Making progress, 40% of U.S. now allows carrying a gun without a permit.

Those that choose to carry a loaded gun everywhere just don't think. The odds of actually using it for self defense are far outweighed by the odds it will end up harming you or your family. You'll leave it unattended, you'll drop it, you'll mishandle it, a family member will use it to harm themselves.
Is it really worth it for that puffed out chest feeling you get?
Fuck you, you smug asshole. And your odds. I am not a statistic. If it makes you soil your baby diapers, tough shit.

LOL, you want to carry a gun without restrictions, and can't even keep your mouth on safety.
I don't want to, I do asshole. My mouth on safety? How about trying to get your pea brain on 'think'?

When I wrote that I knew it would fly way over your head. Abstractions are very difficult for a concrete thinker like you.
You actually think you are smart?

LOL!

Smart people think, ergo, you acknowledge I am smart and do think. Neither apply to you, you emote.

2aguy is one of the few peep's who can piss off both the gun owners and the non gun owners.

The Truth is the truth, facts are facts and reality is real........you and wry catcher claimed things that were not true, factual or based in reality.....I showed you, with proof, that you were incorrect...
Truth is a Philosophy topic.

Has nothing to do with your wacko crazy opinions of what's Constitutional.

Public carry is not Constitutional.

Public carry whether open or concealed is covered by the 10th Amendment not the 2nd.
so tell me what does keep and bear mean?

Where does the Constitution prohibit me keeping a firearm on my person?
You can own guns. It does not say you can tote them everywhere without a permit or proper training. Property owners can restrict them on their property. Who was that evil liberal who barred guns from his town of Dodge?

it also doesn't say i CANNOT keep a gun on my person does it?

Nope, nor does it deny you the right to shove it up your ass.

Those that choose to carry a loaded gun everywhere just don't think. The odds of actually using it for self defense are far outweighed by the odds it will end up harming you or your family. You'll leave it unattended, you'll drop it, you'll mishandle it, a family member will use it to harm themselves.

That's just more bullshit

I have owned guns for over 3 decades and have had a concealed carry permit for 28 years and not one of my guns ever posed a risk to anyone in my family.

I never left a gun unattended, never mishandled a gun

There are a lot of things you don't use on a daily basis but when you need them you're god damned glad you have them

A gun is a tool that is all
A gun is a tool akin to an insurance policy. You get one and hope you never have to use it but if you do have to use it you at least have it.

Last edited:
Fuck you, you smug asshole. And your odds. I am not a statistic. If it makes you soil your baby diapers, tough shit.

LOL, you want to carry a gun without restrictions, and can't even keep your mouth on safety.
I don't want to, I do asshole. My mouth on safety? How about trying to get your pea brain on 'think'?

When I wrote that I knew it would fly way over your head. Abstractions are very difficult for a concrete thinker like you.
You actually think you are smart?

LOL!

Smart people think, ergo, you acknowledge I am smart and do think. Neither apply to you, you emote.
When have I ever accused you of being smart? You can't even understand basic English.

The Truth is the truth, facts are facts and reality is real........you and wry catcher claimed things that were not true, factual or based in reality.....I showed you, with proof, that you were incorrect...

Public carry whether open or concealed is covered by the 10th Amendment not the 2nd.

You can own guns. It does not say you can tote them everywhere without a permit or proper training. Property owners can restrict them on their property. Who was that evil liberal who barred guns from his town of Dodge?

don't project your penchant for shoving things up your ass onto me

Nice....but you're real smart and all, right? You don't understand the constitution doesn't grant us privileges, it prevents government from imposing on our natural rights as a free people. You're a liberal for a reason.

2aguy, take you gun and shove it up your ass. Then seek a good therapist.
2aguy is one of the few peep's who can piss off both the gun owners and the non gun owners.

That is what Bear arms means in the 2nd Amendment.....twit. Requiring a permit...money, and training...a literacy test....for exercising a Right is unconstitutional.....

Wrong.....not backed up by actual research...having a car is more dangerous than owning a gun...

Slowly, we are taking back the natural right to self defense.......

North Dakota 14th Constitutional Carry State - 40% of US area now allows carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center

Friday, North Dakota’s Republican Governor Doug Burgum signed legislation making their state the 14th that allows carrying without a concealed handgun permit. The bill had passed the legislature with overwhelming majorities (34 to 13 in the state Senate and 83 to 9 in the state House). North Dakota thus joined New Hampshire in passing Constitutional Carry this year, though it seems unlikely that any more states will pass these laws during the current sessions.

