Maryland House passes gun bill with fingerprint requirement

How many bad guys go buy a gun legally? How does this prevent a bad guy from getting a gun? All this does is add more of a finical burden on the gun owner. Suppose a poor person needs a firearm for personal protection who's going to pay for that extra fee?
I suppose you think Voter ID is ok it doesn't place a burden on minorities?

Pretty much all of the people who have done the mass shootings have gotten their guns legally.
Name them

Lanza's mom purchased her guns legally. Kip Kinkle's weopon was purchased legally.

How did Colorado shooter get guns, ammo? | ksl.com

Authorities say Holmes started buying his four weapons legally in May, about the time his grades fell and he began the process of dropping out of school. He purchased two handguns, a shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle.

The guns were purchased at two national chain stores in Denver. In the past 60 days, Holmes bought more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition at gun shops and over the Internet.

How about getting that welfare check should we finger print them also?
Buying a house?
Car?
People who get married?
Having Children?

Hey Rabble, do you have a dd214? Then your prints are on record.

Deflection answer the fucking question.

Dumb ass, anyone that has had a job involving security, and many other jobs, for that matter, has been fingerprinted. And fingerprinting people that purchase guns would make it a lot easier to find where the guns the criminals and crazies use come from.

And, given your attitude problem, I bet that a lot more people have fingerprinted you than just the military.

Pretty much all of the people who have done the mass shootings have gotten their guns legally.
Name them

Lanza's mom purchased her guns legally. Kip Kinkle's weopon was purchased legally.

How did Colorado shooter get guns, ammo? | ksl.com

Authorities say Holmes started buying his four weapons legally in May, about the time his grades fell and he began the process of dropping out of school. He purchased two handguns, a shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle.

The guns were purchased at two national chain stores in Denver. In the past 60 days, Holmes bought more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition at gun shops and over the Internet.

1. was lanza's mom the shooter?
2. how could she have purchased the bushmaster legally when the state of Conneticutt already banned her from having an assault weapon since 1993?

Hey Rabble, do you have a dd214? Then your prints are on record.

Deflection answer the fucking question.

Dumb ass, anyone that has had a job involving security, and many other jobs, for that matter, has been fingerprinted. And fingerprinting people that purchase guns would make it a lot easier to find where the guns the criminals and crazies use come from.

And, given your attitude problem, I bet that a lot more people have fingerprinted you than just the military.
Are you buying that job?

How many bad guys go buy a gun legally? How does this prevent a bad guy from getting a gun? All this does is add more of a finical burden on the gun owner. Suppose a poor person needs a firearm for personal protection who's going to pay for that extra fee?
I suppose you think Voter ID is ok it doesn't place a burden on minorities?

Name them

Name those who got them illegally.

Because obviously anyone who wishes to possess a gun has a criminal mind!In the United States, we are Guilty until proven Innocent, more than 1 person for every 100 is behind bars in America! THE LAND OF THE FREE!

----------------------------
Also, aren't we already fingerprinted at birth, why do it twice? Oh, because it is to make us feel uncomfortable.

I suppose you libtards would also love if they compelled us to attend an "experience a week in jail" program, in order to further "deter our criminal intentions."

Actually, I might be giving them ideas ...

Here is where the comparison with teachers being finger printed fits. A very, very few, a miniscule number compared to the hundreds of thousands of teachers in the land, molest and abuse their students. The vast, vast majority of teachers do not. But every single person who either applies for a teaching license or is hired for a teaching job in the US is finger printed before he/she can be employed.

The vast majority of gun owners do not use their guns to hurt anyone. But some do. Therefore, why not treat them as teachers are treated, as people who could potentially harm others with their gun as a teacher could potentially harm a student because of his/her position?

I don't see what the problem is. If you want a gun, if you are a law abiding citizen, what is there to be afraid of by having your finger prints taken? Does it take away your civil rights? Really? Then we need to stop finger printing teachers because we are taking away their civil rights too.

Last edited:
Name them

You made the claim
Pretty much all of the people who have done the mass shootings have gotten their guns legally
Do you wish to retract?

No. I have nothing to retract, you are just being intentionally obtuse. Someone has already posted severall examples. The FACT is that it is common knowledge that most of these shooters got their guns legally. I'm not going to spend hours looking each one up. These facts were always part of the story when the story was a headline. We all know it. You just want to lie about it.

My fingerprints are already on file with the FBI.

Does the FBI have your fingerprints?

Of course they have my fingerprints. I was in the military.

How about getting that welfare check should we finger print them also?
Buying a house?
Car?
People who get married?
Having Children?

Welfare check? Yes. Absolutely.
As for everything else, the government already has like thirty ways of figuring out who you are, so it's pretty redundant.

You made the claim
Pretty much all of the people who have done the mass shootings have gotten their guns legally
Do you wish to retract?

No. I have nothing to retract, you are just being intentionally obtuse. Someone has already posted severall examples. The FACT is that it is common knowledge that most of these shooters got their guns legally. I'm not going to spend hours looking each one up. These facts were always part of the story when the story was a headline. We all know it. You just want to lie about it.

I asked you to make a list since you think most mass shooters bought their firearms legally I am sure you'll stop being obtuse and make that list.

Maryland scheduled to lose 31 million dollars in revenue
New legislation is forcing gun manufacturing company Beretta to uproot and take their business elsewhere.

Established in 1526, Beretta holds the distinction of being the oldest active firearms manufacturer in the world. The U.S. factory is located in Accokeek, Maryland, and has been a staple of the local economy for years.

Beretta Leaves Maryland Because of Stricter Gun Laws

What is the dollar value of a life to you?

good gaswd almight big papa guberment comes and saves us wittle chitl's from the bad booger man
You fucking stupid bitch not one existing laws has done one god damn mother fucking thing to save lives. You want more god damn laws stupid just plain stupid.

Im ok with this. Fingerprints are a useful tool in law enforcement. Not only does it greatly expand the ability to catch bad guys, but it also creates a 100% accurate way to EXCLUDE possible suspects and prove their innocence.

If you know that your name and fingerprint are attached to the purchase of a gun, then maybe, just MAYBE people will be a little more responsible about securing their guns, rather than leave them around for pieces of shit like Adam Lanza to pick up and kill kids with.

You're such an idiot. Of course you support this.
TN had a thumbprint requirement to buy a gun for probably 30 years. I thought it was dumb and worked with the legislators and we got it repealed. Not only was there never a case of the prints being used to solve a crime, most of them were illegible anyway, as gun dealers are not trained to take fingerprints.
This will do absolutely nothing to stop crime. Zero.

Pretty much that. Anyone who wants to can make a fingerprint illegible very easily. Heck, some people's prints are nearly impossible to get when the person getting them IS trained to do so. (My uncle comes to mind; his hands are covered with scars & calluses.)

Pretty much that. Anyone who wants to can make a fingerprint illegible very easily. Heck, some people's prints are nearly impossible to get when the person getting them IS trained to do so. (My uncle comes to mind; his hands are covered with scars & calluses.)

Gievn that you need a photo ID to buy a gun I am not sure what a fingerprint will do. How does that identify someone more? It doesn't. It's an idiotic feel good measure.

Forum List

Back