Massachusetts: This Is The Nation’s Toughest Gun Law

Again, not an absolutist. Any level of government can say felons and mentally adjudicated people can't own firearms, just like they can arrest and imprison them.
That only causes more trouble.

:dunno:

Actually the feds SHOULD be required to intervene in NY State because the NY State laws violate the constitution. I know we differ on our views on the 14th here.
Should they do the same for gay wedding cakes and abortion.

You can't ask for it on one hand and deny it on the other. It is inconsistency.

at-least-after-common-sense-guns-laws-they-never-had-31788234.png
Dishonest bad meme. You should feel bad for such failure.

Again, not an absolutist. Any level of government can say felons and mentally adjudicated people can't own firearms, just like they can arrest and imprison them.
That only causes more trouble.

:dunno:

Actually the feds SHOULD be required to intervene in NY State because the NY State laws violate the constitution. I know we differ on our views on the 14th here.
Should they do the same for gay wedding cakes and abortion.

You can't ask for it on one hand and deny it on the other. It is inconsistency.

by your rules, yes. by my rules no.

To me abortion is a State issue, as are PA laws. Where I have an issue is applying PA laws to things that are not public accomodations.

As an example, to me a Hotel should not be able to deny a room to anyone based on your usual groupings. However they should be able to decide if they want to rent out their catering rooms for a Same Sex Wedding.

The first is a PA, the 2nd is a contracted service.

To me abortion is a State issue, as are PA laws. Where I have an issue is applying PA laws to things that are not public accomodations.

As an example, to me a Hotel should not be able to deny a room to anyone based on your usual groupings. However they should be able to decide if they want to rent out their catering rooms for a Same Sex Wedding.

The distinctions are unclear. Why is renting a hotel room not a contracted service? Why is abortion a state issue, but gun regulation is?

Being unclear and inconsistent is what gives rise to abuse. That's my concern.

Did Massachusetts violate the 2nd Amendment? If so - how?

Yes. Massachusetts has syatemically violated not only the US Constitution but it's own in implementing gun regulations.

Yoive missed the biggest issue with this system.... it's a MAY Issue not a SHALL Issue system. Even if you have no disqualifying factors, the Police Chuef can decide not to issue you a petmit, "just because". In fact some towns will tell you not to wastectge $100 because "we don't issue permits here".

From 1998 until about 2006, the license issued would not fit in a standard wallet. Yet you must have it on you any time you're dealing with a firearm. We did finally get that changed to a standard ID size, but it was a pain in the ass.

I could go on but you're not listening anyway.

Are you saying police can be power mad and corrupt ? What are you , Black Lives Matter?

Local teapot dictators should be appealed and exposed .

I like the local spin on the law because it can pick up on guys like the Florida shooter who don’t necessarily have a paper trail that shows on background checks .

The distinctions are unclear. Why is renting a hotel room not a contracted service? Why is abortion a state issue, but gun regulation is?

Being unclear and inconsistent is what gives rise to abuse. That's my concern.

Life can't be broken down into easy choices.

When you offer a hotel room for people staying overnight, you are not condoning what is happening legally in that room. When you rent out a catering hall for a specific event, that event can reflect on you and your own views.

Abortion is a State issue because the federal Constitution is mute on it, thus it devolves to the State Legislatures.

RKBA is explicit in the Constitution.

aren't they?

Can't afford the permit?

Can't pass the restrictive background check, for one reason or another.

(if you can pass the background check, do you still pass the Taxawhosits permit check?)

Is the permit retroactive?

if I, in a moment of insanity, move from NH to Mass, do I need permits to own firearms I've owned or years/decades?

Or will they take them from me if I dont' have the appropriate paperwork?

(is there a possibility of being sent to a reeducation camp, or just the standard Concentration camp?)

Yeah, I'm sure people like you really care about poor people who can't afford to own a gun. If they can afford to buy a gun - they can surely afford the modest state requirements to legally own it. It falls under states' rights.

I believe in allowing people, poor or rich, to be able to defend themselves, and the constitutional right to own the tools to do so.

When do you apply the same standard to voting?

When does the push for having a permit to take advantage of that right?

Then we can get permits to speech, the press, assembly, etc.

(yes, yes, I know there are some restrictions on those already. but NOT like what Mass is doing to gun owners)

What other rights do you believe we need permits for?

This thread is about GUNS! Why are you trying to divert and hijack this thread? Should I report you?

My reply WAS about guns.

I also pointed out the slippery slope you might have missed.

No, I didn't miss the so-called "slippery slope" that NRA gun nutters are always whining about.

apparently you did.

