why did the framers replace our first Constitution with one that gave the national government even more power?

The strategy is simply enough: get Liberals out of it.

1. The touchy-feely self-esteem that Liberals have instituted in place of passing and failing has doomed learning in this country. Just look at the scores our children achieve in international competition.

a. “A 1989 study of mathematical skills compared students in eight different countries. American students ranked lowest in mathematical competence and Korean students ranked highest. But the researchers also asked students to rate how good they were at mathematics. The Americans ranked highest in self-judged mathematical ability, while the Koreans ranked lowest….There is no evidence that high self-esteem reliably causes anything.” http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/education/ed0001.html

2. In fact, feeling good is so central to Liberalism, that it is a higher value than truth. The Left has changed American school textbooks from books attempting to convey history to books attempting to make women and members of select minorities feel good about themselves. Democrat lawmakers pass laws demanding that textbooks be rewritten to include more Democrat Party blocs. California Gay Textbooks: Proposal Would Require LGBT Lessons In Schools | HuffPost

a. “'History should be honest,' Gov. Jerry Brown says in signing the state law, which had sparked hot debate among legislators.... making California the first state to require that school textbooks and history lessons include the contributions of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans.State laws: New state law requires textbooks to include gays' achievements

3. To see what we're up against, I commend an article in the current Brooklyn Daily,
"China syndrome: Whose kids get a better education?"
China syndrome: Whose kids get a better education?

"...Lenora Chu and her family arrived in Shanghai from the United States in 2010,...She spent the next seven years examining not just her young son’s education, but the whole Chinese educational system, comparing it with her own American upbringing and what’s happening in our schools today.

4. In China, education is .... a sorting mechanism — you advance to the next level of schooling based on a test score,” said Chu. The teachers are very strict from the get-go. One day, her preschooler came home from school with shiny red star stuck to his forehead.

“What do you get a red star for?” she asks in the book. “Do you get it if you run fast?”

Her son, Rainey, laughed He got it, of course, for sitting still. Chu was outraged. Her son was just three!

5. “Why do you sit? Do they make you sit at school? Do you have to sit?” Her husband, National Public Radio’s China correspondent Rob Schmitz, said is sounded as if she was asking, “Are your human rights being violated?”
But learning to sit still doesn’t violate any U.N. conventions.

6. And neither did what happened next. Rainey told his mom that four times that day he had found egg in his mouth — the food he detested most. How did it get there, Chu asked? The teacher put it in, because eggs are an important food. Three times he cried and spit it out. The fourth time, he swallowed.

And today he likes eggs."

During the civil rights movement, the by-word was 'keep your eye on the prize'....

We should remember that motto.
Become the solution. Become a teacher.

Forum List

Back