Marriage Matters: Consequences of Redefining Marriage

YOU might define it that way and so can your church Fishy, but the government has to treat us all equally

You already are treated equally you stupid twat. You can marry a man ANY time you want. What you want, as usual with you libtards, is special treatment, extra perks, and additional benefits.

Why the fuck would a gay person WANT to marry a person of the opposite sex? Are you seriously so stupid that you forget what the definition of a gay person is? Here, let me help you dumbfuck: gay people don't like or want to have sex with people of the opposite sex so again, why would they marry one?

And until you can finally list what extra perks and additional benefits gay people are going to get if they get married to a person of the same sex, then sit the fuck down and shut up.

YOU might define it that way and so can your church Fishy, but the government has to treat us all equally

You already are treated equally you stupid twat. You can marry a man ANY time you want. What you want, as usual with you libtards, is special treatment, extra perks, and additional benefits.

Another conservative who makes no sense.

Why would a lesbian want to marry a man?

And why would anyone seek to deny a person his right to marry whomever he wishes.

Same-sex couples seek no special treatment, extra perks, or additional benefits. They seek recognition of that which they already possess: the right to equal protection under the law, as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.

And why would anyone seek to deny a person his right to marry whomever he wishes.

Same-sex couples seek no special treatment, extra perks, or additional benefits. They seek recognition of that which they already possess: the right to equal protection under the law, as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.

you can have equal protection under the law without using the word marriage.

but, as I have said many times, this debate is not about equality because everyone supports equality. Its about forcing the majority to accept a minority definitiion of marriage. Its a thinly veiled attempt at thought control under the guise of political correctness--------said another way, its a pile of steaming horseshit.

And blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. Tried and failed.

Face the facts, puppy, you've lost this one. Gays are married, are getting married and will continue to get married.

sorry, but race and sex are not the same. as many times as you try that line, it will always fail.

interracial marriage between one man and one woman is not the equivalent of gay/lesbian marriage.

I am done with this thread. the gay marriage supporters refuse to discuss the issue using facts, logic, history, and common sense. So I am done with it. I do not enjoy debating with imbeciles.

I have a new user name for seawytch--------its: hugh jim bissel---- say it fast.

Dogs and goats cannot enter into a legal contract. Why is that such a difficult concept for you?

Neither could gay people just 20 years ago

Um, yes...even 20 years ago, adult gays could sign legal contracts. Allow me to quote, well, you.

How dumb are you exactly?

Name a single legal contract that can be entered into by a dead person, child, animal or inanimate object.

You have zero comprehension of how radically this nation (and this world for that matter) has changed in just the past 100 years. An abortion was unthinkable and a criminal act when our Constitution was written. Now, it's not only legal, it's actually celebrated by animals just like you.

Yes, it has changed for the better.

Abortion was frequently practiced in North America during the period from 1600 to 1900. Many tribal societies knew how to induce abortions. They used a variety of methods including the use of black root and cedar root as abortifacient agents. During the colonial period, the legality of abortion varied from colony to colony and reflected the attitude of the European country which controlled the specific colony. In the British colonies abortions were legal if they were performed prior to quickening. In the French colonies abortions were frequently performed despite the fact that they were considered to be illegal. In the Spanish and Portuguese colonies abortion was illegal. From 1776 until the mid-1800s abortion was viewed as socially unacceptable; however, abortions were not illegal in most states. During the 1860s a number of states passed anti-abortion laws. Most of these laws were ambiguous and difficult to enforce. After 1860 stronger anti-abortion laws were passed and these laws were more vigorously enforced. As a result, many women began to utilize illegal underground abortion services. Although abortion was legalized in 1970, many women are still forced to obtain illegal abortion or to perform self-abortions due to the economic constraints imposed by the Hyde Amendment and the unavailability of services in many areas. Throughout the colonial period and during the early years of the republic, the abortion situation for slave women was different than for other women. Slaves were subject to the rules of their owners, and the owners refused to allow their slaves to terminate pregnancies. The owners wanted their slaves to produce as many children as possible since these children belonged to the slave owners. This situation persisted until the end of the slavery era.

