Man made Global Warming Is Our Greatest Threat

www.ipcc.ch. Look up WG-I, The Physical Science Basis. If you think you can refute A N Y T H I N G - T H E Y - S A Y , I'll listen to what you got.
Dude, I already did this with you, you agreed with the 15 year pause, and that fact alone takes CO2 out of the equation, so what is it exactly that you feel needs further discussion out of the IPCC report?

A few things from WG-I that we might still discuss.

http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/wg1/WG1AR5_Chapter02_FINAL.pdf

2.2.1 Well-Mixed Greenhouse Gases AR4 (Forster et al., 2007; IPCC, 2007) concluded that increasing atmospheric burdens of well-mixed GHGs resulted in a 9% increase in their RF from 1998 to 2005. Since 2005, the atmospheric abundances of many well-mixed GHG increased further, but the burdens of some ozone-depleting substances (ODS) whose production and use were controlled by the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer (1987; hereinafter, ‘Montreal Protocol’) decreased. Based on updated in situ observations, this assessment concludes that these trends resulted in a 7.5% increase in RF from GHGs from 2005 to 2011, with carbon dioxide (CO2) contributing 80%. Of note is an increase in the average growth rate of atmospheric methane (CH4) from ~0.5 ppb yr–1 during 1999–2006 to ~6 ppb yr–1 from 2007 through 2011. Current observation networks are sufficient to quantify global annual mean burdens used to calculate RF and to constrain global emission rates (with knowledge of loss rates), but they are not sufficient for accurately estimating regional scale emissions and how they are changing with time
************************************************************************************
Fig2-11.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fig2-12.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is pre-Karl et al 2015
Fig2-14.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fig2-16.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fig2-19.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.4.4 Upper Air Temperature AR4 summarized that globally the troposphere had warmed at a rate greater than the GMST over the radiosonde record, while over the shorter satellite era the GMST and tropospheric warming rates were indistinguishable. Trends in the tropics were more uncertain than global trends although even this region was concluded to be warming. Globally, the stratosphere was reported to be cooling over the satellite era starting in 1979. New advances since AR4 have highlighted the substantial degree of uncertainty in both satellite and balloon-borne radiosonde records and led to some revisions and improvements in existing products and the creation of a number of new data products.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fig2-24.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fig2-28.jpg

Figure 2 | Multiple independent indicators of a changing global climate. Each line represents an independently derived estimate of change in the climate element. In each panel all data sets have been normalized to a common period of record. A full detailing of which source data sets go into which panel is given in the Supplementary Material 2.SM.5.

And I think that's enough for now. That's taken us from the beginning of WG-I at about page 165 to page 200.

Forum List

Back