🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Marijuana and the definition of conservative

A conservative, at least when that word had a real definition, meant being inherently against expanding government power and authority. Conservatism embraces freedom and privacy, and only real threat to others would justify changing and supporting increasing government at the expense of freedom and privacy.

You work a full day. You come home

You have a beer

Or

You have a bong hit

Neither activity would in any way bother a conservative. But here we are with self proclaimed "conservatives" embracing increased government power and authority at the expense of freedom and privacy over ... A plant.

Nice.

The origin of marijuana prohibition is a case study of the truth of conservatism, that big government should not be trusted, and that those in government will lie and spread fear and panic to keep themselves in power. The head of prohibition knew prohibition was going to be repealed (because the church going sub human morons who pushed it had no clue what they were doing, and in the end the American people figured out that al Capone was worse than alcohol). So this guy created a new issue, a new cause, to keep his job and title and budget etc. marijuana was the target. Using American taxdollars, this uber greedy kleptocratic traitor funded the making of mass misinfo about marijuana, most famously the movie Reefer Madness, which many morons still believe. In reality, by pushing marijuana underground, we enriched and empowered criminal elements here and abroad, and packed our prisons with people who are not a threat to society.

The war on marijuana is the epitome of BIG GOVERNMENT using lies, falsehoods, propaganda, and the law to do unreal harm to America and abroad for the sole purpose of enriching and empowering liars in government.

Nobody who opposes total marijuana legalization is in any way a conservative.

The pot haters are classic morons with bird brains filled with falsehoods who want big government to rescue them from the bogeyman.....

Neat. It's funny how liberals have usually been more open to marijuana legalization.

What about the right to marry the one you love without the government telling you that it's icky? Traditionally where have conservatives stood on that?
What about the right to marry the one you love without the government telling you that it's icky?
that was voted down twice in California.....and yes lots of liberals voted it down......
Over a decade ago. Gay marriage is supported by most Californians.

Maybe try living in the here and now.
is it?.....how long have you lived there?.....
If you're referring to California I have a lot of friends and family there but anecdotal stories aren't going to get you anywhere.

It's long been known that gay marriage has approval in California, even way back in 2013.

View attachment 510880

Not exactly shocking when you consider most of the country is just fine with gay marriage.
yea lots of friends....how many?....so you are just going by some ones opinion that you know......we were told back during those propositions that the state democrats were for gay marriage back then,gee look what happened with those propositions.......you are just another who lives many miles away going by what someone tells you about California....there are lots of Mexicans in California,especially the men, who are not that comfortable with gays....S.Cal is very different than N.Cal....and please dont tell me that someone took a poll of the Hispanics in S.Cal....you get their true attitudes by actually knowing many....
I grew up there, idiot.

Why would someone just take a poll of Hispanics when looking for the totality of public opinion on gay marriage? No wonder you don't trust polls, you don't even understand them.

Gay marriage has popular support in California and across the country, deal with it.
who cares if you grew up there ....when did you leave and was it northern or southern cal.....and no i trust what i see and hear with those i live among over some dumbass poll...and after 50 years living in the middle of Hispanics.....the men dont care for "maricons"....and i voted for gay marriage twice....it aint my fault if your wonderful party did not do the same back then....so deal with that asswipe....
Those "you live among" is not really an accurate way to determine the views of an entire state, that's really flawed actually.

Anyway, sorry Democrats have always been more in favor of gay marriage than the wingnuts. Just look at this board as an example.
not for S.Cal it aint....its pretty accurate.....N.Cal is like a different state....

The two sides of the same state having their little bitch fest means nothing to me.

The Democratic Party endorsed prop. 64. Where was the California Republican party?

Fiscal conservatism is finanical restraint

Social conservatism refers to morality laws

You're confusing them. You can be both or one and not the other

"Social conservatism" is not conservative at all and should be called social non-conservatism because there is no conserving of the powers of big government. Social non-conservatism brought us prohibition and the drug war.
Tell that to Ronald Reagan and his drug war.

The war on drugs was only one of Reagan's mistakes. His middle east policy was another bust. We should have stayed out of Lebanon and if we were there the State department should not have had the power to make the military decisions they made that got all those soldiers killed. Reagan called the 3 for 1 deal with Tip ONeil the biggest mistake of his presidency. It was
Neat. Thanks for disagreeing with the EMH about Reagan's drug war.

