Man cited for "driving while eating". Good. Let's stop coddling these killers.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
People are crazy. They think they have a "right" to drive a 2 ton vehicle at 60 mph on a public highway while eating or playing with a cell phone or whatever. This psychopath has no concern for the safety of others and should have his license suspended but he'll prolly just pay a $25 fine.

Man cited for eating while driving in Cobb County www.wsbtv.com

jan 18 2015
An Alabama man says he was cited by Cobb County police for “eating while driving” under the distracted driving law under the distracted driving law.

Madison Turner said he ordered a double quarter pounder with cheese from McDonald’s last week, and a police officer pulled him over, along Canton Road in Marietta.

“The officer explained to me that he observed me eating a burger for 2 miles,” Madison said. “He said specifically three times, you can’t just go down the road eating a hamburger.”

According to the ticket, the officer wrote him up under Georgia’s distracted driving law, and under the comments sections wrote “eating while driving.”

That law reads, in part: “A driver shall exercise due care in operating a motor vehicle on the highways of this state and shall not engage in any actions which shall distract such driver from the safe operation of such vehicle.”

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
The libertarian mantra - I have the right to do anything i want until i actually injure or kill someone.

100 americans killed on the highways every day and the media won't talk about it. Suppose a jetliner crashed every day. Would the press mention that.?

You are allowed to eat while driving, but if your attention is more on your food than the road, then there is a case for a fine, as in this case.

Don't be a fuckwit, Speedos. People are capable of eating and drinking behind the wheel so long as they do it safely.

Here's a fun game to play:

Drive while wearing a blindfold, and have the person in the passenger seat steer and tell you when to brake, slow down, and accelerate :thup:

Don't be a fuckwit, Speedos. People are capable of eating and drinking behind the wheel so long as they do it safely.

Safely? Nobody drives safely, you nitwit. We have 35,000 americans killed every year on the highways.!!!

Safely? Nobody drives safely, you nitwit. We have 35,000 americans killed every year on the highways.!!!

Then obviously every other American with a license does drive safely, otherwise wouldn't they be dead?

People are crazy. They think they have a "right" to drive a 2 ton vehicle at 60 mph on a public highway while eating or playing with a cell phone or whatever. This psychopath has no concern for the safety of others and should have his license suspended but he'll prolly just pay a $25 fine.

jan 18 2015
An Alabama man says he was cited by Cobb County police for “eating while driving” under the distracted driving law under the distracted driving law.

Madison Turner said he ordered a double quarter pounder with cheese from McDonald’s last week, and a police officer pulled him over, along Canton Road in Marietta.

“The officer explained to me that he observed me eating a burger for 2 miles,” Madison said. “He said specifically three times, you can’t just go down the road eating a hamburger.”

According to the ticket, the officer wrote him up under Georgia’s distracted driving law, and under the comments sections wrote “eating while driving.”

That law reads, in part: “A driver shall exercise due care in operating a motor vehicle on the highways of this state and shall not engage in any actions which shall distract such driver from the safe operation of such vehicle.”

Vague and subjective.

jan 18 2015

And the ticket will be thrown out in court.
If the statute you posted is the entire text, it is at best vague. It is ripe for abusive police officers who have a bug up their ass to interrupt the free movement of any motorist they choose.
I can easily see the DA tossing this one....
Now, I think the intent of the law is if in the judgment of the officer the driver was operating in a erratic or potentially dangerous manner, the LEO could stop and cite the dirver UNDER the law. But not stop and cite simply because the driver was eating a hamburger.
And don;'t tell me Mr pure as the driven snow, you've never had anything to eat while driving....
I don;t know what kind of fucked up crusade you're on, but it's pissing me off.

Nobody drives safely? Dude, you are talking out of your anus.....Shut the fuck up....Better still, go chase cars on the interstate and get killed. You whiny little rabbit turd.
Of before you respond....Here's mine....

You are allowed to eat while driving, but if your attention is more on your food than the road, then there is a case for a fine, as in this case.

How the hell can I enjoy something if I am driving?

It is a distraction.

That is a matter of one's perception. Was he swerving down the road? Was he weaving in and out of his lane? The article doesn't say. If the answer is no then I don't see much of a case here. The law doesn't say anything about eating and the police office can't place himself in someone else's state of mind. Sounds like someone is trying to satisfy a ticket writing quota.

It is a distraction.

That is a matter of one's perception. Was he swerving down the road? Was he weaving in and out of his lane? The article doesn't say. If the answer is no then I don't see much of a case here. The law doesn't say anything about eating and the police office can't place himself in someone else's state of mind. Sounds like someone is trying to satisfy a ticket writing quota.

They need the money bad.

It is a distraction.

No. It's a fact that eating is a distraction. Anything not relate to driving is also a distraction from driving.

Listening to radio, talking on the phone, taking a fart, scratching your balls, chewing gum, pissing in a bottle, etc.

Listening to radio, talking on the phone, taking a fart, scratching your balls, chewing gum, pissing in a bottle, etc.

I have always believed talking to someone in the passenger's seat is a lot worse than people think it is.

I have always believed talking to someone in the passenger's seat is a lot worse than people think it is.

Yea, it's a lot of distraction. They should learn to STFU.

And never drive while arguing with your SO. That's on another level of stupid.

Forum List

Back