Massive Amtrak Crash....but who cares about our highways and trains?

Yurt....................it's never safe to exceed the recommended speed limit on ANY curve in ANY KIND of vehicle.

Why?

Simple..............physics and centrifugal force.

i know, but deritoro and NTPP say otherwise....why are you telling me this?

I'm agreeing with you so that they may see that there are others who have a rudimentary understanding of physics like you do and understand about centrifugal force (which deritoro and NTPP apparently don't).

:cuckoo:

You can be traveling on a road with a 45 mph speed limit that has a corner with a 25 mph speed limit. That doesn't change the speed limit for the entire road, just that corner!

and traveling twice the rated speed of the corner is acceptable to you? you're the weird one, this is public transit, not you driving yourself around a corner. if he indeed that was the speed, i can believe anyone would justify doing 107 around a corner rated at 50 mph. that is insane.

and comparing 45 to 25 shows how weird you are. you know nothing about speed.

See post #101. Amtrak knows how fast their trains travel.

Clearly, they didn't in this case. Otherwise there wouldn't be 7 dead and over 200 injured, some critically. And just think, you want the WHOLE country to be run by the government. What a moron.

OMG, you've never taken the train. Let me get out my flashcards for you, like Bill O'Reilly does.

There are set times to leave and arrive to and from stations. The train doesn't sit there and wait to fill up. The doors close 5 minutes before departure.

Everything is TIMED. Damn, just when I didn't think anyone on here could get dumber.

Talk about a moron, you are it sweetie. You are correct, I don't take the train very much. When I do it is in France. We use the Paris Metro a lot as it is so good. When we travel to London we take the train as well. From Paris to St. Pancras station is about 2.5 hours, and the cost is 69 pounds. A very good rate for the traveler, and all thanks to the car owners that subsidize the trains.

Oh poor you. I took the TGV when I was in France. You slope-heads take the subway. Ha!

So you think going twice the speed you should have been on that curve might have a bit more to do with the crash than infrastructure?

actually fool, i am not on the right and believe we should have high speed rails similar to europe.

the fact is, the OP blamed current infrastructure for the crash, now we find out it is likely to be speed and NOTHING to do with infrastructure.

Sadly I think we are going to see something was up.
The train was going double the speed limit for that area of the track.
Did the engineer fall asleep? Drunk? Intoxicated otherwise?
That is one colossal fuck up.
Multiple manslaughter and reckless homicide might be in that man's future.

looks like this thread is going to be a massive embarrassment for NTTP

Investigators: Train in deadly wreck was going over 100 mph

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Amtrak train that crashed in Philadelphia, killing at least seven people, was hurtling at more than 100 mph before it ran off the rails along a sharp curve where the speed limit is just 50 mph, federal investigators said Wednesday.

Investigators Train in deadly wreck was going over 100 mph - Yahoo News

Hours after recovering the locomotive's data recorder, the National Transportation Safety Board tweeted that the train "exceeded 100 mph" before jumping the tracks in a decayed industrial neighborhood not far from the Delaware River shortly after 9 p.m.

The finding appeared to corroborate an Associated Press analysis of surveillance video from a spot along the tracks. The AP concluded from the footage that the train was speeding at approximately 107 mph moments before it entered the curve.

The speed limit is 70 mph just before the bend, the Federal Railroad Administration said.

so much for derideo's claim that 100 is perfectly acceptable for that area of the route....and so much for the OP's claim about infrastructure....

pretty sad to use deaths like this to further your political agenda...couldn't even wait until more information came, just immediately went on a political rampage and started blaming everyone on the right....

Yurt....................it's never safe to exceed the recommended speed limit on ANY curve in ANY KIND of vehicle.

Why?

I'm agreeing with you so that they may see that there are others who have a rudimentary understanding of physics like you do and understand about centrifugal force (which deritoro and NTPP apparently don't).

This has nothing to do with science. It's the same method that Southwest Airlines uses: turn the ship around and make as many trips as you can by keeping the ship in transit and not on the tarmac or in the terminal, therefore increasing your bottom line profits.

We've already funded an automated system, to set
This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg
This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

(140 injured)

We need a pipeline...
We already paid for the improvements to automate the speed of Amtrak, you dumb ass piece of shit.

Want to post a link or just continue to spew pixelated methane?

GOP Appropriators Cut $250 Million of Grants for Amtrak Capital Investments
May 13, 2015, 3:12 PM ET
By JOHN PARKINSON
GOP Appropriators Cut 250 Million of Grants for Amtrak Capital Investments - ABC News
Google it yourself you dumb ass.

Why?

