Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

I read a little more.

What they're claiming here is, the co pilot can't fly the aircraft he's assigned to.
If that's true, what the hell is he doing on the thing?

A Closer Look At The Co-Pilot Of Missing Flight 370 | Here & Now

It was part of a taping Quest was doing in February for CNN Business Traveler, and it hasn’t aired yet on CNN. Hamid, a 27-year-old first officer, was taking part in a training session, flying from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur...
......“It was quite a shock to look at the picture and to think that I had sat behind, watching him land a 777 only a matter of weeks earlier.”

It seems he can fly, so the story is probably a steaming pile of shit.

What they're claiming here is, the co pilot can't fly the aircraft he's assigned to.

if it is true do not fly Malaysia airlines that is for sure

if that is the case why bother having a co pilot at all

The fact is he is licensed.

What they are saying is he has a lack of hours behind the controls of that aircraft and they are concluding based on that, he shouldn't be behind the controls.
What they should investigate is his experience with other aircraft.
I have a relative who started with a private pilot's license and then added instruments and then added aircraft with retractable landing gear and secondary engines. Then my relative added "commercial" to the license. When you have that, you can fly and you know how to fly. You just haven't had an abundance of hours behind the controls of said plane. I think they said he had 4,000 hours behind the controls of the plane. It isn't 18,000 like the pilot. Tell me what the difference is between 18,000 and 4,000 hours.

I think the requirement is snotty.

I read a little more.

What they are saying is he has a lack of hours behind the controls of that aircraft and they are concluding based on that, he shouldn't be behind the controls.
I have a relative who started with a private pilot's license and then added instruments and then added aircraft with retractable landing gear and secondary engines. Then my relative added "commercial" to the license. When you have that, you can fly and you know how to fly. You just haven't had an abundance of hours behind the controls of said plane. I think they said he had 4,000 hours behind the controls of the plane. It isn't 18,000 like the pilot. Tell me what the difference is between 18,000 and 4,000 hours.

you get certified actually

he would have had to have a check ride

before being allowed sit in the right seat

to prove that he could handle the aircraft

experience does matter the guy with 4 times as much at the controls

has had an opportunity to have been through more incidents

to me the only difference would be the "freak out factor"

in an emergency

in an emergency

Just about everyone who has flown an aircraft has had a freak-out story. Just ask them.
All kinds of crazy things happen.
You could escape prosecution by reporting incidents to NASA and I'm not sure if they renewed that program or not but pilots in the U.S. were encouraged to report everything.
Imagine you land a single prop plane and your nose is a little down and the propeller starts to do a little dance on the runway. It has happened to pilots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2591402/MH370-flight-deck-fire-similar-one-broke-Boeing-model-2011-downed-missing-jet-claims-London-law-firm.html[/url]

attachment.php

attachment.php

Imagine that at 30,000 ft and over the ocean.
That's explain the lack of communications and why systems failed at different times.
A fire in an oxygen supply would kill an aircraft and, as with this fire, melt a hole in the thing.
No oxygen and rapid decompression would explain everything.

.....with no terrorists involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

in an emergency

Just about everyone who has flown an aircraft has had a freak-out story. Just ask them.
All kinds of crazy things happen.
You could escape prosecution by reporting incidents to NASA and I'm not sure if they renewed that program or not but pilots in the U.S. were encouraged to report everything.
Imagine you land a single prop plane and your nose is a little down and the propeller starts to do a little dance on the runway. It has happened to pilots.

yeah i lost the electric flaps one time in flight

had to land at a higher and much flatter slope

turned out to be a great landing anyway

Hundreds of pieces of debris, but it's all just ocean pollution. Still nothing found belonging to the plane. This time next year, the media will still be chasing the next bunch of trash spotted. This may be the biggest government side show, to keep the public's attention distracted from the stuff the man behind the curtain is doing. The 239 passengers are being kept in area 51.

They have a new area to search.

I think the hosts on CNN chatted back and forth about this for 15 minutes and I cannot tell you what was said.

What is shocking about searching another area?

This area is better--further north--away from the furious 40's and ?? Roaring 50's?--can be reached by the planes in less time. Maybe they will have some success, finally.

I read a little more.

No, they said he wasn't capable.
In fact, a reporter had witnessed him fly from HK and land in KL.
Sounds pretty capable to me.

Ner, the report is just one more pile of shit from the arse of a newspaper desperate to print something new.

No, they said he wasn't capable.
In fact, a reporter had witnessed him fly from HK and land in KL.
Sounds pretty capable to me.

Ner, the report is just one more pile of shit from the arse of a newspaper desperate to print something new.

I think what the CNN's Anderson Cooper and the pilot's running the flight simulator were agreeing on is the fact that the standards for being able to fly a jet in this country is higher because Airlines would require more hours in the United States than airlines overseas. I didn't fact check this at all. This is just the implication of what they said.

Hundreds of pieces of debris, but it's all just ocean pollution. Still nothing found belonging to the plane. This time next year, the media will still be chasing the next bunch of trash spotted. This may be the biggest government side show, to keep the public's attention distracted from the stuff the man behind the curtain is doing. The 239 passengers are being kept in area 51.

about the only thing so far found from an aircraft

is this

bomb-in-maldives.jpg

which floated to shore in the Maldives

it has been positively identified as a Boeing fire suppression container

same type as found inside 777

I have to assume that they haven't yet found the correct area to search.

How the international support for the search will be determined for the future must be an incredibly difficult topic to consider.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/internatio...fNt2/?icmp=ajc_internallink_textlink_homepage

<Searchers will be hoping that if the latest area turns out to be where the plane crashed &#8212; and that remains educated guesswork until searchers can put their hands on aerial debris sightings and check what it is &#8212; the fuselage did not go down on the southern edge of Broken Ridge.

That's where the ocean floor drops precipitously &#8212; more than 4 kilometers (2 1/2 miles) in places, according to Robin Beaman, a marine geologist at Australia's James Cook University. It's not a sheer cliff, more like a very steep hill that a car would struggle to drive up. At the bottom of this escarpment is the narrow Diamantina trench, which measurements put as deep at 5,800 meters (19,000 feet), though no one is sure of its greatest depth because it has never been precisely mapped.

"Let's hope the wreck debris has not landed over this escarpment &#8212; it's a long way to the bottom," Beaman said.

The Diamantina trench, named after an Australian navy vessel, is one of the deeper sections of the parts of the oceans that surround Antarctica, according to Mike Coffin, the executive director of the Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies at Australia's University of Tasmania.>

Last edited:
I caught a few minutes, actually seconds, of what sounded like 'whining' on CNN--some defensive commentary on the way the Malaysian Airlines story has been covered.

A time for reflection and introspection should follow--but I won't hold my breath.

Meanwhile according to a Chinese newspaper--the citizens who lost family members on flight 370 are being cautioned not to 'reflect poorly on China' by complaining about the efforts of the Malaysian Airlines.

As tanks gather on the borders of Ukraine.

Today promises to be one of those perfect Spring days. Something to be enjoyed and cherished.

Forum List

Back