Man Calls Cops, They Arrive And Kill His Dog...

Seems to be a risky proposition calling the police for assistance.

Militarized numbskulls. They're actually a danger to the Public now. They've moved a long long way from 'To Protect and Serve.'

Let's get the full story. Did the dog try to bite the officer?

I doubt it. Cop sees a barking dog, thinks OMG its going to attack me, and shoots it.

OK, you doubt it. Were you there? Did you see what happened? The video only starts after the dog was shot and doesn't show what - if anything - prompted the officer to shoot.

Maybe the cop WAS wrong. But before I'm going to leap to that conclusion - I want more facts.

Just have to reinforce what Katz just said. If you have dogs, and you have to call the police FOR WHATEVER put the dogs away !

Cops are trained to shoot dogs if the dog is in the area and even remotely acting out.

NEVER HAVE YOUR DOG PRESENT IF A COP IS AROUND !!!!!!

That's some pretty shitty training. It's also a ridiculous 'Blame the Victim' mentality. If they're that dumb & roided-up, the last thing we should do is give them a gun and allow them to roam our streets. That's just downright dangerous. A serious danger to the Public. But i will say, better training is the key. They need to be more than roided-up Militarized Cop-Bots. We have to begin training our Police differently. The People are beginning to fear and despise them. And that's a recipe for disaster.

That's what happens in war. The criminals became militarized so the police became militarized. The police know that whoever they encounter may be violent, strung out on drugs or just hate the police so they act accordingly. Did you really think the kind of societal decay wouldn't have some consequences you don't like?

Put the dogs away. If you want to save them. If you call the police. Put the dogs away.

A family called the police to calm down a violent mentally ill teen and the teen was shot and killed. If you call the police, make sure of what you want them to do and put the dogs away. Especially if you call the police. You are in control. You called. Put the dogs away.

Sure, blame the victim. Why not? :eusa_hand:

Calling the police does not absolve you from responsibility for your behavior. If you call the police for a dangerous situation, put your dog's away. If you call the police to get your dog off the fence or your cat out of a tree the police will show up and save your pet.

'the police will show up and save your pet.' Really? You so sure abut that? I'm not.

Just have to reinforce what Katz just said. If you have dogs, and you have to call the police FOR WHATEVER put the dogs away !

Cops are trained to shoot dogs if the dog is in the area and even remotely acting out.

NEVER HAVE YOUR DOG PRESENT IF A COP IS AROUND !!!!!!

That's some pretty shitty training. It's also a ridiculous 'Blame the Victim' mentality. If they're that dumb & roided-up, the last thing we should do is give them a gun and allow them to roam our streets. That's just downright dangerous. A serious danger to the Public. But i will say, better training is the key. They need to be more than roided-up Militarized Cop-Bots. We have to begin training our Police differently. The People are beginning to fear and despise them. And that's a recipe for disaster.

That's what happens in war. The criminals became militarized so the police became militarized. The police know that whoever they encounter may be violent, strung out on drugs or just hate the police so they act accordingly. Did you really think the kind of societal decay wouldn't have some consequences you don't like?

Put the dogs away. If you want to save them. If you call the police. Put the dogs away.

That's not good enough. That's a 'Blame the Victim' mentality. That mentality only leads to people like you defending them murdering innocent Citizens too. You'll probably say something like, 'Well then don't call the Police if you don't want to accept the risks. Put your family away. If you want to save them.' It's a very misguided and dangerous mentality.

A blue heeler? A freaking blue heeler? OMG you've got to be kidding me.

Freaking unreal.

The roided-up goon obviously mistook the dog for an evil Al Kader Terrorist. It's all about the training. Our Police need to be retrained properly.

YIPPEE! The Government's on the way! Now hurry, hide the pets...and the women & children.

That's not good enough. That's a 'Blame the Victim' mentality. That mentality only leads to people like you defending them murdering innocent Citizens too. You'll probably say something like, 'Well then don't call the Police if you don't want to accept the risks. Put your family away. If you want to save them.' It's a very misguided and dangerous mentality.

Good point. Do not call the police if you don't want to accept the risk. When the police show up, they have no idea what's going on other than the basis for the complaint. It could be shots fired, or man with a knife or domestic assault. They don't know. So make sure everyone is secured. It isn't blame the victim, it's blame the stupid. Until the police have made a determination, themselves, everyone they encounter on a call is presumed dangerous. When the police become mind readers, get back to us.

Police shoot innocent man.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9499452

Authorities responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call in the 900 block of Palm Avenue at 9:29 p.m. Monday. At the time, their information stated that the suspect was a white male wearing a black shirt.

When deputies arrived at the scene, they saw a man coming out of an apartment covered in blood, and then a second man ran out. That man, identified as 30-year-old John Winkler of West Hollywood, was wearing a black shirt and appeared to be lunging at the victim, investigators said.

"Believing Winkler was the assailant and the assault was ongoing ... three deputies fired their duty weapons at him," the sheriff's department said in a statement.

The police did nothing wrong. Why do you think that is?

