🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Marijane!

State Marijuana Laws in 2017 Map

Twenty-six states and the District of Columbia currently have laws broadly legalizing marijuana in some form. Three other states will soon join them after recently passing measures permitting use of medical marijuana.

Seven states and the District of Columbia have adopted the most expansive laws legalizing marijuana for recreational use. Most recently, California, Massachusetts, Maine and Nevada all passed measures in November legalizing recreational marijuana. California’s Prop. 64 measure allows adults 21 and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana and grow up to six plants in their homes. Other tax and licensing provisions of the law will not take effect until January 2018.

Several legislatures in states recently passing legalization measures are debating regulatory proposals around the use and sale of marijuana. Massachusetts lawmakers are weighing bills that would lower the amount residents can legally possess and place restrictions on retail stores. In Nevada, one proposal calls for businesses to obtain permits allowing for the public use of marijuana.

A number of states have also decriminalized the possession of small amounts of marijuana. Some medical marijuana laws are broader than others, with types of medical conditions that allow for treatment varying from state to state. Several states (not shown on the map below) have passed narrow laws allowing residents to possess cannabis only if they suffer from certain rare medical illnesses.

Our map shows current state laws and recently-approved ballot measures legalizing marijuana for medical or recreational purposes. Medical marijuana laws recently passing in Arkansas, Florida and North Dakota have yet to become effective.

Information is current as of March 23, 2017.
Not relevant.
Other state will follow it's just a matter of time.

When they legalize marijuana nation wide will you be a good role model for your children and share? Just asking.
I do not believe Arizona, Idaho, Utah or Wyoming will ever legalize that sh!t.

The rest of the Nation may very well go to pot, sure.

Although it would surprise me if Florida and Texas also legalize it.

In Utah you are lucky to get alcohol.
More tax dollars will sway alot of the states.
Nobody in the ultra "conservative" far Right states is going to want legalized sh!t in their states. There are already enough Mexicans and Colombians selling dope here illegally as it is.

And Colorado is currently the butt of a lot of dope jokes now.

So don't kid yourself -- the dope legalization idea is not popular everywhere.
If it's legal, why would there still be Columbians and evil Mexicans selling it illegally? Do you fear hillbillies with stills tucked back up in the woods selling alcohol illegally?

And you're right. The ultra Conservative far Right will do everything in their power to erode personal freedoms. They have demonstrated as much forever.

When they legalize marijuana nation wide will you be a good role model for your children and share? Just asking.

Nobody in the ultra "conservative" far Right states is going to want legalized sh!t in their states. There are already enough Mexicans and Colombians selling dope here illegally as it is.

If it's legal, why would there still be Columbians and evil Mexicans selling it illegally? Do you fear hillbillies with stills tucked back up in the woods selling alcohol illegally?

And you're right. The ultra Conservative far Right will do everything in their power to erode personal freedoms. They have demonstrated as much forever.
Control! That's the greatest thing all the government wants.

Harris County/Houston just decriminalised possession of four ounces or less.

Let's use gambling as a paradigm. Legalized gambling produces tax revenue that illegal gambling does not. Legalized gambling is something that many citizens want. It protects them from the influence of organized crime. Those who do not want to gamble don't.

Legalized marijuana produces tax revenue illegal marijuana doesn't. The quality and quantity produced legally can be regulated. Those who do not want to smoke don't.

Some government control can be a good thing. marijuana sales can be controlled under regulations. Like liquor, marijuana cannot be sold close to schools, unlike illegal marijuana. Like gambling, marijuana is something a lot of citizens want, and those who don't want it are not compelled to partake.

Are you willing to share a fifth of Jack Daniel's with your children?
What children?
The same children you asked of me.
That's what I ask what kinda role model would you be.
Just because something is legal, doesn't make it appropriate for children.

Contrarily, just because children should not partake, it should not restrict my rights to. A six month old cannot eat a steak. Does that mean I shouldn't enjoy a rib eye now and then?

Let's use gambling as a paradigm. Legalized gambling produces tax revenue that illegal gambling does not. Legalized gambling is something that many citizens want. It protects them from the influence of organized crime. Those who do not want to gamble don't.

Legalized marijuana produces tax revenue illegal marijuana doesn't. The quality and quantity produced legally can be regulated. Those who do not want to smoke don't.

Some government control can be a good thing. marijuana sales can be controlled under regulations. Like liquor, marijuana cannot be sold close to schools, unlike illegal marijuana. Like gambling, marijuana is something a lot of citizens want, and those who don't want it are not compelled to partake.
And unlike gambling, marijuana will not ruin their lives.

Harris County/Houston just decriminalised possession of four ounces or less.
Inch by inch each state will join in.

Yes, I will share with my kids. Hell, I have already smoked with one of them, and made drinks for all of them. No need to change now.

Umm...... why would that element continue to exist if it was legal?

See any Germans and Belgians hanging out on street corners furtively selling "beer"?

Forum List

Back