Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

U.S. law firm seeks records from Malaysian Airlines, Boeing | Reuters

Lots of opinions on this--'premature', etc.

-I suppose they might as well get started. They want US investigators involved to review whatever Malaysian Airlines has. This may be the most effective way.

This is suggesting mechanical faults, destroying systems that keep the passengers and crew alive.
They're suggesting the aircraft was on auto pilot for the last few hours of it's journey.

In my opinion, this is the most likely cause and is the only theory that fills in all the gaps.
However, some greedy law firm shouldn't be doing this.
Boeing are very probably going to be in deep shit for this one but we won't know a lot until/unless the search teams recover the black boxes.

The legal action is a bit daft as they'll never prove anything in court without evidence.
They're just fishing, hoping for a killing on this sad event.

They're suggesting the aircraft was on auto pilot for the last few hours of it's journey.

yeah and that can be a mistake

civilian aircraft are inherently stable (capable of level flight without the auto pilot or the pilot )

problem being

in each scenario the plane ends up in totally different areas

for example

with auto pilot on the plane constantly corrects for wind to stay on a heading

without the auto pilot or a pilot crabbing into the wind

the plane will move off course

so if there is an 80 mph wind cross wind

the plane in the first hour would have drifted 80 miles off the course

2 hours 160 miles

3 hours 240 miles

4 hours 320 miles off

Just to keep you updated in a timely fashion--

As of this evening--those who commentate on CNN are not supporting the 'pilot--went insane' theory.

Everything else--'Maybe, that could be correct'.

It just seems to me--awash in my ignorance--that those that fly 777's would have some ideas on why this happened. CNN has a person like that.

Not a time to be spouting your opinions---almost everyone alive today should be aware of legal consequences--certain that CNN is highly aware.

So we are in 'spinning our wheels' mode.

Just to keep you updated in a timely fashion--

As of this evening--those who commentate on CNN are not supporting the 'pilot--went insane' theory.

Everything else--'Maybe, that could be correct'.

It just seems to me--awash in my ignorance--that those that fly 777's would have some ideas on why this happened. CNN has a person like that.

Not a time to be spouting your opinions---almost everyone alive today should be aware of legal consequences--certain that CNN is highly aware.

So we are in 'spinning our wheels' mode.

Opinions should be given equality with saying "allegedly".
Once you have an airline letting people on with the wrong passport then you can't guarantee that they know who was on the plane. I'm sure if they review surveillance video of who boarded the plane, they might get a better idea from hindsight.
Until the plane is found, no one has concrete evidence of what happened unless they are withholding information.

The visibility is poor today--so whatever they discuss will be another rehash of what has already been discussed--which probably accounts for the waning interest in this story.

If the FBI completes its assessment of the hard drives and simulators--that might be newsworthy. I more or less expect--'Nothing exceptional' to be the conclusion.

Beyond me--if Malaysia Airlines stands firm on it being 'a deliberate act'--ok--hope they can find out who was responsible.

Many believe that Malaysia Airlines will be the entity held accountable regardless. They have a billion dollar line of insurance--which will probably be completely exhausted for this incident.

'They will keep searching'---months, years.

I suspect that somehow the US will provide some support--the $4 million allocated will be exceeded. ??? Money for the military--where will it come from. Yesterday--this was an issue in Congress--with defense spending cut to the bone and things heating up in Ukraine and other hot spot areas--more funding is needed. I believe they said the current goal for defense is to have the ability to fight one war and ??? another. Used to be defense standards were to be able to fight two wars. But--we know why the policy was changed.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 pilot 'deliberately' flew jet off course: report

A high-ranking official with the Royal Malaysia Police said pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah is solely responsible for maneuvering the Boeing 777 deep over the southern Indian Ocean. The source, going off the record with USA Today, said authorities are pressing Zaharie's relatives for information about his behavior before the flight.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 pilot 'deliberately' flew jet off course: report - NY Daily News

Anyone else think the nonstop tv "news" coverage is ridiculous? Half the time they aren't reporting news, they're making their own.

I don't know. It is what it is.

I think I could survive with less commentary--that will not happen.

~~~~~~~~
And, as for the linked article on the pilot--they are saying there was nothing on the hard drives or the simulator to implicate the pilot.

I don't understand the reasons given to support 'this was a deliberate act'. If Malaysia Airlines has definitive fyi to prove this--go ahead and release it. They will still be liable.

Again, I suppose the other airlines are to be commended that this sort of incident has never happened. What does Captain Sullenberger think---we certainly do need that sort of individual in the cockpit.

here is something to consider

this looks a lot like a halogen tank for fire fighting on the 777

this washed up on shore on Baarah beach

HaveeruOnline - Suspicious object washes up on Baarah beach

what washed up in the maldives area

bomb-in-maldives.jpg

whats on a plane

fire-suppression-bottle-maldives.jpg

another article

Last edited:
It seems pretty hopeless at this point. I wish there was something more to go on than just a couple of these little things washing up.

A high-ranking official with the Royal Malaysia Police said pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah is solely responsible for maneuvering the Boeing 777 deep over the southern Indian Ocean. The source, going off the record with USA Today, said authorities are pressing Zaharie's relatives for information about his behavior before the flight.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 pilot 'deliberately' flew jet off course: report - NY Daily News

link said:
The source, going off the record with USA Today,

Translated - we made up a story.

I read a little more.

He was the only person with the necessary skills and experience to pilot the aircraft, the source said. Authorities do not believe the co-pilot, 27, would have been capable.

What they're claiming here is, the co pilot can't fly the aircraft he's assigned to.
If that's true, what the hell is he doing on the thing?

A Closer Look At The Co-Pilot Of Missing Flight 370 | Here & Now

It was part of a taping Quest was doing in February for CNN Business Traveler, and it hasn’t aired yet on CNN. Hamid, a 27-year-old first officer, was taking part in a training session, flying from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur...
......“It was quite a shock to look at the picture and to think that I had sat behind, watching him land a 777 only a matter of weeks earlier.”

It seems he can fly, so the story is probably a steaming pile of shit.

link said:
The source, going off the record with USA Today,

Translated - we made up a story.

It only means you can't substantiate the story.
Plenty of people want to talk about the truth but are constrained to.
An example would be Wikileaks or Snowden.

I read a little more.

He was the only person with the necessary skills and experience to pilot the aircraft, the source said. Authorities do not believe the co-pilot, 27, would have been capable.

What they're claiming here is, the co pilot can't fly the aircraft he's assigned to.

It was part of a taping Quest was doing in February for CNN Business Traveler, and it hasn’t aired yet on CNN. Hamid, a 27-year-old first officer, was taking part in a training session, flying from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur...
......“It was quite a shock to look at the picture and to think that I had sat behind, watching him land a 777 only a matter of weeks earlier.”

if it is true do not fly Malaysia airlines that is for sure

if that is the case why bother having a co pilot at all

I read a little more.

I've flown with MAS many times, even joined the mile high club in one of their aircraft.
They're a very good airline, but the rear port toilets could use being a little larger as it's hard to get two people in at once.

It only means you can't substantiate the story.
Plenty of people want to talk about the truth but are constrained to.
An example would be Wikileaks or Snowden.

You didn't read the link - it had more holes that a beggar's socks.

I read a little more.

I've flown with MAS many times, even joined the mile high club in one of their aircraft.
They're a very good airline, but the rear port toilets could use being a little larger as it's hard to get two people in at once.

i find it hard to believe that the airline would allow a non type certified pilot

to sit in the right seat

Forum List

Back