Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

CaféAuLait;8785718 said:
I enjoy reading shit posted by idiots without a clue - it makes me laugh.

I see a photo of the pilot, wearing a political T shirt (That can be bought as a fashion item in many shops) and that makes him a potential extremist.
Those more familiar with Malaysia will be aware, the more extreme Muslim elements over there have nothing to do with the Chinese but, as we see here, the pilot's mate was Chinese.

That doesn't really work out if you want to call him an extremist, especially when the evidence is a load of old crap anyway.

Far before the finding of that tee-shirt it was said he supported the opposition government (Anwar Ibrahim's). And such was being discussed before that photo was found.

I look at the whole picture, he was said to be upset at Anwar Ibrahim's jailing hours before the flight left, his wife and children left him days before the incident. The jailing of Anwar Ibrahim, considered a political move by the Malaysian government hours day before the flight disappeared.

Malaysian politician Anwar Ibrahim jailed for five years on sodomy charge | World news | theguardian.com

Missing jet's pilot was opposition 'political activist'

Could the pilot have had some breakdown and decided to use the plane to make some crazy statement?

On the flip side, if so, how can a political statement be made without knowledge of why the plane disappeared? Why not broadcast some political message before the plane disappears?

Maybe he just 'lost it'. who knows, he may have nothing to do with the disappearance as well. But everything needs to be investigated IMO. Perhaps to find an answer for those who have loved ones on the plane.

I honestly do not believe the Malaysian government is releasing everything they know. That is my belief due to many inconsonant reports from the government.

his wife and children left him days before the incident

maybe doesnt sound like they left him

The family of Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, pilot of the vanished MH370, had moved out of their residence in Laman Seri even before the flight's disappearance last Saturday, according to The Malay Mail.

According to their report, reporters had visited the family's house yesterday but discovered no one at home, except their 38-year-old maid. "Captain Zaharie's wife and three children had camped at their second house in Subang a day before the incident." said Norhayati Wahiduddin.

"They only came back to collect some clothes and they just asked if everything was alright around the house."

Singapore Seen | Family of MH370 captain moved out of home before disappearance

Sorry, should have linked to the report by Diane Sawyer, she said "Malaysian Media was reporting that they had recently separated and his wife moved into the second family home, presumably until the divorce was final" ( I'm 99 percent sure it was Diane) she made the statement to show that the pilots home probably had not been tampered with prior to investigators arriving by family members.

Either way that would show someone distraught, not making a political statement, which as I pointed out above makes no sense without any statement. Additionally, even if suicidal it makes no sense to cover all tracks of a suicide and fly for 7 hours and systemically turn off all data systems.

Something that I have learned over the course of this investigation also on ABC news, is pilots can turn off both sets of transponders ( I can't recall what they called them both) which show where the plane is with a flip of a switch or knob and even turn off he cockpit voice recorders and the flight data recorder if they remove circuit breakers, this According to Tom Haueter former director of NTSB.

I can't see any reason for a pilot of a commercial flight to be allowed access to do such. This should be changed IMO.

Last edited:
Something a pilot can't turn off:

Help from above: Satellite signals can confirm a plane's identity - CNN.com

There's a reason why Malaysian officials are so confident it was Flight 370 that sent signals to a satellite many hours after the plane disappeared from radar March 8. That's because CNN has learned signals from commercial aircraft to Inmarsat satellites always include a code confirming the identity of the plane...

...It is "virtually impossible" to change an aircraft's identifying code or to confuse one aircraft with another, the Inmarsat official said.

Further, after a satellite link is established at the beginning of a plane's flight, it makes automatic, periodic checks until the end of the flight -- helping investigators determine the duration of the flight, if not its location.

That could explain why Malaysian authorities now say they have a "high degree of confidence" that Flight 370 continued flying well after it disappeared from civilian radar screens.

Government officials now believe the plane continued flying until at least 8:11 a.m. -- almost seven hours after disappearing from radar at 1:21 a.m.

Malaysian officials, citing "satellite information" but giving scant details, this weekend refocused the search for the missing Boeing 777, moving attention to massive arcs on both sides of the equator.

Malaysian authorities believe someone disabled several communications systems, perhaps to conceal the plane's location. One of those systems was a digital data system known as ACARS, which uses the satellite to relay messages to the ground.

But while it is possible for someone in the cockpit to turn off ACARS, the system's powered antenna remained on, receiving and responding to hourly checks from a ground station, via the satellite.

That is indeed interesting information. Explanatory video at the link as well.

Very interesting indeed. I just saw they are now focusing the investigation on the west coast of Australia.

