Marriage clerk targeted by gays revolts

Lets say I was a county clerk in charge of issuing gun permits or concealed weapons permits. Suppose it came into my head that giving out those permits could make me part of a chain of events that leads to murder....suppose I were then to refuse to issue any gun permits ....based on my personal feelings and beliefs about God.... I am sure all these wing nut slackers would be supporting me all the way........

Lets say I was a county clerk in charge of issuing gun permits or concealed weapons permits. Suppose it came into my head that giving out those permits could make me part of a chain of events that leads to murder....suppose I were then to refuse to issue any gun permits ....based on my personal feelings and beliefs about God.... I am sure all these wing nut slackers would be supporting me all the way........

County clerks don't issue gun permits. BUT they could expunge criminal records making it easier to get a gun. A county clerk working in cohoots with the right judge could do some damage allowing the gates to a path be opened up to legally purchase guns by felons.

County clerks don't issue gun permits. BUT they could expunge criminal records making it easier to get a gun. A county clerk working in cohoots with the right judge could do some damage allowing the gates to a path be opened up to legally purchase guns by felons.
Somebody issues them..........

A Poem dedicated by Gays to Kim Davis

“Evil” by Langston Hughes

Looks like what drives me crazy
Don’t have no effect on you—
But I’m gonna keep on at it
Till it drives you crazy, too.

I guess I'm looking at this going... If you're a Christian Doctor, you don't become an abortionist.

Retire if it's "against your religion" to do the job.
I don't agree with her.... But these folks can go to another county and get a license. She just feels she's going to hell if she gives them the right to do what she feels is a sin.
That is not acceptable.

If she truly has these religious convictions then she can resign and that is the ONLY recourse she should be allowed to ever take. The government cannot force her to marry people that she is religiously convicted not to HOWEVER if that conviction interferes with her official duties as a representative of the government then she can no longer hold that position.

At no time EVER is my government allowed to deny me basic access to my rights using governmental power because of religious convictions. The government is specifically barred from applying religions standards to me.
So she has to quit her job because these activists want to make a statement?

Oh, and the government denies people a lot of their benefits every day. They literally invented the wild-goose chase and giving someone the runaround.

No. She should resign because, according to her, she can no longer perform the requirements of her job. When you are a public servant, you don't get to tell the public to just "go somewhere else".
Yet Obama seems to do whatever the Hell he wants, when he wants, no matter what. He's a public servant too.

Yes, he's President of the United States of America...and if he was not performing the duties of his job or was actually refusing to perform the duties of his job and ordering his administration not to perform the duties of their jobs...you might have a point. Instead, You are simply whining about the black guy President you despise with the heat of a thousand white hot suns.

How's that John Boner lawsuit against the President going?

This is correct except Catholics were an instrumental part of the abolition movement too...and Quakers. All Christians.
Except for the majority of the Christian churches and Christians generally in the South.

Yes, Lincoln's plan was voluntary for moving blacks to Africa. No one can show differently.

I think you are confusing clerks of the court with County Clerk.

Clerks of the court are hired position. County Clerks are elected postions.

Clerks of the court maintain court records. County Clerks maintain things like marriage licenses, birth certificates, deeds, etc.

You can see the types of records this County Clerk deals with here -->> Rowan County Kentucky Clerk

>>>>

Clerks of the court maintain court records. County Clerks maintain things like marriage licenses, birth certificates, deeds, etc.

You can see the types of records this County Clerk deals with here -->> Rowan County Kentucky Clerk

>>>>

You could be right. I didn't know there was a difference. I don't believe the clerks that man the counter at my county are elected and they have the power to forward a felony record on to a judge to expunge a conviction. I wasn't aware the Moonbat clerk we are talking about was elected.

>>>>

You could be right. I didn't know there was a difference. I don't believe the clerks that man the counter at my county are elected and they have the power to forward a felony record on to a judge to expunge a conviction. I wasn't aware the Moonbat clerk we are talking about was elected.

Not only is she refusing to issue Civil Marriage licenses to same-sex couples, she has ordered her deputy clerks (who are hired, not elected) not to issue them either even though she testified that at least one of them was willing to do so.

>>>>

>>>>

Not only is she refusing to issue Civil Marriage licenses to same-sex couples, she has ordered her deputy clerks (who are hired, not elected) not to issue them either even though she testified that at least one of them was willing to do so.

>>>>

Ya...I saw her on the tube. That one is straight up crazy. For those of you that constantly claim religion is not intrusive and dangerous check out that action fellow Americans. She is a perfect example of how crazy religious people push their beliefs on others. When I see the vacant stare in her eyes I get a chill to my bones. If you want to see a human being that has been thoroughly brain washed... she is a perfect specimen.

Huggy's excellent description of far right Christians equally describe the militant anti-Godists. Emtpy headed, vacuous believers in their own truth.

I believe she is a true heroine. She is not allowing government to intimidate her and she is not being swayed by people's "FEELINGS." She feels strongly that if she doesn't do anything no one else will. And she does really seem to be lead of GOD ---- a David against a Goliath. She does seem to be making everyone revisit the entire definition of MARRIAGE:
Why marriage originally was given selected benefits?
Who set up the institution and why?
Who really has the right to redefine marriage?
Can two men claim marriage rights if they are not engaging in sexual relations? Perhaps they are only looking to save on taxes, buy a house, and reap healthcare benefits from an employer.

No, she is not, nipper. She is setting up a go-fund her for a huge retirement. Run and contribute.

No, she is not, nipper. She is setting up a go-fund her for a huge retirement. Run and contribute.
Maybe, maybe not. What government official has ever lost his government pension? Which Supreme Court Justice? Which President? Which Senator or Congressman?

Maybe, maybe not. What government official has ever lost his government pension? Which Supreme Court Justice? Which President? Which Senator or Congressman?
Those who went to jail and were stripped of it. I notice you use federal examples when we are talking about a county clerk. You think in progressive statist terms, because that is what you are, really.

I believe she is a true heroine. She is not allowing government to intimidate her and she is not being swayed by people's "FEELINGS." She feels strongly that if she doesn't do anything no one else will. And she does really seem to be lead of GOD ---- a David against a Goliath. She does seem to be making everyone revisit the entire definition of MARRIAGE:

She is the government in this situation. She's the Goliath using the power of the state to force gay and lesbian couples to follow her religion.

She is the government in this situation. She's the Goliath using the power of the state to force gay and lesbian couples to follow her religion.
They can be married by whomever will marry them. They just wouldn't have a piece of paper. But in GOD's eye's (if indeed GOD blesses such things though unbiblically supported) they would be married. They just wouldn't reap any tax benefits --- maybe. But what matter is that if they really are in love..................................?

Nipper, no. This is really over. Davis found that out. She has been processed, is not wearing an outfit and paper slippers for the weekend. How stupid.

Why marriage originally was given selected benefits?
Who set up the institution and why?
Who really has the right to redefine marriage?
Can two men claim marriage rights if they are not engaging in sexual relations? Perhaps they are only looking to save on taxes, buy a house, and reap healthcare benefits from an employer.
She is a George Wallace with long hair and a dress.........George Wallace defied the Govt too

Forum List

Back