This has nothing to do with science. It's the same method that Southwest Airlines uses: turn the ship around and make as many trips as you can by keeping the ship in transit and not on the tarmac or in the terminal, therefore increasing your bottom line profits.

Uh. You poor befuddled booby. SW's ability to "make as many trips" as possible is limited by the laws of physics (SCIENCE!).

Just as the train's ability to navigate a curve was affected by PHYSICS! SCIENCE!

Clearly, you are a SCIENCE DENIER.

Why?

actually the object in this case wants to keep moving in a straight line

in this case the object did not want to be drawn away from a center of rotation

Why?

Momentum's a bitch.

The death toll is now 7 with 200 injured.
Certainly the Right doesn't care about infrastructure .. they just cut AMTRAK funding.
I heard on TV that the US spends 1.7% of the budget on infrastructure, Europe 5%, China 6%.
If you travel, the difference is obvious.

And I do. Huge difference. U.S. train system sucks. Amtrak is pinched, not getting funding and so they are cutting corners and....curves....in order to compensate.
The Acela Express will knock you off your feet if you are standing on a platform when it passes. This is not news, this high speed.

Why?

Momentum's a bitch.

You people just don't get it. This is not about physics. It's about profits. Or rather, lack thereof.

(140 injured)

It didn't take long to blame the infrastructure. Won't be long until they pin it on republicans.

and traveling twice the rated speed of the corner is acceptable to you? you're the weird one, this is public transit, not you driving yourself around a corner. if he indeed that was the speed, i can believe anyone would justify doing 107 around a corner rated at 50 mph. that is insane.

and comparing 45 to 25 shows how weird you are. you know nothing about speed.

See post #101. Amtrak knows how fast their trains travel.

Clearly, they didn't in this case. Otherwise there wouldn't be 7 dead and over 200 injured, some critically. And just think, you want the WHOLE country to be run by the government. What a moron.

OMG, you've never taken the train. Let me get out my flashcards for you, like Bill O'Reilly does.

There are set times to leave and arrive to and from stations. The train doesn't sit there and wait to fill up. The doors close 5 minutes before departure.

Everything is TIMED. Damn, just when I didn't think anyone on here could get dumber.

Talk about a moron, you are it sweetie. You are correct, I don't take the train very much. When I do it is in France. We use the Paris Metro a lot as it is so good. When we travel to London we take the train as well. From Paris to St. Pancras station is about 2.5 hours, and the cost is 69 pounds. A very good rate for the traveler, and all thanks to the car owners that subsidize the trains.

Oh poor you. I took the TGV when I was in France. You slope-heads take the subway. Ha!

Wow, and you're a racist too! Who woulda thunk it? As far as the TGV go's, well it doesn't go where we want to go....so we drive. We have relatives in Joigny, Sens, Millau and all those nice places where the TGV doesn't stop.

And, for the record because you are clearly too stupid to realize it...the TGV is inter city, not inter Paris. If you want to zip around Paris, the Metro is THE way to do it. Much as I like cars, on the Metro you can get from one point in Paris, to any other point in Paris in 35 minutes or less. We own a flat on the Ile Saint-Louis and we can walk to the Metro station on the Ile De La Cite in 7 minutes. From there it is 15 minutes to the flea market in Marche aux Puces where we normally hang out.

The death toll is now 7 with 200 injured.
Certainly the Right doesn't care about infrastructure .. they just cut AMTRAK funding.
I heard on TV that the US spends 1.7% of the budget on infrastructure, Europe 5%, China 6%.
If you travel, the difference is obvious.

And I do. Huge difference. U.S. train system sucks. Amtrak is pinched, not getting funding and so they are cutting corners and....curves....in order to compensate.
The Acela Express will knock you off your feet if you are standing on a platform when it passes. This is not news, this high speed.
You're an idiot.

Typical unlearned response from a right wing uni-brow.

Why?

Momentum's a bitch.

You people just don't get it. This is not about physics. It's about profits. Or rather, lack thereof.

Okay. How much money does it cost to make a train successfully travel at 100mph+ on a curve rated for safety at 50mph?

Why?

Momentum's a bitch.

Bullcrap, it's about gross incompetence, coupled with the immutable law of physics. Leave it to a clueless anti science moron, such as yourself, to not understand that.

Why?

Momentum's a bitch.

You libtards and your dumb ass demands for public transportation that we don't want caused these deaths... Good Job Democrats. FYI democrats were in charge of both houses of congress for two years... what did we get? High speed rail? No. New nuclear power plants? No. We got SHOVEL READY CRAP.

Forum List

Back