Manafort judge issues mea culpa, but is the damage done?

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
Judge Ellis has been receiving negative coverage in the past few days for being too harsh on the prosecution and being out of place in ways that might influence the jury. Yesterday he lashed out at the prosecution because a witness who was called had been observing the whole trial from the courtroom, despite the fact that he had previously approved the witness being allowed to remain in the court room.

That prompted the Special Counsel's office to file a motion with the court asking for the error to be recognized and the jury instructed to disregard the judge's behavior, arguing 'Even if the Court did not intend to suggest that the government had been insubordinate, actions that project a “negative impression” of one side, United States v. Lefsih, 867 F.3d 459, 467 Case 1:18-cr-00083-TSE Document 216 Filed 08/09/18 Page 2 of 5 PageID# 4172 3 (4th Cir. 2017) (internal quotation marks omitted), or that reveal “continual agitation and hostility toward counsel,” United States v. Cassiagnol, 420 F.2d 868, 879 (4th Cir. 1970), can lead the jury to decide the case on improper grounds.' The judge granted the motion, providing the instruction with an apology before the jury.

Manafort trial Day 8: Judge concedes fault after Mueller team protests treatment

Ellis will issue a directed "Not Guilty" Verdict and have Muller's team hauled away in handcuffs

Most judges I know, and I know a lot of them, never regret what they do in their court rooms.

He had good reason to bitch.

Nightmare...
You are completely insane in America.
----------------------
My name is Andrew.
I am 50 years old
A healthy Russian peasant.
Marry me and move to Russia

Nightmare...
You are completely insane in America.
----------------------
My name is Andrew.
I am 50 years old
A healthy Russian peasant.
Marry me and move to Russia
Well, there is one person here who wants to leave the states ASAP!

Let them do it as quickly as possible ...
After 2 days, I'm leaving for Taiga, Russia.
It is impossible to marry.
-------------------------
Unfortunately, the American Ladies are absolutely not ready for Life.
But it's not a problem...
I'll teach you.

Judge Ellis has been receiving negative coverage in the past few days for being too harsh on the prosecution and being out of place in ways that might influence the jury. Yesterday he lashed out at the prosecution because a witness who was called had been observing the whole trial from the courtroom, despite the fact that he had previously approved the witness being allowed to remain in the court room.

That prompted the Special Counsel's office to file a motion with the court asking for the error to be recognized and the jury instructed to disregard the judge's behavior, arguing 'Even if the Court did not intend to suggest that the government had been insubordinate, actions that project a “negative impression” of one side, United States v. Lefsih, 867 F.3d 459, 467 Case 1:18-cr-00083-TSE Document 216 Filed 08/09/18 Page 2 of 5 PageID# 4172 3 (4th Cir. 2017) (internal quotation marks omitted), or that reveal “continual agitation and hostility toward counsel,” United States v. Cassiagnol, 420 F.2d 868, 879 (4th Cir. 1970), can lead the jury to decide the case on improper grounds.' The judge granted the motion, providing the instruction with an apology before the jury.

Manafort trial Day 8: Judge concedes fault after Mueller team protests treatment
Mueller's trying to get a mistrial.

Mueller's trying to get a mistrial.

As well he should since his crap didn't work.

Donnie and Rudie stall Mueller then bitch about Mueller taking too much time - Fox News ramps it up - Trumpdrones carry the mail and hump each others leg.

END OF STORY

Since the allegations against Manafort had nothing to do with the 2016 and as I understand it had been looked at in the past and no charges were ever filed it makes one wonder why now.

Ellis will issue a directed "Not Guilty" Verdict and have Muller's team hauled away in handcuffs
Let the guilty go and arrest the innocent.

The way the GOP does things.

No wonder they see children as target practice and their healthcare plan is let them die.

Forum List

Back