Marriage Has Never Been Just Between A Man And A Woman

Yes!!! Mankind has been sinners from the first man to the last, take a good look at the results!!!

0mvEh76.jpg

Going all the way back, gay marriage was accepted by civilizations.

Evidence exists that same-sex marriages were tolerated in parts of Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt. Artifacts from Egypt, for example, show that same-sex relationships not only existed, but the discovery of a pharaonic tomb for such a couple shows their union was recognized by the kingdom. Meanwhile, accounts of the Israelites' departure for Canaan include their condemnation of Egyptian acceptance of same-sex practice. In actuality, same-sex marital practices and rituals are less known in Egypt compared to Mesopotamia, where documents exist for a variety of marital practices, including male lovers of kings and polyandry. None of the recorded laws of Mesopotamia, including the Code of Hammurabi, contain restrictions against same-sex unions despite the fact that marriages are otherwise well regulated (Eskridge).

Classical antiquity in the Western world is frequently cited for examples of same-sex love and relationships, though separate concepts of homosexuality and heterosexuality did not exist in the same way as today. Plato’s Symposium, for example, describes instances of homosexual attraction and same-sex relationships in ancient Greece without condemnation. Some point to examples of same-sex interaction in Greek artwork as further evidence of its equal status within the society. Individual, higher status, however, was of critical importance to free expression of love.

More...

As churches struggle with the issue of homosexuality, a long tradition of same sex marriage indicates that the Christian attitude toward same sex unions may not always have been as "straight" as is now suggested. A Kiev art museum contains a curious icon from St. Catherine's monastery on Mt. Sinai.

It shows two robed Christian saints. Between them is a traditional Roman pronubus (best man) overseeing what in a standard Roman icon would be the wedding of a husband and wife. In the icon, Christ is the pronubus. Only one thing is unusual. The husband and wife are in fact two men.

Long before that Jesus dude...

The first recorded homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an Egyptian male couple, who lived around the 2400 BC.

Homosexuality in China has been recorded since approximately 600 BCE.

In Ancient Rome the young male body remained a focus of male sexual attention. All the emperors with the exception of Claudius took male lovers.

The propaganda keeps piling up, do you accept a simple article as fact? One can put any headline on the internet and you believe?

Egypt did not accept same sex marriage, not at all, at best they tolerated homosexuality, and at that it was the kings, the Pharaohs, the upper class that ruled which practiced, yes, I am sure the peasants and slaves tolerated everything in the Ancient World. But, its more likely they kept their mouths shut, from what I understand there was no "free press" for the slaves. I am pretty sure they definitely tolerated what the dictators, dictated.

You should link to the source, not a second had article, you base your opinions on heresy otherwise.

Give the Liberals what they want. Let's open up Marriage. Marry a woman, Marry a Man. Marry a non-Citizen. All good stuff. If one of them happens to be your Mother, your Father, your brother, your sister, your cousin,....as Hilary would say, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??

At the end of the day, this is how Americans avoid The Marriage Penalty. Way to go Liberals! Marry! Marry!

I understand that in the world of perversion as a lifestyle it is important to try and normalize your own existence, but biology says otherwise.

It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person to be queer, just understand that you are mentally ill.

God must be mentally ill for making these people queer. I blame God; you should too since you are so certain Gods hates gays.

I understand that in the world of perversion as a lifestyle it is important to try and normalize your own existence, but biology says otherwise.

It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person to be queer, just understand that you are mentally ill.

God must be mentally ill for making these people queer. I blame God; you should too since you are so certain Gods hates gays.

I'm not a bible thumper. You must be confusing me with someone else.

The problem here is having let rightwing bigots frame the debate. It doesn't matter AT ALL what marriage has ever been or not been.

All that matters is what is fair and democratic and in keeping with the principles of rights and equality in our system of government.

There is no good argument against marriage equality. There is no good argument against same sex marriage. The only good argument against legalizing same sex marriage would be any argument that can show that society will be harmed in a manner significant enough to trump the granting of equal rights to gays.

There is no such argument.

A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH. Ephesians 5:31

Pedophilia was an accepted practice in many civilizations. Doesn't make it right.

And how many of those civilizations exist today?
Learn from history and you won't repeat it.
Don't forget, HIV is still more than 500 times more likely among homo males.

And yet HIV is lower in married couples than among single people!

Hmmm...maybe we should be encouraging them to get married.

On the surface, that's logical. In reality it just endorses and emboldens more of the dangerous behavior that leads to the HIV transmission.

Pedophilia was an accepted practice in many civilizations. Doesn't make it right.

Why is it that some of you insist on comparing pedophilia to homosexuality? They are completely different things. One is without doubt a crime while the other is not a crime at all. Let me explain it to you in the most basic of terms. Pedophilia involves an assailant and a victim. The victim is a child who is incapable of consenting to the act being committed upon him or her. This is why it is a crime. Homosexuality, on the other hand, involves two consenting individuals. How you cannot understand the difference is mind boggling.

0mvEh76.jpg

Going all the way back, gay marriage was accepted by civilizations.

Evidence exists that same-sex marriages were tolerated in parts of Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt. Artifacts from Egypt, for example, show that same-sex relationships not only existed, but the discovery of a pharaonic tomb for such a couple shows their union was recognized by the kingdom. Meanwhile, accounts of the Israelites' departure for Canaan include their condemnation of Egyptian acceptance of same-sex practice. In actuality, same-sex marital practices and rituals are less known in Egypt compared to Mesopotamia, where documents exist for a variety of marital practices, including male lovers of kings and polyandry. None of the recorded laws of Mesopotamia, including the Code of Hammurabi, contain restrictions against same-sex unions despite the fact that marriages are otherwise well regulated (Eskridge).

More...

Long before that Jesus dude...

The first recorded homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an Egyptian male couple, who lived around the 2400 BC.

Homosexuality in China has been recorded since approximately 600 BCE.

In Ancient Rome the young male body remained a focus of male sexual attention. All the emperors with the exception of Claudius took male lovers.

Same thing with goat fuckers...long tradition.

Do goats have family reunions too? What do you bring? TOSSED SALAD?

Forum List

Back