Man allegedly executes DUI that killed his sons.

I read the story, and without gunshot residue, how can they even put the gun in the father's hand? Everything the prosecution has is speculation, it never should have gone to trial.

It's open and shut all right. NOT guilty.

Totally different circumstances than the OP's case, and much more easy to justify.

1. He caught the guy in the act
2. His response was immediate
3. The only weapons he used was him
4. He was responding to an ongoing threat, once the threat was nullified (i.e. the guy was a puddle on the floor) he called the police and and informed them of the situation.

In this specific case the idea that the father's actions are somehow criminal is ludicrous.

Totally different circumstances than the OP's case, and much more easy to justify.

1. He caught the guy in the act
2. His response was immediate
3. The only weapons he used was him
4. He was responding to an ongoing threat, once the threat was nullified (i.e. the guy was a puddle on the floor) he called the police and and informed them of the situation.

In this specific case the idea that the father's actions are somehow criminal is ludicrous.
Well Marty B., it's like I said in another post- if he had killed that guy with his fists then he'd be in a lot better shape legally.

Well Marty B., it's like I said in another post- if he had killed that guy with his fists then he'd be in a lot better shape legally.

Its also the going somewhere to GET the gun that makes it an issue. If he was carrying and then plugged the guy, you could claim derangement due to the death/injury of his children. Going back to get a gun shows intent.

This is all moot however, because of the circumstantial nature of the case against the man.

If you allow one person to take the law into his own hands, you open the door for others to do the same. It's a slippery slope leading to a lawless nation.
I have to agree. The problem is that so many people do not believe that justice is served anymore with things in the hands of the authorities. Therefore, what they need to do is get up off their pine cones and quit letting so many people get away with whatever it is that they are guilty of.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Vigilante justice is not okay. If you allow one person to take the law into his own hands, you open the door for others to do the same. It's a slippery slope leading to a lawless nation.

Which is why things like the Death Penalty need to be kept on the table as long as there is popular support for it. If people don't think justice is being done, they will take the law into their own hands. With current DWI homicide laws, there is far too much leniency, although this is changing.

That being said, the guy is guilty of at least manslaughter. I see the trauma of seeing his sons killed as a mitigating factor.

Horseshit...this is MURDER ONE with SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES! (Lying in wait.) THIS is an open and shut case that DEMANDS the death penalty.

The only difference between justice and revenge is that justice is more Light Side and revenge is more Dark Side, so only the person committing the act can truly know if it was justice or revenge. It has nothing to do with the law or crime, because law and crime have nothing to do with "morality", but justice and revenge do.

Yes, it can be justified. But it is not justice. Justice does not come in a fit of rage.

Justice would be his kids alive. Revenge is sometimes all you have and I would not convict him for killing the piece of shit who killed his boys.
And this is an example of the subjective emotionalism that justice thankfully guards against.

Vigilante justice is not okay. If you allow one person to take the law into his own hands, you open the door for others to do the same. It's a slippery slope leading to a lawless nation.

Which is why things like the Death Penalty need to be kept on the table as long as there is popular support for it. If people don't think justice is being done, they will take the law into their own hands. With current DWI homicide laws, there is far too much leniency, although this is changing.

That being said, the guy is guilty of at least manslaughter. I see the trauma of seeing his sons killed as a mitigating factor.

Horseshit...this is MURDER ONE with SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES! (Lying in wait.) THIS is an open and shut case that DEMANDS the death penalty.

Indeed. It was premeditated. :thup:

AOL.com Article - Prosecutor: Father shooting driver was 'execution'

Hope he is found not guilty. Drunk drivers kill someone....they can die themselves.

Sharia law isn't all bad - this wouldn't even have resulted in his being arrested :)

But it most certainly would result in your being arrested, given the threads you create in the Health and Lifestyles subforum here. :badgrin:
If I was that poor guy and watched one son die and find out the other followed soon after...do you really think I would care what happened to me?
To solve your very weird ailment of having to read my posts, why not just put me on ignore? Or do you like to Yurt too much?

Hope he is found not guilty. Drunk drivers kill someone....they can die themselves.
Case ya havent noticed we have reached the lawless stage where foreigners have more rights than citizens where murderers are up for freedom after ridiculously short incarceration periods...

Sharia law isn't all bad - this wouldn't even have resulted in his being arrested :)

But it most certainly would result in your being arrested, given the threads you create in the Health and Lifestyles subforum here. :badgrin:
If I was that poor guy and watched one son die and find out the other followed soon after...do you really think I would care what happened to me?
To solve your very weird ailment of having to read my posts, why not just put me on ignore? Or do you like to Yurt too much?

I was talking to Delta4Embassy, Gracie.

Well, last I saw, you were ragging on me for some unknown reason, so i presumed you were ragging on me some more.

Sorry.

If I was on the jury I'd find the father "Not Guilty" no matter how much evidence was against him.
Juries are supposed to follow the law. If you were on a jury and didn't base your findings on the law, hopefully there would be 11 other people on that jury who did. That would lead to a mistrial, and another trial, hopefully where jurors did the right thing.

I feel great sadness for the father, but when he murdered the drunk driver he brought himself down to the level of the driver, even lower because he did it on purpose. No matter how much shock and anger we feel, we need to abide by the law and let the justice system take its course: without that, we are in chaos and a lawless nation where every individual gets to decide who dies and who doesn't and on what to base that.

Forum List

Back