Manchin on gun talks: “I’ve never been in this frame of mind, I can't get my grandchildren out of my mind”, says talks this time feel very different

Change his mind on what? I'm sure he was already disgusted with the other tragedies we have had since we refuse to protect the kids in a serious manner.
Going all emotional never solves the problem.
There are simple solutions that could stop this shit cold but they won't do it

Change his mind on what? I'm sure he was already disgusted with the other tragedies we have had since we refuse to protect the kids in a serious manner.
Going all emotional never solves the problem.
There are simple solutions that could stop this shit cold but they won't do it
Enlighten us, what's your simple solutions?

My solution is not complicated. It goes like this.
1. No one can buy a gun without a valid gun permit issued by the local police department, who will do a thorough background check including (3) references.
2. Anyone who uses a gun in the commission of a crime gets increased jail time.

Enlighten us, what's your simple solutions?

My solution is not complicated. It goes like this.
1. No one can buy a gun without a valid gun permit issued by the local police department, who will do a thorough background check including (3) references.
2. Anyone who uses a gun in the commission of a crime gets increased jail time.
So govt permits for a Constitutional right... what other rights do we need a permit for? That'll never happen
They already have enhanced sentences for gun crimes.
Treat the schools like bank vaults.
Fortify & secure the doors so no one gets in without permission. A few well armed guards can take it from there.
Make our gun free soft target schools into hardened targets the psychos will pass by on the way to something easier

So govt permits for a Constitutional right... what other rights do we need a permit for? That'll never happen
They already have enhanced sentences for gun crimes.
Treat the schools like bank vaults.
Fortify & secure the doors so no one gets in without permission. A few well armed guards can take it from there.
Make our gun free soft target schools into hardened targets the psychos will pass by on the way to something easier
I have a carry permit. I have a spotless criminal record.
Does owning a gun without a carry permit make sense? Not to me.
I hear you for those in blue cities where they don't give out carry permits, that's why we'd need more of an enhanced FBI background check. Instead of the simple phone call we have now.
The law abiding should always be allowed to buy and carry guns, but there needs to be a more in-depth evaluation, such as any PFAs, or like the subway shooter, a mile long rap sheet.
I also like bringing back stop and frisk.

You're preaching to the choir about schools. See my recent poll thread...

I live on a ranch. I need a permit to own a gun even though I've been hunting & handling guns for over 4 decades without incident?
I agree with most of what you say but saying this Constitutional right all the sudden requires a govt permit is a slippery slope that I've seen us crash on numerous times before. I could never agree to that.
Do you think they would stop with that? Of course not, that would just be the jumping off point.
It would also involve a legal framework for a national gun registry & future confiscation once they tighten the permit rules.
I doubt that subway shooter had a legal gun at all but he did have a gun free soft target in NYC.
Rudy Guiliani had NYC under control with stop & frisk
I have a carry permit. I have a spotless criminal record.
Does owning a gun without a carry permit make sense? Not to me.
I hear you for those in blue cities where they don't give out carry permits, that's why we'd need more of an enhanced FBI background check. Instead of the simple phone call we have now.
The law abiding should always be allowed to buy and carry guns, but there needs to be a more in-depth evaluation, such as any PFAs, or like the subway shooter, a mile long rap sheet.
I also like bringing back stop and frisk.

You're preaching to the choir about schools. See my recent poll thread...

I live on a ranch. I need a permit to own a gun even though I've been hunting & handling guns for over 4 decades without incident?
I agree with most of what you say but saying this Constitutional right all the sudden requires a govt permit is a slippery slope that I've seen us crash on numerous times before. I could never agree to that.
Do you think they would stop with that? Of course not, that would just be the jumping off point.
It would also involve a legal framework for a national gun registry & future confiscation once they tighten the permit rules.
I doubt that subway shooter had a legal gun at all but he did have a gun free soft target in NYC.
Rudy Guiliani had NYC under control with stop & frisk
Do you have a carry permit?
How tough was it to get?

The problem is stopping crazy 18=years olds with "roid rage" from mass shootings.

Do you have a carry permit?
How tough was it to get?

The problem is stopping crazy 18=years olds with "roid rage" from mass shootings.
I had one but don't need one anymore in my state.
I agree we need to do something to stop these things from happening but our society is messed up & produces these psychos.
We have a mental illness problem, not a gun problem.
Get rid of guns & this guy might have just bought chains & locked the school doors, tossed in fire bombs & watched the school burn down.
The doors were open & he went right in. Even though he was firing guns, the door to the classroom wasn't secured, so he walked right in there as well.
Secure the schools first & then we talk about other solutions

Forum List

Back