Man who ran over BLM rioters will NOT face charges

Here you go parading that coward out again, if you are grown man and you can't handle a teenager that is 50+ lbs lighter than you are don't go stalking him.
God created men, and Samuel Colt made them equal.

If it weren't for that, Zimmerman would likely be dead. Are you really suggesting that fisticuffs should be the only resolution to crime in the US? So when a skinny man rapes a fat woman, she either fights him off with her fists or surrenders to the rape? If a man is not man enough, by your standards, then he just takes the ass-whipping?

If you don't want to get shot, don't lay in wait in an alley for someone you don't know.

Probably a grand jury that refused to return an indictment. That’s what grand juries are for, sorting the wheat from the chaff in the judicial system.
Yeah, because juries can't drop charges.

It should have been dropped for an abuse of prosecution powers.....the man had the right to defend himself period. The jury obviously realized this---and dropped the case using whatever they could to do so. What did you expect them to do? Stand up and tell the prosecutor and judge to go to hell for trying to railroad this man?
Given the fact that the prosecutor controls all the evidence and testimony a grand jury sees, the case against the driver must have been really weak. I served on a grand jury once, the prosecutor controlled everything. We even had to submit our questions to witnesses to him on paper and if he didn’t like them, they didn’t get asked. I was the foreperson, and there were a couple of times I had quiet discussions with him about loosening his restrictions. I made the point that he had better start asking the questions we gave him if he wanted our cooperation. Our prosecutor was pretty fair, but it was easy to see how an aggressive or politically inclined one could manipulate a jury into charging an innocent person.

I hate when the police make mistakes and shoot unarmed people. I hate even more when the police shoot unarmed people intentionally, just because they think they can get away with it. But, in both of those cases, when a cop shoots an unarmed black person, the net gain for the black communities is black lives saved. Yes, sometimes the cops shoot an unarmed black man that was never going to kill anyone else but, in most cases, the future of those that the cops killed would certainly led to more than one black death so, if you just count the net effect of those shootings that have happened, shooting those particular unarmed black men yields a net gain in black lives. So if BLM was really about saving black lives, they'd be praising the cops who shoot unarmed black men.

There is no law in any state I'm aware of where a perpetrator has to be armed in order to use deadly force against them. Deadly force is warranted if a person believes they are subject to serious harm by an attacker, or in the case of police, a suspect. That's why it's legal.

As a CCW holder in my state, if I got into any altercation I was not looking for, I have to consider that yes, I am armed, and if attacked and subdued, that attacker can take my firearm away and use it against me. Police have to have the same consideration.

You are correct with BLM. They could care less about black lives. That's why you see no protests in places like Chicago where dozens of blacks get shot, and some killed every weekend. If they really cared about black lives, they would work on promoting the message for blacks to obey all orders by the police to a tee. After all, these blacks (unarmed and armed) who do get killed by police all have one thing in common, and that is they didn't obey the orders of police. The solution to the problem is simple: obey all their orders and no black lives are lost.

There is no law in any state I'm aware of where a perpetrator has to be armed in order to use deadly force against them. Deadly force is warranted if a person believes they are subject to serious harm by an attacker, or in the case of police, a suspect. That's why it's legal.

As a CCW holder in my state, if I got into any altercation I was not looking for, I have to consider that yes, I am armed, and if attacked and subdued, that attacker can take my firearm away and use it against me. Police have to have the same consideration.
I agree fully about the risk of having your gun taken from you. I've said it many times here and elsewhere that any physical attack on a cop is justification, even expectation, that the cop takes every possible step, including shooting to kill, to stop the attacker immediately. The assumption must be made that the attacker intends to take the gun and shoot the cop or others.

But surely there are cases where cops have shot unarmed people when there was no threat to the cop or others, right? Surely you can think of at least one such case. So it happens.

I agree fully about the risk of having your gun taken from you. I've said it many times here and elsewhere that any physical attack on a cop is justification, even expectation, that the cop takes every possible step, including shooting to kill, to stop the attacker immediately. The assumption must be made that the attacker intends to take the gun and shoot the cop or others.

But surely there are cases where cops have shot unarmed people when there was no threat to the cop or others, right? Surely you can think of at least one such case. So it happens.

