Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

CaféAuLait;8757840 said:
CaféAuLait;8757779 said:
I'm not sure.

Here are details of the airport

Sultan Ismail Petra Airport

Looks like all of the 777 aircraft types require a longer runway than exists at this airport.

Aircraft Runway Requirements - Air Cyber Alliance

Sultan Ismail Petra Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still think it strange, an airport with a 2400m runway and they don't even attempt with some strange emergency? However, I found several places that said a 777 can land on a 2400m runway.

Boeing 777 Freighter Jet - Price, Specs, Features

And the Wiki link says it "can accommodate the Airbus A330 and Boeing 737-800"

Would that include the 777?

I really don't know, as I am not familiar with plane landings at all. It is just strange IMO.

I flew one from DFW to LAX. They are huge planes.

CaféAuLait;8757840 said:
Looks like all of the 777 aircraft types require a longer runway than exists at this airport.

Aircraft Runway Requirements - Air Cyber Alliance

Sultan Ismail Petra Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still think it strange, an airport with a 2400m runway and they don't even attempt with some strange emergency? However, I found several places that said a 777 can land on a 2400m runway.

I really don't know, as I am not familiar with plane landings at all. It is just strange IMO.

A triple 7 is much larger than a 737-8. In fact, the engine nacelles on a 777 are the same diameter as a 737 fuselage. :eek:

Sent from my NWO shill phone using TapYourLine II.

They need to find that Jet, because if it is still out there on a hidden runway somwhere maybe, then it could be a threat looming big time when it gets ready to go airborn again. If the possible terrorist landed this thing, then they sure can get it airborn again. Then where will it be heading in the dead of night or even in the daylight with it's transponders off ? It's a missle awaiting to be re-launched maybe, so lets just hope that this will not be the case.

It would show up on radar as an unidentified craft. Assuming it were within distance to show up at all.

terrorists would claimed responsibly and made demands long before now

well yes, but no if they terrorist operation is still ongoing.... like more planes to disappear and that sort of thing ...we are only speculating here ...

At this juncture everything is speculation. The co-pilot smoked during flights and women visited the cockpit during 2011. Seems like anything is possible.

But probably not on take off. If I were flying and the pilot was a nicotine addict, I would WANT him to be able to smoke. I've seen nicotine withdrawal and it ain't pretty!

CaféAuLait;8757840 said:

A triple 7 is much larger than a 737-8. In fact, the engine nacelles on a 777 are the same diameter as a 737 fuselage. :eek:

Just for comparison, here's a 737 following a 777.

Emirates_SkyCargo_777%20and_flyDubai_737_holding_as_EK29_takes_off_from_Dubai_International.jpg

"In the absence of any sign that the plane was in trouble before it vanished, speculation has ranged widely, including pilot error, plane malfunction, hijacking and terrorism, the last because two passengers were traveling on stolen passports. The terrorism theory weakened after Malaysian authorities determined that one of the two men was an Iranian asylum seeker."

Flight 370: Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane widened, intensifies focus on land - CBS News

Makes no sense, maybe never will but we seek to pin point an answer out of fear seeking resolution.

Everyone who says he/she is seeking asylum is not seeking asylum.

to think that I have to travel soon....oh well it is what it is.

I always arrive early and watch who is boarding with me. If something didn't look right, I would simply not board the plane. Given my profession and the things I've seen, I think I am likely a better judge than the TSA.

an airline expert im not. but why in the hell do they have transponders in the cockpit??? its the first thing hijackers switch off. seems to me it should be moved to some place inaccessible like back where the black box's are.

The transponder controls are in the cockpit because the pilots have to be able to change transponder codes at ATC's request. ATC often request pilots to "squawk" different codes depending on the flight path. They also have several assigned codes to use for emergency conditions (like hijack, radio inop, decompression, etc)

and if the hyjackers turn it off??? like they did on 911. its costing live. there has to be a way to move it.

Last edited:
The Malaysians are being incompetent clowns.

However, that does not mean it's a conspiracy on their part. It's more like bureaucratic infighting and ass-covering.

an airline expert im not. but why in the hell do they have transponders in the cockpit??? its the first thing hijackers switch off. seems to me it should be moved to some place inaccessible like back where the black box's are.

