Mass shooting 16+ shot 10 killed in Monterey park, Ca

I'm staying home and cooking dinner for my family this evening. I will be carrying a glass of whiskey and over 45 years of experience that does not rely on firearms. I just hope a large group of banditos does not blow a hole in the wall and storm the building guns ablazing.
The thing about living in shall issue state like Florida is that a concealed weapon permit is very easy to get. Not as good as Constitutional carry but close.

There are about 2.5 million concealed weapon permittees in the state.

The restaurant where we are going this afternoon is in a very safe place. The chances of a crime being committed is close to nil. However, I suspect that that there will be several other patrons in the establishment that will be armed besides myself. A crook would have to be a world class fool to think he could get away with shooting up the place. He would probably be shot by a half dozen other people before I could draw my Sig.

Unfortunately the asshole in California last night knew he wasn't at risk because none of the people were allowed to have a firearm to oppose him. Like shooting ducks in a barrel. That is what you get with Liberal policies.

The thing about living in shall issue state like Florida is that a concealed weapon permit is very easy to get. Not as good as Constitutional carry but close.

There are about 2.5 million concealed weapon permittees in the state.

The restaurant where we are going this afternoon is in a very safe place. The chances of a crime being committed is close to nil. However, I suspect that that there will be several other patrons in the establishment that will be armed besides myself. A crook would have to be a world class fool to think he could get away with shooting up the place. He would probably be shot by a half dozen other people before I could draw my Sig.

Unfortunately the asshole in California last night knew he wasn't at risk because none of the people were allowed to have a firearm to oppose him. Like shooting ducks in a barrel. That is what you get with Liberal policies.
It was a residence where owner / renters could have been armed to protect party goers and Los Angeles County Issues Permits In larger numbers for last few years so at least one guest coulda had the gumption to go through the process and get one by now ( like an old friend of mine from Culver City did last year .

It was a residence where owner / renters could have been armed to protect party goers and Los Angeles County Issues Permits I’m larger numbers for last few years so at least one guest coulda had the gumption to go through the process and get one by now ( like an old friend of mine from Culver City did last year .
That is not the same as general shall issue or Constitutional carry. Not by a long shot.

The chances of the shooter having to face resistance in that state is minuscule compared to other non communist states.

Lol , let’s let in 5 Million people from lawless countries and let in hundreds of thousands of criminals & Cartel Henchmen & their families & underlings and then disarm the well off law abiding people so they can be easier prey
Where has it been reported that the shooter was an illegal immigrant?

Impossible.

California and New York have two of the strictest "assault-style weapons" bans in the country...AND standard capacity magazine bans...AND California doesn't allow Modern Sporting Rifles to have easily removable magazines.

Must be a mistake.

You know, the US is comprised of a whole bunch of different states, which have different laws for each states concerning different things (firearms for example). You can freely travel from one state where the laws are very strict (say California for example), and travel to another state where they are less strict (say, Texas for example), buy a product there (say, a gun that you can't get in California), take said gun back to California without having to go through any checkpoints or even having to stop for anything other than standard travel things like gas and food. And, Texas is only a day, maybe two, in travel time. Not only for the crazy person willing to travel for a gun, but also for various criminals that make their money from buying guns in one state and selling them in another.

Sorry...............but strict gun laws in one state don't really matter to a motivated individual if the laws in another state are fairly lax.

America at war with itself. No civilised country on the planet allows its citizen to armed. Ban guns.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” ― Robert A. Heinlein,

You know, the US is comprised of a whole bunch of different states, which have different laws for each states concerning different things (firearms for example). You can freely travel from one state where the laws are very strict (say California for example), and travel to another state where they are less strict (say, Texas for example), but a product there (say, a gun that you can't get in California), take said gun back to California without having to go through any checkpoints or even having to stop for anything other than standard travel things like gas and food. And, Texas is only a day, maybe two, in travel time. Not only for the crazy person willing to travel for a gun, but also for various criminals that make their money from buying guns in one state and selling them in another.

Sorry...............but strict gun laws in one state don't really matter to a motivated individual if the laws in another state are fairly lax.

At one time laws against marijuana were pretty restrictive in nearly every state. It mattered none to many.

You know, the US is comprised of a whole bunch of different states, which have different laws for each states concerning different things (firearms for example). You can freely travel from one state where the laws are very strict (say California for example), and travel to another state where they are less strict (say, Texas for example), buy a product there (say, a gun that you can't get in California), take said gun back to California without having to go through any checkpoints or even having to stop for anything other than standard travel things like gas and food. And, Texas is only a day, maybe two, in travel time. Not only for the crazy person willing to travel for a gun, but also for various criminals that make their money from buying guns in one state and selling them in another.

Black market means no travel

Where has it been reported that the shooter was an illegal immigrant?
I said this one might be seeing a Shrink and a Psychologist and has had at least 1 51/50 and He was on 2 types of SSRIs ( not that he was an illegal )

You are the Exception
Most prefer short video
I can read way faster than one can talk. Also back before I was a fishing and hunting guide I did computer security. All kinds of malicious things can be hidden in photos and videos. The last project I worked on in that industry was replacing Home Depot systems after a huge theft of credit card information. We are pretty sure the malicious software entered via hidden scripts ran in the background of some videos accessed by people on their system.

Forum List

Back