Massive Amtrak Crash....but who cares about our highways and trains?

This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg

This had nothing to do with our 'crumbling infrastructure'. Leftists seize upon every incident and tragedy that occurs in order to make up their Christmas list of 'cut military spending' and 'increase pork'. This accident was due to human negligence and nothing else.
I imagine the engineer was a texting, semi-disabled union member, and the train was going 90mph+.

Long history of substance abuse and incidents too.
sounds like we need GPS and front and rear radar to help avoid collisions.

we have slow infrastructure anyway; we should have railroads with a minimum fixed Standard of 100mph.
You want things like that, and a welfare state?

Welcome to the real world where nothing gets fixed, but the "poor" are morbidly obese.

we have slow infrastructure anyway; we should have railroads with a minimum fixed Standard of 100mph.
You want things like that, and a welfare state?

Welcome to the real world where nothing gets fixed, but the "poor" are morbidly obese.
i am trying to commute our warfare-State into the welfare-State we always could have had.
Commute???
like an alchemist; but, it seems physical sciences may be making more advances than political science.

There was a case in Southern California a few years ago of a passenger train crashing into another train. Among the dead was the engineer. Turned out he was a homosexual like this Amtrak enginer. He had been letting teen boys ride in the cab with him, playing on their interest in trains. He was texting one of them when he crashed.

cite proof of your claim. they have over a billion dollars from the feds and you're telling me that couldn't afford to put in the proper system?

had the train not been speeding and obeying the speed laws, there most likely would not have been an accident.

:rolleyes:

edit: do you have a link for highlighted, i can't find any

I am not being paid to teach you how budgets and capital expenditures work.

And just scroll back to post #192 above. It has the link and the quoted text from the NTSB lead investigator.

yeah, i found the link and he didn't say what you said...he said he felt....you made it out as if he was stating fact

nice try

He was stating facts. Amtrak have the system installed on the Acela trains that run that exact same route on the same tracks. They don't have the funding to install it on every train. So yes, that is the fault of the extreme rightwing demanding that spending be slashed at the cost of American lives.

again, cite proof of your claim because the train involved was just delivered to amtrak last year.....so obviously budget concerns were not an issue

and you're still ignoring the plain fact he was going too fast....had he not been going too fast he wouldn't have needed the speed controls....causation is everything....and the speed is the direct cause

You just need someone else to blame because your greed and selfishness in demanding spending cuts just cost 7 Americans their lives.

investigators say speed is the large issue....so yeah...it's just me....:rolleyes:

btw i have asked you repeatedly to back your claim up and you steadfastly refuse to...don't go jakin on me now

prove your claim or admit you're talking out your ass

I am not being paid to teach you how budgets and capital expenditures work.

And just scroll back to post #192 above. It has the link and the quoted text from the NTSB lead investigator.

yeah, i found the link and he didn't say what you said...he said he felt....you made it out as if he was stating fact

nice try

He was stating facts. Amtrak have the system installed on the Acela trains that run that exact same route on the same tracks. They don't have the funding to install it on every train. So yes, that is the fault of the extreme rightwing demanding that spending be slashed at the cost of American lives.

again, cite proof of your claim because the train involved was just delivered to amtrak last year.....so obviously budget concerns were not an issue

and you're still ignoring the plain fact he was going too fast....had he not been going too fast he wouldn't have needed the speed controls....causation is everything....and the speed is the direct cause

You just need someone else to blame because your greed and selfishness in demanding spending cuts just cost 7 Americans their lives.

investigators say speed is the large issue....so yeah...it's just me....:rolleyes:

btw i have asked you repeatedly to back your claim up and you steadfastly refuse to...don't go jakin on me now

speed should be less of an issue with MagLev.

...The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us...
Bullet trains never crash?

Bullet trains are not practical in the US --- anyone who proposes them either 1) doesn't understand them, or 2) builds them and is trying to get rich by screwing the public.

Prove it!

LOL

when you're asked to prove it, you run away

you can't cite a single thing to substantiate your claim that more money given to amtrak would have made them install the sensors. you're full of it.

without his speeding, there would have been no accident. deal with it.

nice try

apples/oranges

nice try

Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law
so what; it can be made idiot proof; just not willful misconduct proof.

This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg
All because of lack of funding due to the Sequester.

"The president is going to try and pretend that his enemy on this is us,” said Michael Steel, a spokesman for Boehner. “His enemy is reality. The president created the sequester and insisted on it, House Republicans have acted twice to replace it. If there’s going to be a solution here, he’s going to have to work with his own political party in the Senate.”

President Obama s sequestration strategy Shame - Carrie Budoff Brown and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

i know NTPP is silly, but to deny science in this case is hilarious

Physics is just so Western-Civ-Imperialistic!

You really think the engineer of an Amtrak Acela is just a cowboy out on the rails, hmmm?
I see you also know absolutely nothing about the mass transit system in the northeast.
How are things down in the Land of Flunk where there are no passenger trains, dear?
What a stupid strawman.

""I am pointing out that no amount of money will allow a train to go 100mph on a curve that is safe for a high speed of 50mph.""

I guess you are lucky enough not to be employed by a very large corporation that tells you what to do. In fact, you sound like somebody who has never worked a job at all.

I've lived in this area for several years and the Acela Express goes that fast daily. This time around the engineer lost control. That's why stupid people like you are hearing about it now.
So you agree it's the Engineer's fault for loosing control. If you agree it's the Engineer's fault for loosing control... why are you telling everyone they are wrong it's not the Engineer's fault? I knew you were an idiot, but this takes the cake.

Forum List

Back