Martin O'Malley- A Democrat who talks some sense.

I wonder what racial/ethnic/religious smear campaign the Right will dream up against O'Malley if he runs for president?

It would be impossible for the right to even come close to running a hate filled religious smear campaign like the left did against Mitt Romney's being a Mormon.

It was the Christian right that did most of the attacking of Romney for being a Mormon.

And yet oddly, when he became the GOP nominee, they all fell in line behind him.

Billy Grahmn even stopped calling LDS a "cult' and a "heresy".

Which makes you wonder just how seriously these guys take their sky pixies.

I wonder what racial/ethnic/religious smear campaign the Right will dream up against O'Malley if he runs for president?

It would be impossible for the right to even come close to running a hate filled religious smear campaign like the left did against Mitt Romney's being a Mormon.

Then of course, who can forget what the left did when a black man, Herman Cain, rapidly gained in popularity in the Republican primaries? The left got scared and they sent out left wing assassin, Gloria Allfraud to smear him with lying women.

And now look, the left wing birther movement is at it again, they're scared of Ted Cruz, so look for more racial smears to come there. Speaking of smears, didn't Hillary Clinton, the original birther run a good smear campaign against Obama?

Then, who can forget the racist smear campaign waged by Democrats against Alan West where they ran an ad showing a black man beating up an old white woman.

So, that leads me to wonder, if Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Dr. Ben Carson, all run for president, what kind if racist/ethnic/religious smears will the left and Democrats run against them.

None.

That’s rightwing shtick.

It was the Christian right that did most of the attacking of Romney for being a Mormon.

And yet oddly, when he became the GOP nominee, they all fell in line behind him.

Considering, for example, the Mormon church's involvement in Prop 8 in California, I think it qualifies as much as a political organization as a religion,

which makes it fair game.

lol, if nothing else, a guy named Martin O'Malley can win back all the voters who couldn't vote for Barack Hussein Obama only because of his strange sounding name.

Considering, for example, the Mormon church's involvement in Prop 8 in California, I think it qualifies as much as a political organization as a religion,

which makes it fair game.

All religions are political organizations, hence the Framers’ separation of church and state requirement.

How's about I serve you up those words in a big you're-full-of-shit sandwich once the Right starts trashing him for being a pro-choice Catholic?

Of course they will rightly trash him for being a hypocrite like Nazi Pelosi and Ted Kennedy.

Now that we have a pro-choice Pope, who happens to be the most popular pope in modern history,

I think that smear campaign might flop.

stop LYING.

and twisting the Pope's words

He raided their highway funds that gas taxes were for to at for social programs, deleted those funds then demanded gas taxes be raised because there was no money for roads

typical leftist scum

n the last two years alone he won big battles in the state legislature to allow same sex marriage, give some illegal immigrants in-state tuition, end the death penalty, underwrite an offshore wind farm, ban certain guns and make gun licensing requirements stricter. He also pushed to raise the gas tax, and won. It is one of the 37 tax and fee hikes enacted during his administration totaling $3.1 billion, according to research by change maryland.

Democrats should love this guy.
we do... That's why his state is in good shape ... Instead of taking money away, from all the services the state provides, something repub-lie-turds don't want to pay for after it was borrowed the governor turns their repub-lie-turd mess around and pays the debts the repub-lie-turds made by raising their taxes .... After all you have to spend money to make money ... Something you repub-lie-turtds haven't figured out yet ... All you repub-lie turds know how to do is spend money and not pay your debts ...
Lol...you like that rain tax eh? What about paying more for gas enjoy that as well? Allowing illegals to take more jobs I bet ya love that....you are one mentally disturbed person if you think this idiot is doing a good job.

Very big increase in federal government spending.

EDIT - Also, very big increase in spending by lobbyists and others trying to influence the political process.

Last edited:
i live part time in maryland and asshole rick perry has been flooding tv and radio with ads urging maryland businesses to move to texas. O'malley does a great job telling perry to stfu

maryland has more high tech jobs and its proximity to dc encourages defense and government support jobs

and all perry has to offer is jobs at mcdonald's or burger king ...

He is offering low cost labor and no government restrictions

It's why people should probably start calling them the "Banana Republicans".

Then of course, who can forget what the left did when a black man, Herman Cain, rapidly gained in popularity in the Republican primaries? The left got scared and they sent out left wing assassin, Gloria Allfraud to smear him with lying women.

And now look, the left wing birther movement is at it again, they're scared of Ted Cruz, so look for more racial smears to come there. Speaking of smears, didn't Hillary Clinton, the original birther run a good smear campaign against Obama?

Then, who can forget the racist smear campaign waged by Democrats against Alan West where they ran an ad showing a black man beating up an old white woman.

So, that leads me to wonder, if Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Dr. Ben Carson, all run for president, what kind if racist/ethnic/religious smears will the left and Democrats run against them.

Just how often did Romney's Mormonism actually get brought up by the Dems?

Of course they will rightly trash him for being a hypocrite like Nazi Pelosi and Ted Kennedy.

Now that we have a pro-choice Pope, who happens to be the most popular pope in modern history,

stop LYING.

Unless the Pope supports legislation to make abortion illegal, then he is pro-choice.

If you have evidence that this Pope supports such laws, please post it and I'll stand corrected.

Now, I'll admit, I don't live in Maryland, and maybe a USMB poster who does can correct me, but I really like what this guy has to say.

Gov. O?Malley: What Maryland does better than Texas - The Washington Post

My administration has made Maryland a better place to do business by focusing on middle-class and sustainable jobs. In addition to being No. 1 in median income, the median wage for hourly workers in Maryland is $14.17 vs. $12.00 in Texas, which lags the national median of $12.80. And while Texas leads the nation in minimum-wage workers, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce ranks Maryland first in the nation in innovation and entrepreneurship, second in concentration of science, technology, engineering and math jobs and third for its “talent pipeline.”

How did we make this possible? By investing in our schools, which Education Week has ranked No. 1 in the nation since 2007. Maryland did more than any other state to hold down rising college tuition costs. We modernized infrastructure and invested in growing sectors such as biotechnology and life science, green technology and clean energy, aerospace and advanced manufacturing.

These investments didn’t come without a price. First, my administration cut more in state spending than any governor in Maryland history. We also had to ask the wealthiest Marylanders to pay a bit more by making income taxes progressive for the first time in state history.

This is the issue facing our nation. Will we make the tougher and better choices that fuel modern economies — investing in education, innovation and infrastructure — and create jobs along the way? Or will we sacrifice these critical investments with the false promise of tax cuts and trickle-down economics that make for slick ads?

What O'Malley is outlining is intelligent and pragmatic, policy predicated on fact and evidence, not partisan doctrine and dogma.

Invest in education, do what the evidence indicates will work, not what conforms to the party line.

What evidence is there that spending more money on government schools improves them?

[

Considering you want the Baretta plant turned into a government only supplier, and basically put on part time operation, your opinion on it moving has no weight, and no merit.

Go suck government dick somewhere else.

I'd like to see all the executives of Baretta(sic) put on trial for murder and sent to big boy prison for all the people their products kill.

Of course you would...but then, you are absolutely batshit nuts and everyone here except you realizes it!

PS--I just checked my wife's pistol, and it is spelled "Beretta".

stop LYING.

Unless the Pope supports legislation to make abortion illegal, then he is pro-choice.

If you have evidence that this Pope supports such laws, please post it and I'll stand corrected.

That Pope is gay friendly too. Will he be the first Pope to preside over a gay marriage?

Forum List

Back