Actually I agreed with EMH. He said he was against the war on drugs. So am I.

He's probably like me and not you in that he doesn't do them

Eh, occasionally, not really my thing not that it matters. But EMH's argument is that conservatives are the champions of legalization and that for the most part does not bear out.

You suck at reading. You went to government schools, huh?

Actually he said the war on drugs was not conservative. He opposes it.

You could try again to read it, but since you couldn't the first time I can say I believe it will help.

If you read the discussion and sound out the words, maybe you'll get there. Probably not

yea lots of friends....how many?....so you are just going by some ones opinion that you know......we were told back during those propositions that the state democrats were for gay marriage back then,gee look what happened with those propositions.......you are just another who lives many miles away going by what someone tells you about California....there are lots of Mexicans in California,especially the men, who are not that comfortable with gays....S.Cal is very different than N.Cal....and please dont tell me that someone took a poll of the Hispanics in S.Cal....you get their true attitudes by actually knowing many....
I grew up there, idiot.

Why would someone just take a poll of Hispanics when looking for the totality of public opinion on gay marriage? No wonder you don't trust polls, you don't even understand them.

Gay marriage has popular support in California and across the country, deal with it.
who cares if you grew up there ....when did you leave and was it northern or southern cal.....and no i trust what i see and hear with those i live among over some dumbass poll...and after 50 years living in the middle of Hispanics.....the men dont care for "maricons"....and i voted for gay marriage twice....it aint my fault if your wonderful party did not do the same back then....so deal with that asswipe....
Those "you live among" is not really an accurate way to determine the views of an entire state, that's really flawed actually.

Anyway, sorry Democrats have always been more in favor of gay marriage than the wingnuts. Just look at this board as an example.
not for S.Cal it aint....its pretty accurate.....N.Cal is like a different state....

The two sides of the same state having their little bitch fest means nothing to me.

The Democratic Party endorsed prop. 64. Where was the California Republican party?

You're asking where the Republican party is in California? Seriously? The State where the elections are between two Democrats because they finish first and second?

Have you ever been to California?

Fiscal conservatism is finanical restraint

Social conservatism refers to morality laws

You're confusing them. You can be both or one and not the other

"Social conservatism" is not conservative at all and should be called social non-conservatism because there is no conserving of the powers of big government. Social non-conservatism brought us prohibition and the drug war.
Tell that to Ronald Reagan and his drug war.

The war on drugs was only one of Reagan's mistakes. His middle east policy was another bust. We should have stayed out of Lebanon and if we were there the State department should not have had the power to make the military decisions they made that got all those soldiers killed. Reagan called the 3 for 1 deal with Tip ONeil the biggest mistake of his presidency. It was

Eh, occasionally, not really my thing not that it matters. But EMH's argument is that conservatives are the champions of legalization and that for the most part does not bear out.

You could try again to read it, but since you couldn't the first time I can say I believe it will help.

If you read the discussion and sound out the words, maybe you'll get there. Probably not
Yeah, I'm disagreeing with him, duh! The war on drugs hero is Ronald F'n Reagan.

Yeah, I'm disagreeing with him, duh! The war on drugs hero is Ronald F'n Reagan.

You're not going to let it go even though neither of us support the war on drugs like you don't, are you?

I grew up there, idiot.

You're asking where the Republican party is in California? Seriously? The State where the elections are between two Democrats because they finish first and second?

OMG, really?

There is a Republican party in California and they are especially bad at being competitive. They didn't endorse marijuana legalization in 2016, the California Democratic Party did. Which party is the conservative one?

You're not going to let it go even though neither of us support the war on drugs like you don't, are you?

I don't care what you guys personally support. Traditionally conservatives have been against marijuana legalization and behind liberals on this. It's why you'll find that most states that have outright legalized marijuana are blue. Look at the bastion of conservatism in the south east it's mostly fully illegal. Look at the west and northeast, it's toke time.

1625932501342.png

I grew up there, idiot.

OMG, really?

There is a Republican party in California and they are especially bad at being competitive. They didn't endorse marijuana legalization in 2016, the California Democratic Party did. Which party is the conservative one?

