Man beaten in broad daylight in Bronx neighborhood

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
http://7online.com/news/exclusive-man-beaten-in-broad-daylight-in-bedford-park/454892/

(VIDEO-AT-LINK)
BEDFORD PARK (WABC) -- William King has lived in his Bronx neighborhood for 40 years, and since 1974 he has felt safe - that is until Saturday afternoon when he was brutally beaten in broad daylight. The vicious encounter was caught on home surveillance camera.

"I got a cut above over my eyelid, and the side of my face is numb - I can't open my mouth that well and I had a lump the size of a baseball on the side of my head," says King.

The incident happened near the corner of Briggs Avenue and East 197th Street in Bedford Park - not in the wee hours of the morning, but at 2 in the afternoon on a beautiful, bright and busy day.

One man pounded the 67-year-old, while another acted as a lookout - both were left empty-handed.

"I believe it was a racial attack - they weren't trying to rob me, I had money on me and my wallet and all. They weren't trying to rob me," adds King....

Thugs do this shit to innocent people all the time. This is what you fuckers support!

White people don't do stuff like this?

NOTE: I did not actually look at the vid; no need - Matt is a well documented racist ... this thread HAS to be about how bad black people are, right, Matt?

William King has lived in his Bronx neighborhood for 40 years, and since 1974 he has felt safe

What kind of idiot feels safe in The Bronx?

William King has lived in his Bronx neighborhood for 40 years, and since 1974 he has felt safe

Oh, I've read posts from all sorts of idiots who claim they would walk right down the middle of Brooklyn and feel safe, mostly in some lame attempt to try to prove they are not racists.

I would not feel safe walking through Brooklyn at night, and I'm highly trained and armed.

http://7online.com/news/exclusive-man-beaten-in-broad-daylight-in-bedford-park/454892/

(VIDEO-AT-LINK)
BEDFORD PARK (WABC) -- William King has lived in his Bronx neighborhood for 40 years, and since 1974 he has felt safe - that is until Saturday afternoon when he was brutally beaten in broad daylight. The vicious encounter was caught on home surveillance camera.

"I got a cut above over my eyelid, and the side of my face is numb - I can't open my mouth that well and I had a lump the size of a baseball on the side of my head," says King.

The incident happened near the corner of Briggs Avenue and East 197th Street in Bedford Park - not in the wee hours of the morning, but at 2 in the afternoon on a beautiful, bright and busy day.

One man pounded the 67-year-old, while another acted as a lookout - both were left empty-handed.

"I believe it was a racial attack - they weren't trying to rob me, I had money on me and my wallet and all. They weren't trying to rob me," adds King....

Thugs do this shit to innocent people all the time. This is what you fuckers support!
I wonder why you have to "make a point" by telling other people what they like or support. That's pretty much a straw man argument.....and not even a very good one.

I don't think people of ANY race agree to getting beaten up by thugs of ANY race.

Even if you forgive the fact this stuff happens every day, why not just agree to hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions.
Why does forgiveness of one person or another have anything to do with holding them accountable for crimes?

You can forgive people for crimes or abuses, and still carry out the law.
Forgiveness does not mean tolerating or excusing the wrongdoing.

Just as REFUSING to forgive is not required in order to hold people to the law.

I think people are mistaking both,
thinking it is necessary to hate and blame in order to enforce laws
and that forgiving means letting it happen again and again. That's not true forgiveness, but fear of confronting it that allows it to keep going. Forgiving still involves working with people to ensure the issues are resolved; it isn't a free pass to commit wrongs!

(VIDEO-AT-LINK)

I wonder why you have to "make a point" by telling other people what they like or support. That's pretty much a straw man argument.....and not even a very good one.

well, that's not a strawman

other than that, good point.

Blatant hate crime. They didn't rob him, just a beatdown of an old white man by a pair of brave thugs.

So unfortunate the guy didn't have a gun. Would have loved to see the footage of maybe a gun going off in the face of one of the thugs.

"RE: Thugs do this shit to innocent people all the time. This is what you fuckers support!"

well, that's not a strawman

other than that, good point.

It's a sweeping generalization, collectively blaming others by association and stereotype of "what they represent or support."

Oh, I've read posts from all sorts of idiots who claim they would walk right down the middle of Brooklyn and feel safe, mostly in some lame attempt to try to prove they are not racists.

I would not feel safe walking through Brooklyn at night, and I'm highly trained and armed.
I probably wouldn't want walk in the Bronx unless I was with one of my Black friends, to be fairly honest.

Though NYC isn't the kinda place I would like to live. The major things that put me off is their subway system, and the jogging snobs that congregate in central park.

Forum List

Back