I also was commenting on the other thread I learned that I have learned over the course of this investigation on ABC news, is pilots can turn off both sets of transponders which show where the plane is AND even turn off he cockpit voice recorders and the flight data recorder if they remove circuit breakers according to Tom Haueter former director of NTSB.

I can't see any reason for a pilot of a commercial flight to be allowed access to do such, especially given he may be forced to do such under duress. This should be changed IMO. It should not be an option IMO.

I can't imagine what these families are going through due to the selfish and destructive acts of yet unknown individuals.

CaféAuLait;8785718 said:
I enjoy reading shit posted by idiots without a clue - it makes me laugh.

I see a photo of the pilot, wearing a political T shirt (That can be bought as a fashion item in many shops) and that makes him a potential extremist.
Those more familiar with Malaysia will be aware, the more extreme Muslim elements over there have nothing to do with the Chinese but, as we see here, the pilot's mate was Chinese.

That doesn't really work out if you want to call him an extremist, especially when the evidence is a load of old crap anyway.

Far before the finding of that tee-shirt it was said he supported the opposition government (Anwar Ibrahim's). And such was being discussed before that photo was found.

I look at the whole picture, he was said to be upset at Anwar Ibrahim's jailing hours before the flight left, his wife and children left him days before the incident. The jailing of Anwar Ibrahim, considered a political move by the Malaysian government hours day before the flight disappeared.

Malaysian politician Anwar Ibrahim jailed for five years on sodomy charge | World news | theguardian.com

Could the pilot have had some breakdown and decided to use the plane to make some crazy statement?

Yes, and that's probably what happened.
That explains all the irrational climbing, descending, and flightpath changing.
Could've been anything from absolute depression to a stroke.

On "Homicide Hunter" [Lt Joe Kendra] just now on my tv, a kindly grandfather had a stroke, his mind and personality were affected, and he murdered his whole family, including his wife, daughter, and 6 yr old grandson.

As with the kindly grandfather, maybe in his crazed and depressed mind the pilot thought he'd save himself all the crew and passengers from living in this horrible world, do them a favour....and crashed the plane.

Or crashed the plane as payback to the Malaysian govt.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8786842 said:
Very interesting indeed. I just saw they are now focusing the investigation on the west coast of Australia.

I also was commenting on the other thread I learned that I have learned over the course of this investigation on ABC news, is pilots can turn off both sets of transponders which show where the plane is AND even turn off he cockpit voice recorders and the flight data recorder if they remove circuit breakers according to Tom Haueter former director of NTSB.

I can't see any reason for a pilot of a commercial flight to be allowed access to do such, especially given he may be forced to do such under duress. This should be changed IMO. It should not be an option IMO.

I can't imagine what these families are going through due to the selfish and destructive acts of yet unknown individuals.

I agree.

Just to clear something up: Just watched an aeronautical engineer who worked on the 777 say in an interview that if the plane had made a descent of 20K in one minute the wings would have broken off.
It's time for some here to wake up.

Just to clear something up: Just watched an aeronautical engineer who worked on the 777 say in an interview that if the plane had made a descent of 20K in one minute the wings would have broken off.

I don't think you need to wake me up at all, thank you.

And exactly WHEN was that descent recorded within this time frame? During those eight hours, or afterward?

Other than that, the physics of what you mention sound pretty much right. The shearing forces by such a descent, I imagine, could rip the wings off. That sounds quite plausible. But not guaranteed.

Last edited:

Who wants to be the thought police?
When you have a pilot with 18,000 hours, why don't you trust him and how do you start making a case of whom you trust and whom you don't trust?

Not real sure why this thread is making you so defensive. The information in the OP doesn't negate anything you are saying at all. You do realize that, right?

CaféAuLait;8786835 said:
CaféAuLait;8785718 said:

On the flip side, if so, how can a political statement be made without knowledge of why the plane disappeared? Why not broadcast some political message before the plane disappears?

Maybe he just 'lost it'. who knows, he may have nothing to do with the disappearance as well. But everything needs to be investigated IMO. Perhaps to find an answer for those who have loved ones on the plane.

I honestly do not believe the Malaysian government is releasing everything they know. That is my belief due to many inconsonant reports from the government.

his wife and children left him days before the incident

maybe doesnt sound like they left him

The family of Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, pilot of the vanished MH370, had moved out of their residence in Laman Seri even before the flight's disappearance last Saturday, according to The Malay Mail.

According to their report, reporters had visited the family's house yesterday but discovered no one at home, except their 38-year-old maid. "Captain Zaharie's wife and three children had camped at their second house in Subang a day before the incident." said Norhayati Wahiduddin.

"They only came back to collect some clothes and they just asked if everything was alright around the house."