Mm, not a fan of constitutional carry, or at best on the fence leaning into aganst. CCW used to be quit a serious thing. These days many are to glib about it and really, many people have CCW who lack very basic safety knowledge. There should be a process where one has to demonstrate proper carry of fire arms as well as how to interact with law enforcement. Think of how differently the the Philando Castile shooting would have went. That being said, about 98% of the cops on the street are sloppy and irresponsible with their guns. If one is clogging to carry period they should have to demonstrate real profincy in not just shooting, but also safe aspects of firearm handling. You know, the basics.

If you mandate those tests....they will be used to destroy the Right...as has happened in Europe, Australia and Japan.....the tests are so onerous only the rich and politically connected can own or use guns.....

And the facts just don't bear you out.....as more Americans own and actually carry guns...our gun accidental death rate and non fatal gun accident rate went down, not up....those stats have been posted by me and others directly from the CDC and the Bureau of Crime Statistics.....

North Dakota 14th Constitutional Carry State - 40% of US area now allows carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center

Friday, North Dakota’s Republican Governor Doug Burgum signed legislation making their state the 14th that allows carrying without a concealed handgun permit. The bill had passed the legislature with overwhelming majorities (34 to 13 in the state Senate and 83 to 9 in the state House). North Dakota thus joined New Hampshire in passing Constitutional Carry this year, though it seems unlikely that any more states will pass these laws during the current sessions.

Mm, not a fan of constitutional carry, or at best on the fence leaning into aganst. CCW used to be quit a serious thing. These days many are to glib about it and really, many people have CCW who lack very basic safety knowledge. There should be a process where one has to demonstrate proper carry of fire arms as well as how to interact with law enforcement. Think of how differently the the Philando Castile shooting would have went. That being said, about 98% of the cops on the street are sloppy and irresponsible with their guns. If one is clogging to carry period they should have to demonstrate real profincy in not just shooting, but also safe aspects of firearm handling. You know, the basics.
Problem is you do not know what you are talking about. That's the main problem with any gun debate. Those that know nothing are the experts. Most cops have to train and even want to. Yep, often a lot of rounds are fired but that's because small caliber ammo typically doesn't immediately stop someone. Even a heart shot won't necessarily drop someone instantly.

This is a shall issue state, meaning the state cannot impose training requirements. How about you pointing out where all these problems you speak of exist? I wouldn't knock training but it would take a tremendous amount to prepare for that life or death scenario, even then you can screw up. You think cops are careless with training but civilians will be proficient? Makes no sense.

Problem is you don't know jack shit what anyone knows therefore all you are doing is blowing hard. Yes, cops are very careless with their weapons. Far more then a professional should be. Civilian CCW in many cases are better, but not much. Many want to old carry, but end up tossing their guns in their cars because their fat bellies get gouged by the Glock 26 or hammer spur from their 1911 they carry but only ever shot one time. So yeas a demonstration of proficiency that costs money sod we weed out accidents waiting to happen .

And then only the rich and connected will own and carry guns......that was not the purpose of the 2nd Amendment......you ideas are coming from a good place...but you don't understand the larger issues involved.....

Skydiving is the most dangerous thing.

Having a pilot's license is the 2nd most dangerous.

Having a motorcycle license is 3rd.

Swimming and scuba is 4th overall, and #1 for kids.

Automobile and boat racing is 5th.

Bicycling is 6th.

Backcountry snowmobiling is 7th.

A driver's license is 8th.

Commercial airlines are 9th.

Busses and trains are 10th.

So there are lots of more dangerous things than owning a gun.

But only owning and carrying a gun will protect you from crime, sometimes. Sometimes both you and the criminal assailant will be killed, and sometimes even a gun won't help you.

If your state is a shall-issue state then it has no need to pass unlicensed carry.

And then if your state is shall issue then unlicensed carry only benefits homeless people and out of state visitors who do not have reciprocity.

Unlicensed carry makes no sense for residents.

Problem is you do not know what you are talking about. That's the main problem with any gun debate. Those that know nothing are the experts. Most cops have to train and even want to. Yep, often a lot of rounds are fired but that's because small caliber ammo typically doesn't immediately stop someone. Even a heart shot won't necessarily drop someone instantly.

This is a shall issue state, meaning the state cannot impose training requirements. How about you pointing out where all these problems you speak of exist? I wouldn't knock training but it would take a tremendous amount to prepare for that life or death scenario, even then you can screw up. You think cops are careless with training but civilians will be proficient? Makes no sense.

Problem is you don't know jack shit what anyone knows therefore all you are doing is blowing hard. Yes, cops are very careless with their weapons. Far more then a professional should be. Civilian CCW in many cases are better, but not much. Many want to old carry, but end up tossing their guns in their cars because their fat bellies get gouged by the Glock 26 or hammer spur from their 1911 they carry but only ever shot one time. So yeas a demonstration of proficiency that costs money sod we weed out accidents waiting to happen .

