Mass stabbing in Florida - it's time to implement knife control.

OK then, why would that not have happened if the perp had a semi-automatic rifle? Here is a hint for you......A guy comes at you with a knife. You have a chair. The chair can defeat the knife AND can be used to smash the perp into submission.

NOW.....Stay with me.....You have a chair, the perp has a semi-auto. You have been constantly told that guns are evil so you choose to be unarmed. OR, the establishment you are in, or work for, prohibits firearms. There you are holding a chair (if you are brave) or you are hiding under your chair (if you are a coward). In any case the crazy perp ventilates you with his AR-15. Where was YOUR AR-15? His was stolen. You were told AR-15's were too 'scary' to have and were probably prohibited from even showing one to anyone much less have it at where you work.

Yet, there you are....laying on the floor in a pool of blood.

So we can agree that an AR-15 is more lethal than a knife. Awesome.

It sure is a good thing this lunatic didn't have access to a more lethal weapon. The situation could have been so much worse.

Maybe now you will see why knives (a less lethal weapon) doesn't require much government oversight but an AR-15 (a more lethal weapon) does, which is contrary to what the OP stated.

Most of what you say is true, an AR-15 is much more lethal than a knife however, that is beside the point IMO. AR-15's and many other guns exist and will exist no matter whether the AR-15 is made illegal or not. If you are confronted with a perp holding a gun, it is your RIGHT to be carrying a firearm. That right is being stripped away because of a political faction (Democrats) that have chosen to make disarming law-abiding Americans of their 2nd amendment rights because (again IMO) they require a voting block of constant victims that will rely on political causes to cure the fake problems Democrats create.

If government oversight is to be done, I'd prefer it to be used on a weapon that is more lethal than on a weapon that is less lethal.

The problem is being able to prohibit a crazy person from doing this shit. You can't. There is evil in the world, pretending it does not exist is a recipe for extinction. Disarming yourself is just suicidal.

I don't know why, but this crazy guy didn't have a semi-automatic rifle. And I think that's a good thing.

Yes, because those folks were not similarly armed.

Yup, agreed. If this crazy guy had a bigger arsenal, this would be a tragedy.

Good thing he didn't.

You forgot the part about the victims being unarmed. Does that not bother you?

Why would I be bothered by that? That's their choice, isn't it?

The problem is being able to prohibit a crazy person from doing this shit. You can't. There is evil in the world, pretending it does not exist is a recipe for extinction. Disarming yourself is just suicidal.

I don't know why, but this crazy guy didn't have a semi-automatic rifle. And I think that's a good thing.

Good thing he didn't.

No it is NOT their choice in many situations. That is my whole point. These mass shootings are typically done in 'gun free' zones.

If government oversight is to be done, I'd prefer it to be used on a weapon that is more lethal than on a weapon that is less lethal.

How should we decide which weapon is less lethal?

It's not difficult to determine that an AR-15 is more lethal than a knife. In fact, you already agreed to that.

"Most of what you say is true, an AR-15 is much more lethal than a knife"

OP says we should have government oversight on knives. I disagree. I think we should have government oversight on more lethal weapons.

Good thing he didn't.

No it is NOT their choice in many situations. That is my whole point. These mass shootings are typically done in 'gun free' zones.

I didn't read that this was a gun-free zone.

All pointy or sharp tools and knives should require government oversight immediately.

Tallahassee, Florida, police investigate 'massive stabbing' at business

So.....no one died and the police described the weapon as, "Brown was involved in a dispute at the office before the stabbing, in which police said a pocket-knife-style weapon was used",yet somehow it's the same as a mass shooting where 15 or so are dead by AR fire?

Retarded logic, dude.

No one died because the Dyke employees were 'hard targets' who had weapons equal to the perp with the knife. If the perp had a gun, those folks would be effectively disarmed and soft targets.

Derp.....

THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT, DOPE!

Everyone runs fron the lunatic with the AR.

Not everyone is particulary afraid of an easily defeated guy with a knife.

First of all, calling me names does nothing to support your rebuttal. Second, people did not run from the perp with a knife because they had equal firepower. Now, go ruminate on that and stop being juvenile.
All pointy or sharp tools and knives should require government oversight immediately.

So.....no one died and the police described the weapon as, "Brown was involved in a dispute at the office before the stabbing, in which police said a pocket-knife-style weapon was used",yet somehow it's the same as a mass shooting where 15 or so are dead by AR fire?

Retarded logic, dude.

No one died because the Dyke employees were 'hard targets' who had weapons equal to the perp with the knife. If the perp had a gun, those folks would be effectively disarmed and soft targets.

Derp.....

THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT, DOPE!

Everyone runs fron the lunatic with the AR.

Not everyone is particulary afraid of an easily defeated guy with a knife.

First of all, calling me names does nothing to support your rebuttal. Second, people did not run from the perp with a knife because they had equal firepower. Now, go ruminate on that and stop being juvenile.

Second, people did not run from the perp with a knife because they had equal firepower.
Uff....
Again, that was The Point!

My namecalling is righteous. Your self awareness is noexistent.

You're actually making the case that attacks with a knife are not only not comparable to AR/AK attacks but that the duration and effectiveness of knife attacks are easily curtailed by bystanders.

You're making the case as to why a ban would be effective.

Maybe next time you could let the blood on the knife dry before you use the tragedy for winning points on a political forum.

Just a thought
You mean like the gun grabbers have done virtually every time there's a mass shooting?

Maybe next time you could let the blood on the knife dry before you use the tragedy for winning points on a political forum.

Just a thought
You mean like the gun grabbers have done virtually every time there's a mass shooting?

Yep. And you people are no different
Who is "you people," supporters of the Bill of Rights?

Right wing partisan hacks
As opposed to leftwing partisan hacks like you?

There is knife control. Switchblades are illegal in many cities and states. I was cited when I was 16 for having a 4" fishing knife in my glove compartment. In Atlanta at the time the maximum length of folding blade allowed to be carried on your person or in your car was 3". I had to go to court.

You're making the case as to why a ban would be effective.

Yes it would be 'effective' in disarming law abiding citizens. Not the perps. That is my 'case.' These guns are NOT going away and evil humans will still exist.

There is knife control. Switchblades are illegal in many cities and states. I was cited when I was 16 for having a 4" fishing knife in my glove compartment. In Atlanta at the time the maximum length of folding blade allowed to be carried on your person or in your car was 3". I had to go to court.

Unfortunately people bent on murder don't give a shit about 'knife' or 'gun' control.

Just a thought

Oh yeah, lots of left wingers that think there are too many restrictions on guns and are anti-abortion and pro-smaller government and think Obama was the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

You people are funny

Oh yeah, lots of left wingers that think there are too many restrictions on guns and are anti-abortion and pro-smaller government and think Obama was the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

You people are funny
What's your point, dumbass?

You people are funny
What's your point, dumbass?

That I am not a lefty. Just because I do not worship Trump like you does not make me a lefty

Forum List

Back