Yep, you're not going to let it go that we're both on your side on this. Democrats are really strange people. Sure, there's your overt stupidity, but it's more than that

I grew up there, idiot.

OMG, really?

Yep, you're not going to let it go that we're both on your side on this. Democrats are really strange people. Sure, there's your overt stupidity, but it's more than that
I'm not debating your views. I'm debating the notion that conservatives have been for legalization traditionally. Please stop sidetracking, idiot.

I don't care what you guys personally support. Traditionally conservatives have been against marijuana legalization and behind liberals on this. It's why you'll find that most states that have outright legalized marijuana are blue. Look at the bastion of conservatism in the south east it's mostly fully illegal. Look at the west and northeast, it's toke time.

View attachment 511062

Well, you would know what we both support if you could read and read the discussion. If that were the case than you'd know we are both against the drug war. But you're a fucking moron who can't read and is so determined to argue that you're melting down to two people who AGREE with you, stupid fuck

OMG, really?

I'm not debating your views. I'm debating the notion that conservatives have been for legalization traditionally. Please stop sidetracking, idiot.

Great. But neither of us argued that they were. Thanks for clarifying your shade of stupid though

The war on marijuana is the epitome of BIG GOVERNMENT using lies, falsehoods, propaganda, and the law to do unreal harm to America and abroad for the sole purpose of enriching and empowering liars in government.
Your drug-addled Communism is dependent on big, bigger, and biggest government. Take a hit off a bong and show up for work the next day in any decision making capacity.

View attachment 511062

Well, you would know what we both support if you could read and read the discussion. If that were the case than you'd know we are both against the drug war. But you're a fucking moron who can't read and is so determined to argue that you're melting down to two people who AGREE with you, stupid fuck
I've already explained this to you.

But EMH's argument is that conservatives are the champions of legalization and that for the most part does not bear out.
That conservatives are the ‘champions’ of legalization is a lie.
Notice how Kaz is trying to frame the debate to dodge around that little inconvenience?

I'm just laughing my ass off at you that you're going totally off the deep end when you haven't said a single thing that either of is disagreed with. Leftists are a sight to behold, you're funny as shit

View attachment 511062

I've already explained this to you.

Yes, you explained it and yet still haven't identified a single thing that you disagree with either of us about.

You just haven't read the discussion and you wrongly guessed our positions and you're determined to continue arguing against points neither of us disagree with

OMG, really?

Great. But neither of us argued that they were. Thanks for clarifying your shade of stupid though
Really? I'm actually not debating you, you're just being a pain in the ass.

EMH said:
There is no question that the post 1998 GOP, controlled by Zionist "RINOs" who pander to incredibly stupid pro Israel Christians, are overwhelmingly against marijuana in public. Prior to 1998, there were more pre 1998 republicans musing it over, discussing the math, trying to design policy to help America instead of harm...

So, Reagan was before 1998 where did he stand? How about George H.W. Bush?

There truly was never a real conservative movement to legalize marijuana even if William F. Buckley said something once.

OMG, really?

EMH said:
There is no question that the post 1998 GOP, controlled by Zionist "RINOs" who pander to incredibly stupid pro Israel Christians, are overwhelmingly against marijuana in public. Prior to 1998, there were more pre 1998 republicans musing it over, discussing the math, trying to design policy to help America instead of harm...

There truly was never a real conservative movement to legalize marijuana even if William F. Buckley said something once.

He was CRITICIZING conservatives for not being against the drug war, not saying they were against the drug war.

You're a special kind of stupid.

That your meltdown continued to grow and grow while you AGREED with both of us was one of the most hysterical things I've ever seen on the board

OMG, really?

EMH said:

He was CRITICIZING conservatives for not being against the drug war, not saying they were against the drug war.

You're a special kind of stupid.

That your meltdown continued to grow and grow while you AGREED with both of us was one of the most hysterical things I've ever seen on the board
Well, I'm bringing him back down to earth on the pre 1998 conservatives as well. OK? Last I checked Reagan couldn't remember his own name by 98.

EMH is also claiming that wanting to legalize pot is a conservative value. I guess all us liberals are conservatives after all since we were already here.

Forum List

Back