I really can't think of one situation off hand. Police don't like to shoot people in spite of what the left and BLM followers think. In fact it messes with their heads which is why they give them time off the job for a while. When I strap my gun on, the only thing that enters my mind is I hope I don't have to use this damn thing tonight.

My father spent a year in Korea. He talks about his time in the military, but never about battle. The only time he mentioned anything to me about it is when he said when you kill a person, it's a feeling you never forget; a feeling you wish you never knew. It changes you for the rest of your life.

So where are you on the Ashli Babbitt killing? I think it was justified but many count it as a cop unnecessarily killing an unarmed woman.

That was a more difficult case because it was never investigated and we really don't know the justification behind using deadly force. If it was her alone, that may raise some questions. But she was the first in a mob of people trying to get into the Capital. I'm on the fence about that one.

Drugs are not negatively effecting the black communities in this country? What are all those shootings in Chicago and other places around the country all about, what gang gets to use what barber shop?
When did the gang really escalate in this country?
Maybe the solution is to pull all law enforcement out of black areas and let blacks kill each other off. It seems blacks like you would prefer it that way.
What would change, hell they don't stop or prevent any crime and they are in the areas. See the police show up after crimes are committed, duh.

What difference does that make? They loved “racist” America so much they choose to stay. They knew Africa was horrible.
They were born in THIS country, they didn't know a damn thing about Africa. What does the Constitution state about someone who is BORN on US soil? They helped build this country, so why did they need to go anywhere? They wanted the racism and discrimination eradicated, was that wrong?

It wasn't created because of any belief that the lives of black people matter. Black lives have nothing at all to do with Black Lives Matter.
So tell us why it was created.
I hate when the police make mistakes and shoot unarmed people. I hate even more when the police shoot unarmed people intentionally, just because they think they can get away with it. But, in both of those cases, when a cop shoots an unarmed black person, the net gain for the black communities is black lives saved. Yes, sometimes the cops shoot an unarmed black man that was never going to kill anyone else but, in most cases, the future of those that the cops killed would certainly led to more than one black death so, if you just count the net effect of those shootings that have happened, shooting those particular unarmed black men yields a net gain in black lives. So if BLM was really about saving black lives, they'd be praising the cops who shoot unarmed black men.
Just for the record tell us what any of that is based on, since you can see into the future and tell us who was going to kill who and what not.

God created men, and Samuel Colt made them equal.

If it weren't for that, Zimmerman would likely be dead.
What % of people die in a fist fight?
Are you really suggesting that fisticuffs should be the only resolution to crime in the US?
So are you telling me that if 2 kids get in a fist fight in school, then one is justified in pulling out a gun and killing the other one.
So when a skinny man rapes a fat woman, she either fights him off with her fists or surrenders to the rape? If a man is not man enough, by your standards, then he just takes the ass-whipping?
Hmmm, are you suggesting that Zimmerman is a woman? Have you ever been in a fist fight and if so did you pull out a gun and shoot the other guy.
If you don't want to get shot, don't lay in wait in an alley for someone you don't know.
Not bad advice, but that is not what happened is it. The better twist is don't go stalking someone's kid in the middle of the night when they are doing nothing wrong but minding their own business. I know that gun gives you courage, doesn't it.

They were born in THIS country, they didn't know a damn thing about Africa. What does the Constitution state about someone who is BORN on US soil? They helped build this country, so why did they need to go anywhere? They wanted the racism and discrimination eradicated, was that wrong?

Some. And they could have gone home. And taken their adult children and their children. THey could have told their fellow former slaves, about this nice tribe they were going home to, and they should come, that they would have a better life there, away from the whites.

I've never heard of that happening. Why is that?

Some. And they could have gone home.
What % of slaves would you say in 1865 were actually born in Africa? Btw some did go back.
And taken their adult children and their children. THey could have told their fellow former slaves, about this nice tribe they were going home to, and they should come, that they would have a better life there, away from the whites.

I've never heard of that happening. Why is that?
Why did they need to? Most were born in this country and were according to the US Constitution American citizens even though they were still denied the same rights as white folks.

Why did they need to? Most were born in this country and were according to the US Constitution American citizens even though they were still denied the same rights as white folks.

Not really because blacks were not considered fully human back then therefore not citizens. The 14th Amendment which did make everybody born here a citizen didn't pass until 1866.

Forum List

Back