Massive Amtrak Crash....but who cares about our highways and trains?

I thought economy was at full speed already. With low unemployment, where would we possibly find the workers?

We can put those 5.4% of unemployed people to work! :p

How much should the government raise our taxes to pay for this?
No need to raise taxes. Take some money from our massive defense budget.

There you go....

:D

I'm all for cutting spending, however I want all spending cut. Stop the government from funding passenger rail service at the expense of the taxpayer. Let those who ride, pay for it.

We spent a trillion in stimulus money and very little went to infrastructure. Cut spending and make the government start accounting for their spending.
Thats like saying let the people who drive on our roads and go to our national parks pay for it. You dont get to opt out on what taxes you pay.

This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg
Mr. Nutter said a “black box” data recorder aboard the train had been recovered and is being analyzed at an Amtrak facility in Delaware. He said it was too soon to speculate on the cause of the accident.

In other words; You Are A Lying PIle of Shit that is using the deaths of innocent people to push your agenda.

vile fucking leftist filth

Hey, Congress voted today on legislation that should have been passed a long time ago....that would have provided equipment that would have prevented this accident, but in spite of the deaths due to this accident, Republicans don't think they need to provide the funds for the needed equipment and voted to cut funding.
How typically selfish and greedy.

Republicans don't seem to care about Americans......that's a fact, or they wouldn't be cutting funding that saves lives.

You're the vile fucking selfish rightist from what I can see.

WASHINGTON — Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives voted Wednesday to cut funding for Amtrak operations a day after a crash in Philadelphia that killed at least seven people and injured more than 50 others.

The House Appropriations Committee voted along party lines to give Amtrak $1.14 billion in the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1, $251 million less the passenger railroad's current allocation. Committee Republicans defeated two Democratic efforts to spend more money on Amtrak.

House Republicans vote to cut Amtrak funding 1 day after deadly crash NJ.com
IT WAS OPERATOR ERROR.

ROT IN HELL YOU LEFTIST ****

Bwahahaha....why you mad? Because you know I'm right.....Republicans don't give a damn about Americans, they just say they do. You all have too much hate built up......otherwise you wouldn't blurt out such hateful comments.

I won't tell you to rot in hell because I happen to care about Americans, and I hope you are one, although your attitude seems to say different.

If Republicans conservatives cared about any American, they wouldn't fudge at spending tax payer money to make things safer, instead they spend tax-payer money taking away benefits for the poor and middle-class while giving to the rich. What do you get out of that?

We can put those 5.4% of unemployed people to work! :p

There you go....

I'm all for cutting spending, however I want all spending cut. Stop the government from funding passenger rail service at the expense of the taxpayer. Let those who ride, pay for it.

We spent a trillion in stimulus money and very little went to infrastructure. Cut spending and make the government start accounting for their spending.
Thats like saying let the people who drive on our roads and go to our national parks pay for it. You dont get to opt out on what taxes you pay.

I didn't say opt out of taxes. I said the government should stop funding passenger rail service.

There you go....

I didn't say opt out of taxes. I said the government should stop funding passenger rail service.
Thats your opinion but I could say they should stop funding the repair and building of roads. Basically what you are advocating is voluntary taxation based on what you use or dont use.

There you go....

So they should stop helping fund highways?

There you go....

Thats your opinion but I could say they should stop funding the repair and building of roads. Basically what you are advocating is voluntary taxation based on what you use or dont use.

I am not advocating that at all, that is your interpretation. I am saying the government makes a decision not to fund Amtrak.

Do you approve of all government spending?

Should we subsidize Greyhound? What about subsidizing Target? Should we subsidize PBS?

There you go....

I am not advocating that at all, that is your interpretation. I am saying the government makes a decision not to fund Amtrak.

Should we subsidize Greyhound? What about subsidizing Target? Should we subsidize PBS?

Well what are you saying then?

I dont approve of all government spending. Especially unnecessary spending. I think its necessary to have a passenger rail system in a country the size of ours.

Greyhound? No there are other competitors.

Target. No. Its a store like millions of others.

PBS. Yes.

First you say this:
Republicans don't give a damn about Americans, they just say they do.
Then this:
You all have too much hate built up......otherwise you wouldn't blurt out such hateful comments.
:lol:
No matter how much you try to twist it, this accident was caused by operator error, not the GOP.
Its really interesting to me that you find some sort of contradiction in those two statements.

First you say this:
Then this:
You all have too much hate built up......otherwise you wouldn't blurt out such hateful comments.
No matter how much you try to twist it, this accident was caused by operator error, not the GOP.

First of all, what are you trying to say about my two comments? They don't contradict each other, if that is what you are thinking.

Second, I never said it was caused by the GOP....you always add crap from your imagination to what is said?

It was caused by operator, but they don't know if it was reckless or what.

And, the equipment that Amtrak would have been able to buy and install if Republicans in Congress weren't so damn ignorant, as to cut the funding, would have prevented the operator error and saved 8 lives.

See, you're not so smart, after all.

First you say this:
Then this:
First of all, what are you trying to say about my two comments? They don't contradict each other, if that is what you are thinking.
Your first statement derives directly from the mindless, partisan, bigoted hate you have for the GOP.
Surely, you see the irony.

First you say this...
Second, I never said it was caused by the GOP....you always add crap from your imagination to what is said?
Then this...
And, the equipment that Amtrak would have been able to buy and install if Republicans in Congress weren't so damn ignorant, as to cut the funding, would have prevented the operator error and saved 8 lives.

Well what are you saying then?

I dont approve of all government spending. Especially unnecessary spending. I think its necessary to have a passenger rail system in a country the size of ours.

Greyhound? No there are other competitors.

Target. No. Its a store like millions of others.

PBS. Yes.

I don't think Amtrak is necessary spending, they have other competitors, the airlines and bus lines. I understand you believe differently.

If Amtrak with no competition cannot make it, the government doesn't need to support it.

First you say this:
Then this:
Your first statement derives directly from the mindless, partisan, bigoted hate you have for the GOP.
Surely, you see the irony.
Quoting facts backed by actual occurrences is not something that is derived from mindless, partisan, bigoted hate. Conservatives blurting out hateful comments like "rot in hell" - that is bigoted hate. I have given links to articles that expose over and over how Republicans in Congress vote against the interests of the middle-class and the poor, and instead of providing links to refute it, you just compare my quotes as partisan hate and bigotry. That's desperation.

FACT: gop has not cut safety and operational spending from amtrak

FACT: amtrak has the safety device at many other locations on the rail line, but not at this one

Amtrak's lawyers have told this engineer what to say. It reminds me of the scene in Breaking Bad where Mike comes into Jesse's apartment where Jesse's girlfriend is dead from a heroin overdose. Mike said to Jesse, "Call the police. When they get here tell them you woke up, she was dead and you called 911. That's it. Don't say anything else".

As I said earlier in this thread, the engineer was doing what he was told. He doesn't set the time schedules, he just tries to meet them.

cite proof amtrak told him to speed. else, stfu

Forum List

Back