When you need a permit for one right, what is to stop a state from demanding a permit for ALL rights?

I like the local spin on the law because it can pick up on guys like the Florida shooter who don’t necessarily have a paper trail that shows on background checks .

Yes but when the Federal Government puts yokes and chains on local LEO's shit goes to hell just like what happened in Fl...

PROMISE Program

Yes but when the Federal Government puts yokes and chains on local LEO's shit goes to hell just like what happened in Fl...

PROMISE Program

I guess you’d be for gun control laws that background checked juvenile records ?

Abortion is a State issue because the federal Constitution is mute on it, thus it devolves to the State Legislatures.

The 2nd Amendment says the right of the people shall not be infringed. You are arguing that the 2nd Amendment is a total ban on all State and Federal infringements, are you not?

I agree that abortion is a state issue.

The 2nd Amendment says the right of the people shall not be infringed. You are arguing that the 2nd Amendment is a total ban on all State and Federal infringements, are you not?

I agree that abortion is a state issue.

Not a total. They can still say felons and mentally adjudicated people can be denied the right, just like they can be denied other rights, including freedom, voting, and 4th amendment protections (remember when on parole the Parole officer can search your property at leisure).

Not a total. They can still say felons and mentally adjudicated people can be denied the right, just like they can be denied other rights, including freedom, voting, and 4th amendment protections (remember when on parole the Parole officer can search your property at leisure).
But, that goes contrary to the purpose of the bill of rights, which was to put the people at ease regarding the power granted to the federal government (few and defined v. State powers being many and indefinite). Why the duel authority? Why can't duel authority apply to everything?

Abortion was ruled as a woman's right under her privacy rights. It says right there in the 4th amendment that women have a right to privacy in her person, houses, papers and effects.

That means she has the privacy right to decided what happens to her person or body. Not the government. And the government can't take that right to privacy of her person away from her without violating the constitution.

If you believe that a man has that right to privacy with his person but not women you're also violating the 14th amendment to a woman's right to equal rights protection under the law.

So if you don't believe a woman has a right to privacy in her person then you are violating the constitution.

The reality of it all is what you think and believe means absolutely nothing to anyone but you. Your beliefs can't constitutionally be forced on the rest of the nation. Our government has a constitutional obligation to protect a woman's 4th amendment privacy rights to choose and a constitutional obligation to prevent people like you from taking that right from women.

Deal with it.

Yeah, I'm sure people like you really care about poor people who can't afford to own a gun. If they can afford to buy a gun - they can surely afford the modest state requirements to legally own it. It falls under states' rights.

I believe in allowing people, poor or rich, to be able to defend themselves, and the constitutional right to own the tools to do so.

(yes, yes, I know there are some restrictions on those already. but NOT like what Mass is doing to gun owners)

This thread is about GUNS! Why are you trying to divert and hijack this thread? Should I report you?

My reply WAS about guns.

No, I didn't miss the so-called "slippery slope" that NRA gun nutters are always whining about.

apparently you did.

When you need a permit for one right, what is to stop a state from demanding a permit for ALL rights?

We're talking about guns and states' rights in Massachusetts - not all the other possible contingencies that could arise relating to all other possibilities. Isn't that why we have separate threads and forums?

But, that goes contrary to the purpose of the bill of rights, which was to put the people at ease regarding the power granted to the federal government (few and defined v. State powers being many and indefinite). Why the duel authority? Why can't duel authority apply to everything?

Dual authority is implicit due to the structure of federalism. The question is who's authority takes precedent.

It's why most Murders are tried in State courts as opposed to federal ones, even though killing someone is a crime under both authorities.

My reply WAS about guns.

apparently you did.

We're talking about guns and states' rights in Massachusetts - not all the other possible contingencies that could arise relating to all other possibilities. Isn't that why we have separate threads and forums?

I covered the atrocity Mass is putting in place.

then I asked what effect that will have on Rights.

Obviously, a topic you don't want to talk or think about.

My reply WAS about guns.

apparently you did.

I covered the atrocity Mass is putting in place.

then I asked what effect that will have on Rights.

Obviously, a topic you don't want to talk or think about.

It's apples and onions, sparky. Homey don't play the "slippery slope" game.

PROMISE Program

I guess you’d be for gun control laws that background checked juvenile records ?

Hope you washed your hands, cause you pulled that one out of your ass... But I will answer the question... HELL NO!

It's apples and onions, sparky. Homey don't play the "slippery slope" game.

Is this an apple or an orange? "Homey" slipped right of this one...

Forum List

Back