Abortion in Early America

Dogs and Goats can't enter into a legal contract today. But that will change after someone who want to marry them points out your hypocrisy and how you screamed about your "rights" to live your life your way and have a marriage you want.

You have zero concept of a reasonable person standard do you?

With marriage, both kind actually, but lets focus specifically on the legal marriage contract, there are joint rights and responsibilities...decisions made by one partner when the other partner is incapable of making them. Animals cannot possess all the rights and responsibilities of adult humans and cannot enter into contracts. Same goes for all the other crap. The ONLY area where there is even a potential "slippery slope" is in the area of Polygamy, but even there you are talking about creating a legal nightmare. A civil marriage contract is designed to make crystal clear the legal rights and responsibilities of two people in a partnership. Who makes medical decisions in a polygamous marriage? Polygamy would do the opposite of what civil marriage is intended.

You can't stop gay marriage. Minnesota is likely to be the 12th state to pass a gay marriage bill with Delaware hot on their tail. It's done and just a matter of time. Get ready for the sky to fall, Chicken Little. :lol:

You're right - I can't stop gay marriage. Because your own ultra liberal state of California did it for me, before I could

Not before I got legally married. Sky falling yet?

You think one battle makes the war? The SCOTUS decision will overturn Prop 8. Where you livin' puppy? How safe is your state?

I'll bet even where you live will be marrying the gays in ten years. Oh right, you won't bet...

Face the facts, puppy, you've lost this one. Gays are married, are getting married and will continue to get married.

You're not even familiar with Prop 8. You keep celebrating what you wish will be instead of what has actually happened. The most liberal dumbocrat state in the union - California - shot down gay marriage you buffoon. :dance:

you can have equal protection under the law without using the word marriage.

but, as I have said many times, this debate is not about equality because everyone supports equality. Its about forcing the majority to accept a minority definitiion of marriage. Its a thinly veiled attempt at thought control under the guise of political correctness--------said another way, its a pile of steaming horseshit.

Right, it's not about equality for you...you've already admitted that. The gays have said that we will take it by any name you call it, just make it exactly the same for everybody. You say, "No! Only the heterosexuals can have legal marriage, you have to have something different."

What does that not create except a separate class? You know that's not Constitutional.

I am done with this thread. the gay marriage supporters refuse to discuss the issue using facts, logic, history, and common sense. So I am done with it. I do not enjoy debating with imbeciles.

I have a new user name for seawytch--------its: hugh jim bissel---- say it fast.

Isn't this the third or fourth time you've said you're leaving this thread. Just can't quit me? Very Brokeback Mountain of you. Guess we know now why you wanted to know if I was butch or fem....you're into role playing. Not my thing, sorry, plus I'm happily married.

Run away now and fuel your fantasy's elsewhere.

Um, yes...even 20 years ago, adult gays could sign legal contracts.

But they couldn't get married... :lol:

Name a single legal contract that can be entered into by a dead person, child, animal or inanimate object.

Name a single gay marriage 30 years ago... :lol:

Yes, it has changed for the better.

Abortion was frequently practiced in North America during the period from 1600 to 1900. Many tribal societies knew how to induce abortions.

Abortion in Early America

Really? "Tribal societies"?!? :lmao:

Why do you think they were called "savages" sweetie?!? You're trying to justify murdering children and gay marriage by pointing to 1600's savages.

Not before I got legally married. Sky falling yet?

:lmao: Doesn't that just prove that the gay marriage issue is going in the exact opposite direction that you keep ignorantly claiming? :lmao:

You could get married before. You no longer can sweetie... :dance:

Could - it's a key word sweetie...

You think one battle makes the war?

And you think your predictions about the future mean anything?!? :lmao:

The SCOTUS decision will overturn Prop 8. Where you livin' puppy? How safe is your state?

I'll bet even where you live will be marrying the gays in ten years. Oh right, you won't bet...

Here's what you keep wishing:

• The Supreme Court will over turn Prop 8
  • California will return to allowing gay marriage
  • All states will follow suite

Here is what is reality:

The American people have told you to go fuck yourself. Even ultra-liberal California said "NO" to your gay marriage dreams. :dance:

All you have are your pipe-dream wishes. I have reality sweetie. Game. Set. Match.

