Martin O'Malley- A Democrat who talks some sense.

A democrook talks sense?

laughing-hysterically_thumb.gif

He'd make Hillary a good Veep, the only hitch to his nomination being that MD is hardly a state the Dems have worry about holding.

Now, I'll admit, I don't live in Maryland, and maybe a USMB poster who does can correct me, but I really like what this guy has to say.

Gov. O?Malley: What Maryland does better than Texas - The Washington Post

My administration has made Maryland a better place to do business by focusing on middle-class and sustainable jobs. In addition to being No. 1 in median income, the median wage for hourly workers in Maryland is $14.17 vs. $12.00 in Texas, which lags the national median of $12.80. And while Texas leads the nation in minimum-wage workers, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce ranks Maryland first in the nation in innovation and entrepreneurship, second in concentration of science, technology, engineering and math jobs and third for its “talent pipeline.”

How did we make this possible? By investing in our schools, which Education Week has ranked No. 1 in the nation since 2007. Maryland did more than any other state to hold down rising college tuition costs. We modernized infrastructure and invested in growing sectors such as biotechnology and life science, green technology and clean energy, aerospace and advanced manufacturing.

These investments didn’t come without a price. First, my administration cut more in state spending than any governor in Maryland history. We also had to ask the wealthiest Marylanders to pay a bit more by making income taxes progressive for the first time in state history.

This is the issue facing our nation. Will we make the tougher and better choices that fuel modern economies — investing in education, innovation and infrastructure — and create jobs along the way? Or will we sacrifice these critical investments with the false promise of tax cuts and trickle-down economics that make for slick ads?

I live part time in Maryland and asshole Rick Perry has been flooding TV and Radio with ads urging Maryland businesses to move to Texas. O'Malley does a great job telling Perry to STFU

Maryland has more high tech jobs and its proximity to DC encourages defense and government support jobs

O'Malley in 2016????

He would not have to move far if he won.

Now, I'll admit, I don't live in Maryland, and maybe a USMB poster who does can correct me, but I really like what this guy has to say.

I live part time in Maryland and asshole Rick Perry has been flooding TV and Radio with ads urging Maryland businesses to move to Texas. O'Malley does a great job telling Perry to STFU

Maryland has more high tech jobs and its proximity to DC encourages defense and government support jobs

If he does such a great job, why is Perry still talking?

Stupidity.

[

Considering you want the Baretta plant turned into a government only supplier, and basically put on part time operation, your opinion on it moving has no weight, and no merit.

Go suck government dick somewhere else.

I'd like to see all the executives of Baretta put on trial for murder and sent to big boy prison for all the people their products kill.

But I'll just be happy if they took responsibility and stopped marketting their products to crazy people.

My administration has made Maryland a better place to do business by focusing on middle-class and sustainable jobs. In addition to being No. 1 in median income, the median wage for hourly workers in Maryland is $14.17 vs. $12.00 in Texas, which lags the national median of $12.80. And while Texas leads the nation in minimum-wage workers, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce ranks Maryland first in the nation in innovation and entrepreneurship, second in concentration of science, technology, engineering and math jobs and third for its “talent pipeline.”

How did we make this possible? By investing in our schools, which Education Week has ranked No. 1 in the nation since 2007. Maryland did more than any other state to hold down rising college tuition costs. We modernized infrastructure and invested in growing sectors such as biotechnology and life science, green technology and clean energy, aerospace and advanced manufacturing.

These investments didn’t come without a price. First, my administration cut more in state spending than any governor in Maryland history. We also had to ask the wealthiest Marylanders to pay a bit more by making income taxes progressive for the first time in state history.

This is the issue facing our nation. Will we make the tougher and better choices that fuel modern economies — investing in education, innovation and infrastructure — and create jobs along the way? Or will we sacrifice these critical investments with the false promise of tax cuts and trickle-down economics that make for slick ads?

O'Malley is a boob. He imposed a special tax on people who make over $100,000/yr. they are leaving Maryland in droves. That's his idea of "business friendly."

Maryland's median wage is high only because there are a lot of government workers in Maryland. This has nothing to do with being "business friendly" and everything to do with getting special favors from politicians in D.C.

It's no surprise, Joe, that you would admire a commie like O'Malley.

[

Considering you want the Baretta plant turned into a government only supplier, and basically put on part time operation, your opinion on it moving has no weight, and no merit.

Go suck government dick somewhere else.

I'd like to see all the executives of Baretta put on trial for murder and sent to big boy prison for all the people their products kill.

But I'll just be happy if they took responsibility and stopped marketting their products to crazy people.

How about we put all the politicians who support gun control on trial for murder, armed robbery and rape for all the victims of crime who couldn't buy or legally carry a weapon to defend themselves?

I wonder what racial/ethnic/religious smear campaign the Right will dream up against O'Malley if he runs for president?

How's about none.. but no doubt you leftists scumbags will trash him if he gets out of line, much like you do with any minority that doesn't dance a jig at your alter.

The truth is sufficient to keep him from getting elected. For instance, he imposed a special tax on anyone making over 100K. High income earners started leaving the state in droves when that passed.

[

How about we put all the politicians who support gun control on trial for murder, armed robbery and rape for all the victims of crime who couldn't buy or legally carry a weapon to defend themselves?

Trained Police Officers miss their targets 2/3rd of the time. I'm really not seeing how slapdick civilians are going to do any better.

Don't worry, Iowa is letting blind people get guns now.

Not seeing how THIS is a good idea.
blues-brothers-13_288x216.jpg

(with apologies to Ray Charles.)

I guess things are really going shitty in MD if there has to be a propaganda article in the LSM :lol:

The minimum wage should be $18.40 and above, going to see that when we turf out the far right from New Zealand in 2014. Solidarity with the Democrats on raising the minimum wage, corporations demand more work and give less pay; about time that the 'job creators' paid people what they deserve .

Texas has less rain tax.

I am the product of the Maryland Public education system, and I'll be the first to say that Maryland has had a first rate school system for at least 35 years.

I graduated high school with a college level education.

That said...having lived in Missouri now for longer than I lived in Maryland, small, rich, heavily populated states have a definitive advantage of larger, poorer, less populated states.

Schools are generally funded my property taxes.

Undeveloped land and agricultural property is taxed at a much lower rate than a congested suburbia.

As for $14 in Maryland compared to $12 in Texas...the Texan lives MUCH better on the $12 than the Marylander lives on $14.

The Marylander who makes $30K would have the same quality of life in Texas making $22.5K.

Take $30,000 divided by $14.17 to get hours worked...multiply that by $12 and you get $25,405.

$25,405 - $22,500 = $2,905 more in disposable income for the fella making $12 in Texas over the guy making $14.17 in Maryland.

And that money goes farther.

And Texas has no state income tax to boot.

That Maryland education at work...the Texan has a much higher quality of life than the Marylander...and a nicer climate...and less traffic.

http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/cost-of-living/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back