Martin O'Malley- A Democrat who talks some sense.

Now, I'll admit, I don't live in Maryland, and maybe a USMB poster who does can correct me, but I really like what this guy has to say.

Gov. O?Malley: What Maryland does better than Texas - The Washington Post

My administration has made Maryland a better place to do business by focusing on middle-class and sustainable jobs. In addition to being No. 1 in median income, the median wage for hourly workers in Maryland is $14.17 vs. $12.00 in Texas, which lags the national median of $12.80. And while Texas leads the nation in minimum-wage workers, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce ranks Maryland first in the nation in innovation and entrepreneurship, second in concentration of science, technology, engineering and math jobs and third for its “talent pipeline.”

How did we make this possible? By investing in our schools, which Education Week has ranked No. 1 in the nation since 2007. Maryland did more than any other state to hold down rising college tuition costs. We modernized infrastructure and invested in growing sectors such as biotechnology and life science, green technology and clean energy, aerospace and advanced manufacturing.

These investments didn’t come without a price. First, my administration cut more in state spending than any governor in Maryland history. We also had to ask the wealthiest Marylanders to pay a bit more by making income taxes progressive for the first time in state history.

This is the issue facing our nation. Will we make the tougher and better choices that fuel modern economies — investing in education, innovation and infrastructure — and create jobs along the way? Or will we sacrifice these critical investments with the false promise of tax cuts and trickle-down economics that make for slick ads?

O'Malley is a boob. He imposed a special tax on people who make over $100,000/yr. they are leaving Maryland in droves. That's his idea of "business friendly."

Maryland's median wage is high only because there are a lot of government workers in Maryland. This has nothing to do with being "business friendly" and everything to do with getting special favors from politicians in D.C.

It's no surprise, Joe, that you would admire a commie like O'Malley.

Wow, the inmates are terrified of him already.

Now, I'll admit, I don't live in Maryland, and maybe a USMB poster who does can correct me, but I really like what this guy has to say.

O'Malley is a boob. He imposed a special tax on people who make over $100,000/yr. they are leaving Maryland in droves. That's his idea of "business friendly."

Maryland's median wage is high only because there are a lot of government workers in Maryland. This has nothing to do with being "business friendly" and everything to do with getting special favors from politicians in D.C.

Yeah, such as you are of Ted Cruz.

I wonder what racial/ethnic/religious smear campaign the Right will dream up against O'Malley if he runs for president?

It would be impossible for the right to even come close to running a hate filled religious smear campaign like the left did against Mitt Romney's being a Mormon.

Then of course, who can forget what the left did when a black man, Herman Cain, rapidly gained in popularity in the Republican primaries? The left got scared and they sent out left wing assassin, Gloria Allfraud to smear him with lying women.

And now look, the left wing birther movement is at it again, they're scared of Ted Cruz, so look for more racial smears to come there. Speaking of smears, didn't Hillary Clinton, the original birther run a good smear campaign against Obama?

Then, who can forget the racist smear campaign waged by Democrats against Alan West where they ran an ad showing a black man beating up an old white woman.

So, that leads me to wonder, if Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Dr. Ben Carson, all run for president, what kind if racist/ethnic/religious smears will the left and Democrats run against them.

Of course we're terrified of him. We're terrified of all democrats, just as we would be terrified of a bunch of five-year-old's driving a school bus.

I wonder what racial/ethnic/religious smear campaign the Right will dream up against O'Malley if he runs for president?

How's about none.. but no doubt you leftists scumbags will trash him if he gets out of line, much like you do with any minority that doesn't dance a jig at your alter.

You think O'Malley is black, don't you?

Here?s What?s Included in Maryland?s Controversial ?Rain Tax? (It?s Exactly What It Sounds Like) | TheBlaze.com

The “storm management fee,” passed by the state legislature in 2012, will go into effect on July 1 following a decree from Democrat Gov. Martin O’Malley.

But first, a little background [via the The Gazette]:

In 2010 the Obama administration’s Environmental Protection Agency ordered Maryland to reduce stormwater runoff into the Chesapeake Bay so that nitrogen levels fall 22 percent and phosphorus falls 15 percent from current amounts. The price tag: $14.8 billion.

And where do we get the $14.8 billion? By taxing so-called “impervious surfaces,” anything that prevents rain water from seeping into the earth (roofs, driveways, patios, sidewalks, etc.) thereby causing stormwater run off. In other words, a rain tax.

The EPA ordered Maryland to raise the money (an unfunded mandate), Maryland ordered its 10 largest counties to raise the money (another unfunded mandate) and, now, each of those counties is putting a local rain tax in place by July 1.