You're not even familiar with Prop 8. You keep celebrating what you wish will be instead of what has actually happened. The most liberal dumbocrat state in the union - California - shot down gay marriage you buffoon. :dance:

Of course I'm aware. I was one of the 18,000 that got legally married prior to Prop 8.

I also am familiar with the current legal challenge and the likely outcome. I have a feeling, however, that you are not. Here, let me help you old feller.

Prop 8 Timeline

Supreme Court has menu of options in gay marriage case

Of course I'm aware. I was one of the 18,000 that got legally married prior to Prop 8.

I also am familiar with the current legal challenge and the likely outcome. I have a feeling, however, that you are not. Here, let me help you old feller.

Prop 8 Timeline

Supreme Court has menu of options in gay marriage case

Come on Seawytch - say it with me now: Prop 8.

(you can do it - I know you can) :lol:

Prop H8 barely passed and only with millions of dollars of out of state money, lying commercials and entire congregations from churches getting handed signs and told to stand on street corners instead of church service.

Do you think Prop H8 would pass today?

But they couldn't get married... :lol:

Really? "Tribal societies"?!? :lmao:

Why do you think they were called "savages" sweetie?!? You're trying to justify murdering children and gay marriage by pointing to 1600's savages.

:lmao: Doesn't that just prove that the gay marriage issue is going in the exact opposite direction that you keep ignorantly claiming? :lmao:

You could get married before. You no longer can sweetie... :dance:

Could - it's a key word sweetie...

And you think your predictions about the future mean anything?!? :lmao:

The SCOTUS decision will overturn Prop 8. Where you livin' puppy? How safe is your state?

Here is what is reality:

The American people have told you to go fuck yourself. Even ultra-liberal California said "NO" to your gay marriage dreams. :dance:

All you have are your pipe-dream wishes. I have reality sweetie. Game. Set. Match.

Oh Rottweiler....whatever will you do as more and more states legalize gay marriage? How badly will it damage your interpersonal relationships of a hetero nature? Shall we start the pity party for you now?

Prop H8 barely passed and only with millions of dollars of out of state money, lying commercials and entire congregations from churches getting handed signs and told to stand on street corners instead of church service.

Pass today?!? It is passed today!!! :lmao:

Oh Rottweiler....whatever will you do as more and more states legalize gay marriage? How badly will it damage your interpersonal relationships of a hetero nature? Shall we start the pity party for you now?

Doesn't Prop 8 prove that states are repealing gay marriage, not expanding it? :cuckoo:

I think you meant "less and less states"... :lol:

And what's to stop "millions of dollars of out of state money" the next time? What's to stop "entire congregations" next time?

The people have spoken. Grow up and accept democracy...

But they couldn't get married...

Wow, thanks Captain Obvious. Got any other earth shattering revelations? Do ursine mammals evacuate in sylvan environments as well?

60 years ago blacks could not marry whites. That during your time old feller?

Legal or religious? Legal marriage or civil partnerships? Worldwide or just stateside?

Really? "Tribal societies"?!?

Did you stop reading after that sentence. That prove too hard? There is this great program for folks losing their sight due to old age...Dragon Dictate. Hey, I'm a helper.

Doesn't that just prove that the gay marriage issue is going in the exact opposite direction that you keep ignorantly claiming?

You could get married before. You no longer can sweetie...

Which leads us back to the Prop 8 challenge you are ignorant of. Rights already granted cannot be taken away by a majority vote. (tyranny of the majority and all) I thought you masturbated to the Constitution. How is this stuff new info to you?

And you think your predictions about the future mean anything?!?

I never claimed they did...I just offered them up to you as a way to put your "money" where your mouth is. I'm willing to, but you are apparently afraid to. I'm certain enough of my "predictions" to bet you sig lines or avies. You, obviously, aren't. :lol:

Here is what is reality:

Yes, yes and yes. I'll bet the first two, the third...well, I'm willing to bet but it would have to be a separate bet because that's going to take much longer...the first two will happen in June.

Come on, puppy, if you're so sure of America's views on marriage equality, take the bet.

One month, signatures or avatars that my "prediction" about the first two are right on the money, honey.

Forum List

Back