Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

We have satellites that can see a basketball bouncing, and they did not see a 777 crashing into the ocean? Really?

And out of the thousands of commercial flights, which one do you want them to notice?

Good point.....like the Malaysian plane would've been so important as to cause it to be the focus of satellite imagery before it disappeared?

Terrorists are patient, think about the time span between the first bombing of the world trade center and 911.

Hehe, here is alan1's conspiracy number one.

All communication from the plane ended, transponders, emergency locator beacon, radio. While it is slightly possible that that could happen by accident, it is highly unlikely for all systems (and backup systems) to fail simultaneously. That would indicate that there was intent. If it was intentional, that would indicate hijacking.
Oh, and like I said, terrorists are patient. If the intent was to hijack a plane for future terrorist activity, then the terrorists would remain quiet about it.

So, continuing with the conspiracy theory, it was a hijacking for future use of the plane. Perhaps that future use is to put a dirty nuke in it then fly to and crash it into a large metro area. This is certainly not beyond the realm of a terrorist action. Again, terrorists are patient, it could be 3 days or a year before they use the plane.

Then we have the passengers. Terrorists wouldn't be concerned about the passengers. If they took control of the cockpit, they could easily depressurize the planes cabin. Those oxygen masks that drop would only supply oxygen for an hour at best. Stay in the air longer than that, and all the passengers are either dead or passed out by the time they land at their destination. They don't have to deal with fighting passengers after landing, just deal with removing the dead bodies.

Cell phones of the passengers were still ringing after the plane vanished. Some cell phone service will still present a "false" ring for a phone not on the grid, but many would go straight to voice-mail if the phone isn't connected. Too many cell phones rang, indicating that said phones were not damaged in an explosion or at the bottom of the ocean. It would take a while for terrorists to shut off all the cell phones.

Over 8 countries, over 40 ships, over 30 planes couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again, or find wreckage debris. Yes, I know the search area is large, but how often has five days passed with no sign of debris or wreckage from a plane crash? Rare indeed.

I posit that the plane was successfully hijacked, landed somewhere, the passengers killed and that it will reappear at some point in the future as a terrorist weapon. That's my conspiracy.

Heh, and my conspiracy theory starts growing legs.

The part about "future use" is where your theory goes awry......if what they are saying is correct (flew for hours after it disappeared from radar, and was pinged for 4/5 hours by satellite after that) I'm sure it ran out of fuel long before it could be safely landed....but, for the sake of the passengers, I hope you're right....and that we would be able to rescue them would be an ideal ending. I'm not so sure that is realistic.

I'd like to know how much money has been spent on 239 dead people. Curious, that none of the 239 had a cell phone to call home to say goodbye.

I think whoever hijacked the plane collected all of the cellphones so that wouldn't be a possibility. Those people are probably hostages as we speak.

"Malaysian investigators conclude missing airliner hijacked:... "a Malaysian government official who is involved in the investigation said investigators have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.

The official said no motive has been established, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.

The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory. "It is conclusive."

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: More sinister theories, still no answers - CBS News

Terrible...:mad:

The pilot has flying experience. They haven't searched his house yet. They ought to.
I just read an article that said police were at the home of one of the pilots. I'm sure we'll be hearing if they found anything that would lead them to think he had plans.....:)

Terrorists are patient, think about the time span between the first bombing of the world trade center and 911.

Hehe, here is alan1's conspiracy number one.

All communication from the plane ended, transponders, emergency locator beacon, radio. While it is slightly possible that that could happen by accident, it is highly unlikely for all systems (and backup systems) to fail simultaneously. That would indicate that there was intent. If it was intentional, that would indicate hijacking.
Oh, and like I said, terrorists are patient. If the intent was to hijack a plane for future terrorist activity, then the terrorists would remain quiet about it.

So, continuing with the conspiracy theory, it was a hijacking for future use of the plane. Perhaps that future use is to put a dirty nuke in it then fly to and crash it into a large metro area. This is certainly not beyond the realm of a terrorist action. Again, terrorists are patient, it could be 3 days or a year before they use the plane.