Good point. Do not call the police if you don't want to accept the risk. When the police show up, they have no idea what's going on other than the basis for the complaint. It could be shots fired, or man with a knife or domestic assault. They don't know. So make sure everyone is secured. It isn't blame the victim, it's blame the stupid. Until the police have made a determination, themselves, everyone they encounter on a call is presumed dangerous. When the police become mind readers, get back to us.

LA deputies mistakenly killed innocent man in West Hollywood | abc7.com

Authorities responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call in the 900 block of Palm Avenue at 9:29 p.m. Monday. At the time, their information stated that the suspect was a white male wearing a black shirt.

When deputies arrived at the scene, they saw a man coming out of an apartment covered in blood, and then a second man ran out. That man, identified as 30-year-old John Winkler of West Hollywood, was wearing a black shirt and appeared to be lunging at the victim, investigators said.

"Believing Winkler was the assailant and the assault was ongoing ... three deputies fired their duty weapons at him," the sheriff's department said in a statement.

It was THREE HOURS AFTER HE CALLED THEM. They show up 3hrs later and kill his cow dog out in the middle of his ranch when the cow dog barked at him, this after the effin house was robbed. The guy couldn't be bothered to wait in his car till the rancher gets there instead he friggin shoots the dog for barking.

LA deputies mistakenly killed innocent man in West Hollywood | abc7.com

It was THREE HOURS AFTER HE CALLED THEM. They show up 3hrs later and kill his cow dog out in the middle of his ranch when the cow dog barked at him, this after the effin house was robbed. The guy couldn't be bothered to wait in his car till the rancher gets there instead he friggin shoots the dog for barking.

What a freaking coward that cop is,pathetic and anyone defending that kind of actions is a retard beyond compare.

That cop need a good old fashion country ass kicking.

Put your dogs away. Just put them in the house, in a back room, with your kids. This isn't Mayberry.

Put your dogs away. Just put them in the house, in a back room, with your kids. This isn't Mayberry.

Your right this isn't some TV show,its real life,and if we need to look over our property before we call the cops,then there is something very wrong,and its not the dog.Think !!!!

With the present mentality we are seeing from the law,it does make sense,to not call them ever.

We have SIX grown adult children. Right now, ONE of them is actually speaking to us.

We have FOUR pets..........3 dogs and 1 cat. Our three dogs are a german shepherd, and 2 other dogs that weigh 8 lbs. and 12 lbs. Our cat is a sweetheart.

Our dogs and cat are our CHILDREN. They mean the WORLD to us. They are our friends and our companions. They give us unconditional love. They make us laugh. They make us pause in wonderment at their intelligence and problem-solving abilities.

If I had to do it all over again, I would NEVER have had HUMAN children, and would have spent my life filled with the love and companionship of dogs and cats.

If I ever called law enforcement for assistance (which I basically NEVER do), and some Barney Fife showed up on my property and MURDERED one of my dogs because she was barking, in VERY short order Barney would be pushing up daisies.

You murder one of my furry children, you pay. Period.

You will see the present mentality from the police get worse, MUCH worse. The criminal element is getting better trained themselves, and getting better weapons. There are more of them, and those that are have more sympathy within their communities. In response, the police are becoming more militarized, they are getting better weapons, tanks, armored cars.

This is what happens in war.

I never call the police. I've been in the middle of street gunfights, hunkered down in the back room and never called the police. I've watched women getting the absolute shit kicked out of them and never called the police. When the police show up, they have no idea who is who. They assume everyone is out to kill them.

We have SIX grown adult children. Right now, ONE of them is actually speaking to us.

We have FOUR pets..........3 dogs and 1 cat. Our three dogs are a german shepherd, and 2 other dogs that weigh 8 lbs. and 12 lbs. Our cat is a sweetheart.

Our dogs and cat are our CHILDREN. They mean the WORLD to us. They are our friends and our companions. They give us unconditional love. They make us laugh. They make us pause in wonderment at their intelligence and problem-solving abilities.

If I had to do it all over again, I would NEVER have had HUMAN children, and would have spent my life filled with the love and companionship of dogs and cats.

If I ever called law enforcement for assistance (which I basically NEVER do), and some Barney Fife showed up on my property and MURDERED one of my dogs because she was barking, in VERY short order Barney would be pushing up daisies.

Yeah then the man comes and puts you away & the libs use you as the poster bot for gun control.

So no one is interested in getting the full story?
Just jumping to conclusions?

Can anyone link me to anything that provides something other than a one-sided account?

I have my precious dog. If someone harmed her, they'd have to shoot me before I skinned them alive. When the police are called, which they are for various reasons since I live in the city. As soon as that car rolls up, my dog is in my arms. The cops aren't even coming here, not knocking at my door, but that dog is in my arms. If she goes, so do I. There is absolutely no way in the world I would put my doghter at risk of harm. I'd lock her in the closet first.

I have my precious dog. If someone harmed her, they'd have to shoot me before I skinned them alive. When the police are called, which they are for various reasons since I live in the city. As soon as that car rolls up, my dog is in my arms. The cops aren't even coming here, not knocking at my door, but that dog is in my arms. If she goes, so do I. There is absolutely no way in the world I would put my doghter at risk of harm. I'd lock her in the closet first.

I've got 4 dogs. It's so much fun to watch em harass the fedex guy.

Forum List

Back