And then only the rich and connected will own and carry guns......that was not the purpose of the 2nd Amendment......you ideas are coming from a good place...but you don't understand the larger issues involved.....

This was the plan when they regulated class 3 and look at us now! I can go into any gun shop in Houston and walk out with a suppresser. I'm a mear lump of cash and a six to nine month wait time and boom, I'm shooting in my basement, but I digress. The point of having to demonstrate proficiency for both law enforcement and civilian CCW would be to be able to throw tho book at and prosecute the hell out of any man or woman who acted stupidly so that when a cop shoots his pregnant wife with his service weapon he would face charges for negoagent homicied, assault with a deadly weapon and so on. Like I said, I'm in full support and excersize my right to CCW, but when they are handing out CCW's at Tupperware parties because it's the latest fad in guns is stupid. CCW has become a status symbol and not much more. That said, you already have to show proficiency in non constitutional carry states. That should go for open carry to, but in that case the applicants should have to demonstrate a working knowledge of retention type holsters and mandates need to be put into n what type of holster anyone doing open carry can use just like cops have to.

Skydiving is the most dangerous thing.

Having a pilot's license is the 2nd most dangerous.

Having a motorcycle license is 3rd.

Swimming and scuba is 4th overall, and #1 for kids.

Automobile and boat racing is 5th.

Bicycling is 6th.

Backcountry snowmobiling is 7th.

A driver's license is 8th.

Commercial airlines are 9th.

Busses and trains are 10th.

So there are lots of more dangerous things than owning a gun.

But only owning and carrying a gun will protect you from crime, sometimes. Sometimes both you and the criminal assailant will be killed, and sometimes even a gun won't help you.

If your state is a shall-issue state then it has no need to pass unlicensed carry.

And then if your state is shall issue then unlicensed carry only benefits homeless people and out of state visitors who do not have reciprocity.

Unlicensed carry makes no sense for residents.

True dat, but tell that to the pregnant cops wife who was shot by her hubbys neglagant discharge. Just because shooting sports are safer doesn't mean libs won't use every incident as an excuse to push gun control.

I don't know jack shit but you know cops are very careless with their guns? You're a whack job. I've been a member of a LEO board for over ten years. Very very few are using a 1911 these days. Old carry? Never heard the term. 800,00 cops and a few negligent discharges makes your case? And they do train. Get over yourself.

This was the plan when they regulated class 3 and look at us now! I can go into any gun shop in Houston and walk out with a suppresser. I'm a mear lump of cash and a six to nine month wait time and boom, I'm shooting in my basement, but I digress. The point of having to demonstrate proficiency for both law enforcement and civilian CCW would be to be able to throw tho book at and prosecute the hell out of any man or woman who acted stupidly so that when a cop shoots his pregnant wife with his service weapon he would face charges for negoagent homicied, assault with a deadly weapon and so on. Like I said, I'm in full support and excersize my right to CCW, but when they are handing out CCW's at Tupperware parties because it's the latest fad in guns is stupid. CCW has become a status symbol and not much more. That said, you already have to show proficiency in non constitutional carry states. That should go for open carry to, but in that case the applicants should have to demonstrate a working knowledge of retention type holsters and mandates need to be put into n what type of holster anyone doing open carry can use just like cops have to.
Aren't you the little dictator? We have open carry here too, always has been. I asked you before to show me the problems but you come here and just spout off some more.

True dat, but tell that to the pregnant cops wife who was shot by her hubbys neglagant discharge. Just because shooting sports are safer doesn't mean libs won't use every incident as an excuse to push gun control.
Guns have accidents because people are stupid.

Not everyone is cut out to have a gun.

I don't know jack shit but you know cops are very careless with their guns? You're a whack job. I've been a member of a LEO board for over ten years. Very very few are using a 1911 these days. Old carry? Never heard the term. 800,00 cops and a few negligent discharges makes your case? And they do train. Get over yourself.

Yes. Dated a sheriffs deputy for Galveston county for three years. She was pretty normal, but most of her coworkers were typical retards who need serious remedial training in safety and retention. I have seen on many occasions M4's left unsecured on car seats, Glocks pulled from holsters with fingers ON triggers, which is a serious no no on a striker fired weapon with no extirnal safeties. Yes, cops are typically no better trained then an avrage citizen is in weapon handling beyond making qualification unless they are SWAT guys.

Last edited:
Guns have accidents because people are stupid.

Not everyone is cut out to have a gun.
guns don't have accidents

people have accidents

every accident is ultimately the fault of a person

but in all reality accidental gun discharges are pretty low on the list as causes of fatalities

It doesn't have to say so. Do you believe the Constitution gives us our rights or that it limits our rights?

Forum List

Back