The transponder controls are in the cockpit because the pilots have to be able to change transponder codes at ATC's request. ATC often request pilots to "squawk" different codes depending on the flight path. They also have several assigned codes to use for emergency conditions (like hijack, radio inop, decompression, etc)

and it the hyjackers turn it off??? like they did on 911. its costing live. there has to be a way to move it.

Where would you move it where the pilots could still access the controls to change codes? Also, the electrical breaker panels are in the cockpit too, in case the pilots need to shut down a shorting system. You would have to move the transponder breaker also.

Transponder code control is too important to smooth ATC ops to take access away from the pilots.

The Malaysians are being incompetent clowns.

However, that does not mean it's a conspiracy on their part. It's more like bureaucratic infighting and ass-covering.

It's Asia....just another normal day.

Malaysia...many call it 'barbaric'...former Aussie PM Bob Hawke did, went off like a Saturn rocket after Malaysia hanged Barlow and Chambers for drug smuggling.
Caused more than 20 years of hostility.

And only 'recently';

http://www.news.com.au/national/fam...-from-death-row/story-fncynjr2-1226440685669

THE mother of a Victorian woman facing the death penalty in Malaysia has begged for the mum of six's life to be spared.
"Please don't hang her. I just want the Government to do all they can. I just want her to be brought home alive," she said yesterday from her home in Victoria's High Country.

________
xxxxxxxxxx

Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand...they call them the same thing.

Last edited:
Aha, all is revealed;

How safe are Boeing 777 planes following the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370? | News.com.au

It has emerged that last September, authorities issued a global warning regarding the structural integrity of 777 aircraft following reports of cracks and corrosion appearing in the fuselage skin, resulting in a “weak spot”.

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reported that a 40 centimetre-crack was found underneath the satellite antennae on one of the planes, which could cause “rapid decompression and a loss of structural integrity of the aeroplane.”

Aha, all is revealed;

How safe are Boeing 777 planes following the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370? | News.com.au

It has emerged that last September, authorities issued a global warning regarding the structural integrity of 777 aircraft following reports of cracks and corrosion appearing in the fuselage skin, resulting in a “weak spot”.

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reported that a 40 centimetre-crack was found underneath the satellite antennae on one of the planes, which could cause “rapid decompression and a loss of structural integrity of the aeroplane.”

The 777 is one of the safest birds in the air. Including MH370, there have only been 4 hulls lost due to accidents in 18 years. The others were British Airways flt 38, Egyptair flt MS662 & Asiana flt 214.

and it the hyjackers turn it off??? like they did on 911. its costing live. there has to be a way to move it.

Where would you move it where the pilots could still access the controls to change codes? Also, the electrical breaker panels are in the cockpit too, in case the pilots need to shut down a shorting system. You would have to move the transponder breaker also.

Transponder code control is too important to smooth ATC ops to take access away from the pilots.

the tail would be one choice. where the box's are. nobody has access to it. pilots can change codes in the cockpit. but NO kill switch. the technology exists. but airlines are still profit conscience.

Last edited:

the tail. where the box's are. pilots can change codes from up there. but NO kill switch. the technology exists. but airlines are still profit conscience.

So how would the pilots shut it down during an electrical issue? How would the mechanics turn it off during engine tests and taxi testings? Or during a scheduled maintenance cycle?

Aha, all is revealed;

The 777 is one of the safest birds in the air. Including MH370, there have only been 4 hulls lost due to accidents in 18 years. The others were British Airways flt 38, Egyptair flt MS662 & Asiana flt 214.

Doesn't mean that they're now not cracking up, losing their aerials, and crashing.

Sent from my Windows XP computer that Microsoft will no longer be supporting soon...baaah.

the tail. where the box's are. pilots can change codes from up there. but NO kill switch. the technology exists. but airlines are still profit conscience.

So how would the pilots shut it down during an electrical issue? How would the mechanics turn it off during engine tests and taxi testings? Or during a scheduled maintenance cycle?

like I said. im not an expert here. where there's a will there's a way.

The relative of the Chinese victims are getting very upset with the Malaysian authorities ...it seems they are hiding some shit...

Such as?

Who knows...could be anything.... to hide corruption and the fact that people got aboard the plane with stolen passports, or that the pilot could have crashed the aircraft himself, or that mechanical fault occurred because of their incompetence ... or heavens knows what, that's the problem, when they are not clear all the speculation begins. :dunno:

Into the 5th day and nothing, people are getting frustrated .... the aircraft hasn't been found yet.

Forum List

Back