The 10 areas affected by the “rain tax” include Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Hartford, Charles, Frederick, Baltimore counties, and Baltimore city.

“Fees will be calculated on the surface area of properties as the theory is that roofs, driveways and carparks create more potential for drainage problems and water contamination,” Metro explains. “Councils are supposed to determine how much to charge per square foot, but the fee depends on the size of the building and surrounding paved surfaces.”

I'd never heard of this until now. LMAO

First off, here goes the EPA forcing costs on to the States again. 14.8 BILLION to reduce rainwater into the Chesapeake Bay.

So they create a Rain Tax to all structures and surface areas to try to come up with the money.

Finally, the Gov't tells the state what to do and subsidizes NONE OF IT.

You just can't make this chit up. Glad I don't live there.

It would be impossible for the right to even come close to running a hate filled religious smear campaign like the left did against Mitt Romney's being a Mormon.

Then of course, who can forget what the left did when a black man, Herman Cain, rapidly gained in popularity in the Republican primaries? The left got scared and they sent out left wing assassin, Gloria Allfraud to smear him with lying women.

And now look, the left wing birther movement is at it again, they're scared of Ted Cruz, so look for more racial smears to come there. Speaking of smears, didn't Hillary Clinton, the original birther run a good smear campaign against Obama?

Then, who can forget the racist smear campaign waged by Democrats against Alan West where they ran an ad showing a black man beating up an old white woman.

So, that leads me to wonder, if Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Dr. Ben Carson, all run for president, what kind if racist/ethnic/religious smears will the left and Democrats run against them.

Obama is a Muslim?

He raided their highway funds that gas taxes were for to at for social programs, deleted those funds then demanded gas taxes be raised because there was no money for roads

Really? When did this happen. Frankly, if anything, they AVOIDED mentioning Romney's religion, which is probably a good thing for him, because if people realized just how batshit crazy Mormon beliefs are, they'd never want one in control of the nukes.

[

Do you have proof ANY of these women lied? Proof they were telling the truth. He dropped out of the race and we never saw him again.

[
And now look, the left wing birther movement is at it again, they're scared of Ted Cruz, so look for more racial smears to come there.

Actually, the people looking to take down Ted the Canuck will be his fellow Republicans.

Rep. King hopes healthcare repeal efforts expose Cruz as 'a fraud' - NBC Politics

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said he hopes Friday's House vote to keep the government running while defunding "Obamacare" will expose Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz as "a fraud" and that "he'll no longer have any influence in the Republican Party."

Whoops. I guess they are getting tired of his shit, too.

[Speaking of smears, didn't Hillary Clinton, the original birther run a good smear campaign against Obama?

No, not really. But it is nice to see you guys are finally showing some shame over Birtherism.

[

You mean by pointing out he wants to cut assistance to the poor and elderly?

[

Yeah, they might point out the heartless, mean-spirited and crazy shit these douchebags believe.

My administration has made Maryland a better place to do business by focusing on middle-class and sustainable jobs. In addition to being No. 1 in median income, the median wage for hourly workers in Maryland is $14.17 vs. $12.00 in Texas, which lags the national median of $12.80. And while Texas leads the nation in minimum-wage workers, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce ranks Maryland first in the nation in innovation and entrepreneurship, second in concentration of science, technology, engineering and math jobs and third for its “talent pipeline.”

How did we make this possible? By investing in our schools, which Education Week has ranked No. 1 in the nation since 2007. Maryland did more than any other state to hold down rising college tuition costs. We modernized infrastructure and invested in growing sectors such as biotechnology and life science, green technology and clean energy, aerospace and advanced manufacturing.

These investments didn’t come without a price. First, my administration cut more in state spending than any governor in Maryland history. We also had to ask the wealthiest Marylanders to pay a bit more by making income taxes progressive for the first time in state history.

This is the issue facing our nation. Will we make the tougher and better choices that fuel modern economies — investing in education, innovation and infrastructure — and create jobs along the way? Or will we sacrifice these critical investments with the false promise of tax cuts and trickle-down economics that make for slick ads?

What O'Malley is outlining is intelligent and pragmatic, policy predicated on fact and evidence, not partisan doctrine and dogma.

Invest in education, do what the evidence indicates will work, not what conforms to the party line.

How's about none.. .

How's about I serve you up those words in a big you're-full-of-shit sandwich once the Right starts trashing him for being a pro-choice Catholic?

Of course they will rightly trash him for being a hypocrite like Nazi Pelosi and Ted Kennedy.

Now that we have a pro-choice Pope, who happens to be the most popular pope in modern history,

I think that smear campaign might flop.

It was the Christian right that did most of the attacking of Romney for being a Mormon.

Forum List

Back