Singapore Seen | Family of MH370 captain moved out of home before disappearance

Sorry, should have linked to the report by Diane Sawyer, she said "Malaysian Media was reporting that they had recently separated and his wife moved into the second family home, presumably until the divorce was final" ( I'm 99 percent sure it was Diane) she made the statement to show that the pilots home probably had not been tampered with prior to investigators arriving by family members.

Either way that would show someone distraught, not making a political statement, which as I pointed out above makes no sense without any statement. Additionally, even if suicidal it makes no sense to cover all tracks of a suicide and fly for 7 hours and systemically turn off all data systems.

Something that I have learned over the course of this investigation also on ABC news, is pilots can turn off both sets of transponders ( I can't recall what they called them both) which show where the plane is with a flip of a switch or knob and even turn off he cockpit voice recorders and the flight data recorder if they remove circuit breakers, this According to Tom Haueter former director of NTSB.

I can't see any reason for a pilot of a commercial flight to be allowed access to do such. This should be changed IMO.

from what i gathered it was not unusual for the family to use the other home

what i have not been able to find has anyone seen them since this started

several articles say they have disappeared

the crew needs to have the ability to shutoff electric systems

in case of an electrical fire

i am of mixed opinion if flight data recorders should have a self contained back up battery

Something a pilot can't turn off:

Help from above: Satellite signals can confirm a plane's identity - CNN.com

There's a reason why Malaysian officials are so confident it was Flight 370 that sent signals to a satellite many hours after the plane disappeared from radar March 8. That's because CNN has learned signals from commercial aircraft to Inmarsat satellites always include a code confirming the identity of the plane...

...It is "virtually impossible" to change an aircraft's identifying code or to confuse one aircraft with another, the Inmarsat official said.

Further, after a satellite link is established at the beginning of a plane's flight, it makes automatic, periodic checks until the end of the flight -- helping investigators determine the duration of the flight, if not its location.

That could explain why Malaysian authorities now say they have a "high degree of confidence" that Flight 370 continued flying well after it disappeared from civilian radar screens.

Government officials now believe the plane continued flying until at least 8:11 a.m. -- almost seven hours after disappearing from radar at 1:21 a.m.

Malaysian officials, citing "satellite information" but giving scant details, this weekend refocused the search for the missing Boeing 777, moving attention to massive arcs on both sides of the equator.

Malaysian authorities believe someone disabled several communications systems, perhaps to conceal the plane's location. One of those systems was a digital data system known as ACARS, which uses the satellite to relay messages to the ground.

But while it is possible for someone in the cockpit to turn off ACARS, the system's powered antenna remained on, receiving and responding to hourly checks from a ground station, via the satellite.

That is indeed interesting information. Explanatory video at the link as well.

yes it will ping every hour

and say i am ready to transmit information but my owners are too cheap

to pay for the service

who says it happened in a minute

My prediction, which isn't worth a whole lot, is that the plane will be found on the original flight path.

sending out faulty information could mean an electrical fire

The plane flew for seven hours though.

Whoever was flying the airplane may have flown below 5,000 feet and used mountainous terrain as cover to avoid being detected by radar, the New Straits Times newspaper in Malaysia reported Monday, citing unnamed sources. CNN could not immediately confirm the newspaper's account, which is just one of several as-yet unproven theories about what happened to the jetliner after its last contact with flight controllers.

Pakistan said Sunday that the plane never showed up on its civilian radars and would have been treated as a threat if it had. The Times of India reported that India's military also said there was no way the plane could have flown over India without being picked up on radar.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Get up to speed on latest developments - CNN.com

sending out faulty information could mean an electrical fire

The plane flew for seven hours though.

Whoever was flying the airplane may have flown below 5,000 feet and used mountainous terrain as cover to avoid being detected by radar, the New Straits Times newspaper in Malaysia reported Monday, citing unnamed sources. CNN could not immediately confirm the newspaper's account, which is just one of several as-yet unproven theories about what happened to the jetliner after its last contact with flight controllers.

Pakistan said Sunday that the plane never showed up on its civilian radars and would have been treated as a threat if it had. The Times of India reported that India's military also said there was no way the plane could have flown over India without being picked up on radar.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Get up to speed on latest developments - CNN.com

just because a country says it didnt show up on their radar

does not mean that the plane flew there under the radar

it may have meant that the plane was never in the area

when there is smoke in the cockpit the procedure

is to turn the circuit breakers off

if smoke continues more breakers are shut off

if the electrical system that powers the transponders

was faulty the crew would not have been able to squawk 7700

as for the ping the satellite received it was not able to say where the plane was

but rather a greatest distance which includes the original flight path

Forum List

Back