Then we have the passengers. Terrorists wouldn't be concerned about the passengers. If they took control of the cockpit, they could easily depressurize the planes cabin. Those oxygen masks that drop would only supply oxygen for an hour at best. Stay in the air longer than that, and all the passengers are either dead or passed out by the time they land at their destination. They don't have to deal with fighting passengers after landing, just deal with removing the dead bodies.

Cell phones of the passengers were still ringing after the plane vanished. Some cell phone service will still present a "false" ring for a phone not on the grid, but many would go straight to voice-mail if the phone isn't connected. Too many cell phones rang, indicating that said phones were not damaged in an explosion or at the bottom of the ocean. It would take a while for terrorists to shut off all the cell phones.

Over 8 countries, over 40 ships, over 30 planes couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again, or find wreckage debris. Yes, I know the search area is large, but how often has five days passed with no sign of debris or wreckage from a plane crash? Rare indeed.

I posit that the plane was successfully hijacked, landed somewhere, the passengers killed and that it will reappear at some point in the future as a terrorist weapon. That's my conspiracy.

The part about "future use" is where your theory goes awry......if what they are saying is correct (flew for hours after it disappeared from radar, and was pinged for 4/5 hours by satellite after that) I'm sure it ran out of fuel long before it could be safely landed....but, for the sake of the passengers, I hope you're right....and that we would be able to rescue them would be an ideal ending. I'm not so sure that is realistic.

It is merely a conspiracy theory on my part.

Edit to add

I would like to point out, I did call it as a hijacking long before any government agency, news media or member on this board posited that possibility.

Last edited:
Apparently they now know it climbed to 45,000 feet, which is so high that the air would thin, which could kill the passengers, then it descended to 23,000 feet, then back up to about 30,000 feet. At that point it made its u-turn. That plane is rated with a ceiling of 43,000.

At 45,000 feet, a 777 would be tough to control. Its window for proper speed would be really small. In other words, if 500 mph was the perfect speed for a 777 at 45,000 feet, at 505 mph it would shudder uncontrollably, and at 495 it would stall. So if the pilot took it that high, he was desperate. Maybe someone was trying to enter the cockpit. It seems like they were eventually successful, or maybe the climb to 45,000 feet was designed to kill the passengers, in which case the culprit was already in control of the plane.

We got it you are a Kelly Files fan. Just because some old guy admitted he could not control a 777 at that altitude means no one could.

the window between buffeting and stall is about 10 knots at that altitude

the rapid descent from 45 thousand to 23 thousand sounds like a stalled wing

and whoever was at the controls correctly ended the stall

and regained control of the craft

We have satellites that can see a basketball bouncing, and they did not see a 777 crashing into the ocean? Really?

And out of the thousands of commercial flights, which one do you want them to notice?

Good point.....like the Malaysian plane would've been so important as to cause it to be the focus of satellite imagery before it disappeared?

All the planes are moving. The satellite is moving. The plane in question had its communication turned off.

To answer that question, you would have to think of the satellite as a computer and what its functions are as well as what kind of satellite it is. I have no clue as to its capabilities.

It depends on how sophisticated the satellite is, how old it is and how well functioning it is.

It is hard to say if these satellites have artificial intelligence but what is the bandwidth on these things? Is it busy routing telephone calls or television broadcasts and too busy with these things? I'm sure it is able to zoom in on images but what would you see? You would see an object and it would depend whether or not if it is focused on the object or not. If you saw a plane, what would it look like? It would look like a plane. With the communications gear turned off, would the satellite know which plane it was? Would the satellite be in range? It was trying to do a handshake and re-establish communications with the plane so with communications turned off, what do you know?

Does a satellite have radar?

These answers are more likely secret and you will never know because no one wants you to know.

I'd like to know how much money has been spent on 239 dead people. Curious, that none of the 239 had a cell phone to call home to say goodbye.

I think whoever hijacked the plane collected all of the cellphones so that wouldn't be a possibility. Those people are probably hostages as we speak.

