Many Texas Schools Teach Creationism

rdean, you don't get "just once more."

Atheists like you are as dangerous, I think, as are religionist extremists.

That is why, when I was a school board president, I informed the superintendent I wanted them to vet our science teachers very, very carefully.

You can't prove one invalidates the other is the point: the value systems are different, distraff.

Evolution has mountains of evidence, which means that creationism can't be true. So evolution has invalidated creationism. For example we have thousands of fossils supporting human evolution.

Let me help everyone out.

Page 1 of the OP's link:
With the passage of House Bill 1287 in 2007, the Texas Legislature required
school districts to include somewhere in their curriculum the study of the
influence of the Bible on history and literature.The new law did not require
school districts to offer a specific course on the Bible, but it provided guidelines
for districts choosing to do so.

The OP obviously need a remedial course in reading for comprehension.

Or perhaps some ritalin to allow him to concentrate long enough to read the first paragraph of his own link.

Lucky for him, I read links so the rest of you don't have to.

/thread

Page 1 of the OP's link:
school districts to offer a specific course on the Bible, but it provided guidelines

Or perhaps some ritalin to allow him to concentrate long enough to read the first paragraph of his own link.

/thread

^^^^^ that

^^^^ distraff, you need to read that. "Evolution has mountains of evidence, which means that creationism can't be true. So evolution has invalidated creationism. For example we have thousands of fossils supporting human evolution." You have a right to your opinion.

First of all, you don't know that they are calling it science, second, it doesn't hurt real science, and third you didn't say how it hurts you exactly.

When one teaches creationism anywhere in school, they are damaging science education by confusing children on what is or is not true about our origins.

Your unfounded opinion.

6% of scientists are Republican. I bet it was those 6% who were taught magical creation. Funny, I can't think of a single Republican or Conservative scientist of any notoriety besides Behe. And he was torn apart by reason in front of a Bush appointed conservative judge.

Kitzmiller v. Dover: Day 10, AM: Michael Behe

Tough, rdean. Believe in atheism all you want, but you don't get to teach it in the science classroom.

The fact that you said we really don't know what is factual means that there is a chance that you were misinformed by your education. The theory of evolution is supported by mountains of evidence while creationism relies on arguments that have bee refuted decades ago. We don't want the same misinformation to happen to our children.

Actually you seem to have been misinformed by your education, those mountains of evidence you say support evolution have some pretty major valleys between them, aka gaps. Even Darwin had doubts about his theory by the time he died.

The gaps in the fossil record are there not because of any weaknesses in the theory but because fossilization is rare. This is yet another myth that has already been refuted decades ago.

Another myth is the story about Darwin having doubts about his deathbed. However, even Answers in Genesis, and the Institute of Creationist Research and many other Christian organizations have denouced the story as a myth. Just do a google search on the story and you will find the truth everywhere.

Your point of view tells me you have been thoroughly indoctrinated by the left and are beyond any reason. I'm out of this one.

OKTexas does not get to teach the 6000 year myth in the science classroom, either.

rdean, you don't get "just once more."

Atheists like you are as dangerous, I think, as are religionist extremists.

That is why, when I was a school board president, I informed the superintendent I wanted them to vet our science teachers very, very carefully.

How is he dangerous? All he is saying is that if we are going to teach the Hebrew creation myth, to be fair we should probably teach several others along with it. It is a perfectly valid point.

Page 1 of the OP's link:

/thread

You have your facts wrong. I never posted a link. While officially Texas schools are not supposed to be teaching creationism, some of them are as found in the report I mentioned. For example some Texas schools are teaching that the earth is 6,000 years old.

^^^^ distraff, you need to read that. "Evolution has mountains of evidence, which means that creationism can't be true. So evolution has invalidated creationism. For example we have thousands of fossils supporting human evolution." You have a right to your opinion.

Look, we know of entire species that show that evolution is true. For example, homo erectus, homo neanderthal, homo habilis, and homo ergaster. These are transitional forms. Evolution isn't just my opinion, it is a fact based on 150 years of science and is believed by 98% of scientists. This fact is supported by thousands of scientific papers and research. So, no this isn't just my opinion.

distraff is now derailing his own OP.

If you really want to argue this, challenge folks who really care.

Actually you seem to have been misinformed by your education, those mountains of evidence you say support evolution have some pretty major valleys between them, aka gaps. Even Darwin had doubts about his theory by the time he died.

The gaps in the fossil record are there not because of any weaknesses in the theory but because fossilization is rare. This is yet another myth that has already been refuted decades ago.

Another myth is the story about Darwin having doubts about his deathbed. However, even Answers in Genesis, and the Institute of Creationist Research and many other Christian organizations have denouced the story as a myth. Just do a google search on the story and you will find the truth everywhere.

Your point of view tells me you have been thoroughly indoctrinated by the left and are beyond any reason. I'm out of this one.

Actually many conservatives believe in evolution....:uhoh3:

Page 1 of the OP's link:

/thread

You have your facts wrong. I never posted a link. While officially Texas schools are not supposed to be teaching creationism, some of them are as found in the report I mentioned. For example some Texas schools are teaching that the earth is 6,000 years old.

You have 15 posts...let's see it.

Page 1 of the OP's link:

/thread

You have 15 posts...let's see it.

Own up, distraff, or STFU.

distraff is now derailing his own OP.

If you really want to argue this, challenge folks who really care.

Whether evolution is a fact or not is very important to whether it should be taught as a fact rather than creationism. You are derailing this thread by asserting that I am breaking forum rules by supporting my arguments are directly addressing posts made in this thread.

Lets try to be civil here and just have a nice discussion for this weekend. Do you think some Texas schools are teaching creationism?

Forum List

Back