Martin O'Malley- A Democrat who talks some sense.

And yet oddly, when he became the GOP nominee, they all fell in line behind him.

Billy Grahmn even stopped calling LDS a "cult' and a "heresy".

Which makes you wonder just how seriously these guys take their sky pixies.

Considering, for example, the Mormon church's involvement in Prop 8 in California, I think it qualifies as much as a political organization as a religion,

which makes it fair game.

All religions are political organizations, hence the Framers’ separation of church and state requirement.

LOL, where do you get all of this stupid shit you type?

stop LYING.

and twisting the Pope's words

Unless the Pope supports legislation to make abortion illegal, then he is pro-choice.

If you have evidence that this Pope supports such laws, please post it and I'll stand corrected.

That Pope is gay friendly too. Will he be the first Pope to preside over a gay marriage?

The most liberal Pope anyone can remember and he's almost instantly enormously popular.

That should tell the 'nuts something.

Now, I'll admit, I don't live in Maryland, and maybe a USMB poster who does can correct me, but I really like what this guy has to say.

Gov. O?Malley: What Maryland does better than Texas - The Washington Post

What O'Malley is outlining is intelligent and pragmatic, policy predicated on fact and evidence, not partisan doctrine and dogma.

Invest in education, do what the evidence indicates will work, not what conforms to the party line.

What evidence is there that spending more money on government schools improves them?

More evidence than there is that giving more tax cuts to rich douchebags improves the economy.

Of course, the right doesn't even make the "Supply Side" argument anymore.

Oh, what evidence is there? Schools in Evanston (one of the highest spend per pupil towns in IL) are consistantly higher than Chicago (one of the lowest).

[

Considering you want the Baretta plant turned into a government only supplier, and basically put on part time operation, your opinion on it moving has no weight, and no merit.

Go suck government dick somewhere else.

I'd like to see all the executives of Baretta(sic) put on trial for murder and sent to big boy prison for all the people their products kill.

Of course you would...but then, you are absolutely batshit nuts and everyone here except you realizes it!

PS--I just checked my wife's pistol, and it is spelled "Beretta".

Not at all, dipshit. They are involved in a criminal conspiracy to arm criminals. They need to be held accountable.

(Oh, I only repeated FartyBeggin's mistake, go whine to him.)

How's about I serve you up those words in a big you're-full-of-shit sandwich once the Right starts trashing him for being a pro-choice Catholic?

he should be trashed for that. piece of lying shit

See? Didn't take long for Soggy's lunch to get here. lol

I know that komsomol is mostly retarded and ignorant but not to that extent I thought :lol:

Pope condemns abortion in strongest pro-life comments to date, day after controversial interview
"Every unborn child, though unjustly condemned to be aborted, has the face of the Lord, who even before his birth, and then as soon as he was born, experienced the rejection of the world," the pope said.
The comments come one day after the release of an in-depth interview in which the Pope had explained that despite criticism he has avoided speaking about moral issues like abortion and gay “marriage” in his papacy, instead focusing on preaching about the love of Christ.
“We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods,” Pope Francis had said in remarks that were widely interpreted as a call for Church leaders to downplay the Church’s moral teachings on controversial issues.
"I have not spoken much about these things, and I was reprimanded for that," the Pope had explained. "But when we speak about these issues, we have to talk about them in a context. The teaching of the church, for that matter, is clear and I am a son of the church, but it is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time."
In response to that interview the United State’s largest abortion advocacy organization, NARAL Pro-Choice America, even posted an image thanking the pope for his comments on their Facebook and Twiter pages. But NARAL’s celebrations were cut short by today’s blunt remarks by the Pope, in which he urged doctors to respect life "from the first instant of conception."

ROME, September 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – In a meeting with Catholic gynaecologists this morning Pope Francis strongly condemned abortion as a manifestation of a “throwaway culture.”
Pope condemns abortion in strongest pro-life comments to date, day after controversial interview | LifeSiteNews.com

If a leftard doesn't LIE than he doesn't breathe :lol:

Unless the Pope supports legislation to make abortion illegal, then he is pro-choice.

If you have evidence that this Pope supports such laws, please post it and I'll stand corrected.

That Pope is gay friendly too. Will he be the first Pope to preside over a gay marriage?

The most liberal Pope anyone can remember and he's almost instantly enormously popular.

Except he is not liberal. Keep LYING
:lol:

he should be trashed for that. piece of lying shit

See? Didn't take long for Soggy's lunch to get here. lol

I know that komsomol is mostly retarded and ignorant but not to that extent I thought :lol:

Pope condemns abortion in strongest pro-life comments to date, day after controversial interview
"Every unborn child, though unjustly condemned to be aborted, has the face of the Lord, who even before his birth, and then as soon as he was born, experienced the rejection of the world," the pope said.
The comments come one day after the release of an in-depth interview in which the Pope had explained that despite criticism he has avoided speaking about moral issues like abortion and gay “marriage” in his papacy, instead focusing on preaching about the love of Christ.
“We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods,” Pope Francis had said in remarks that were widely interpreted as a call for Church leaders to downplay the Church’s moral teachings on controversial issues.
"I have not spoken much about these things, and I was reprimanded for that," the Pope had explained. "But when we speak about these issues, we have to talk about them in a context. The teaching of the church, for that matter, is clear and I am a son of the church, but it is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time."
In response to that interview the United State’s largest abortion advocacy organization, NARAL Pro-Choice America, even posted an image thanking the pope for his comments on their Facebook and Twiter pages. But NARAL’s celebrations were cut short by today’s blunt remarks by the Pope, in which he urged doctors to respect life "from the first instant of conception."

ROME, September 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – In a meeting with Catholic gynaecologists this morning Pope Francis strongly condemned abortion as a manifestation of a “throwaway culture.”
Pope condemns abortion in strongest pro-life comments to date, day after controversial interview | LifeSiteNews.com

If a leftard doesn't LIE than he doesn't breathe :lol:

Please cite his support for the criminalization of abortion.

You are pro-choice unless you support making abortion against the law.

America has some of the most extreme factions of the Catholic church, with the exception of France and parts of Africa. This Pope is very much a humanitarian, who has seen poverty first hand in South America. Righties are desperate to make the Pope 'their man' even though the Pope is clearly a centralist in most things, and center-left in others. South America is one of the heartlands of the Catholic church, much more so than America; who better to have as a Pope than someone that reflects most Catholics, rather than the fringe.

Forum List

Back