More likely dead.

I'm wondering about the 20 Freescale employees. Embedded systems engineers could be a target for something rather nefarious.

Apparently they now know it climbed to 45,000 feet, which is so high that the air would thin, which could kill the passengers, then it descended to 23,000 feet, then back up to about 30,000 feet. At that point it made its u-turn. That plane is rated with a ceiling of 43,000.

At 45,000 feet, a 777 would be tough to control. Its window for proper speed would be really small. In other words, if 500 mph was the perfect speed for a 777 at 45,000 feet, at 505 mph it would shudder uncontrollably, and at 495 it would stall. So if the pilot took it that high, he was desperate. Maybe someone was trying to enter the cockpit. It seems like they were eventually successful, or maybe the climb to 45,000 feet was designed to kill the passengers, in which case the culprit was already in control of the plane.

We got it you are a Kelly Files fan. Just because some old guy admitted he could not control a 777 at that altitude means no one could.

I wasn't saying it couldn't be done. Im saying that its a desperate move, assuming that the maneuvering was intended to stop an intruder from breaking into the cabin.

we dont know why it went to 45 thousand feet

"Malaysian investigators conclude missing airliner hijacked:... "a Malaysian government official who is involved in the investigation said investigators have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.

The official said no motive has been established, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.

The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory. "It is conclusive."

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: More sinister theories, still no answers - CBS News

Terrible...:mad:

The pilot has flying experience. They haven't searched his house yet. They ought to.
I just read an article that said police were at the home of one of the pilots. I'm sure we'll be hearing if they found anything that would lead them to think he had plans.....:)

...Or maybe who he was communicating with on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis so we can find out who they are and where they have been and what they are doing.

A Malaysian government official says investigators have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.

The official, who is involved in the investigation, says no motive has been established, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.

The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory. “It is conclusive.”

Malaysian official says investigators conclude missing jet was hijacked, steered off-course | Star Tribune

I repeat my previous question. Was one of the pilot's a Muslim? If so, that would explain a lot.

yes one is the co pilot

It is merely a conspiracy theory on my part.

Edit to add

I would like to point out, I did call it as a hijacking long before any government agency, news media or member on this board posited that possibility.

You did indeed.....such a dastardly act on the part of whoever is responsible.

I don't believe this scenario.

It is more likely they want to test what the plane can do and repurpose it.
They probably wanted to kill everyone on board and land it somewhere.

whoever probably was fighting the auto pilot

pushing the yoke down

and the plane was thinking we are losing altitude and kept adjusting for it

Latest reports have suggested that the ill-fated Malaysian Airline Flight 370 apparently made several course corrections after getting off the civilian radar.

It is said that the radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appeared to show that the plane ascending to 45,000 feet and made a sharp turn to the right after vanishing from the radar.

According to news.com.au, the height of 45,000 feet is above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200.

story

sounds like a stalled wing

the right one first

I don't believe this scenario.

It is more likely they want to test what the plane can do and repurpose it.
They probably wanted to kill everyone on board and land it somewhere.

whoever probably was fighting the auto pilot

pushing the yoke down

and the plane was thinking we are losing altitude and kept adjusting for it

The pilot is responsible for the plane, the crew, the passengers and the safety of that aircraft. You have a pilot, co-pilot as well as crew who are responsible for the plane.

The communications were shut down 14 minutes apart from one another and the pilot flew the plane to avoid radar contact which means the pilot has experience and the aerial maneuvers suggests the pilot has a military background. This is not a pilot learning to fly.

The officials are no longer looking at this as an accident. They view this as a hijacking and criminal act.

Climbed to 45K pilots go on O2 then decompress the plane. Maybe thats what happened

-Geaux

That sounds like a possibility. If they stayed at that level for any period of time, then it would have killed all the passengers on the plane. This plane could be somewhere in terrorists hand waiting for the opportunity to use it as a weapon. There are many possibilities right now.

serious symptoms of hypoxia start at around 16 thousand feet

Forum List

Back