Matt Lauer fired for sexual misconduct ?

Its good for the nation. Cleansing idiotic men with abnormal urges. We can all hope this is a daily thing especially gratifying when its an elected official or an uber wealthy person.

Since when was wanting to get your dick wet an abnormal urge?

Its good for the nation. Cleansing idiotic men with abnormal urges. We can all hope this is a daily thing especially gratifying when its an elected official or an uber wealthy person.

I have no idea, my penis is always ready to dive into a pool.. I thought it was how real men acted...

It may turn out we are all sexual deviants... :coffee:
What I think is that all of these people, men and women, need training in how to avoid sexual harassment, as the agressor or the receiver. Women can be the agressor too, let's not forget that. People need to learn how to behave.

I have no idea, my penis is always ready to dive into a pool.. I thought it was how real men acted...
Real men have taste and discernment and don't just dive in no matter what.

What I think is that all of these people, men and women, need training in how to avoid sexual harassment, as the agressor or the receiver. Women can be the agressor too, let's not forget that. People need to learn how to behave.
They just don't play the role of aggressor enough for me, I'm always getting the business end of the deal....

I've found out that women and men are all the same and serious investment emotionally is not wise...

NBC News chairman Andrew Lack said in a memo to staff that it was the first complaint lodged against Lauer in his career at the network. But he said "we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident."
that part bugs the shit out of me. unless i totally misread this, he's saying:

"we've never had this problem with him before and no one has ever said a word about his conduct til today. but since we're in an uber-hyped-up-bullshit-mob-justice mode, we see no reason to question the woman. i mean, after all, woman have been hiding this for decades..."

the backlash of this will be strong in a few years if we don't cut it out.we're literally foregoing any form of verification while creating a time where we ENCOURAGE people to come out and say ME TOO!!!! and if anyone has seen revenge of the nerds, they come out in droves when given the spotlight.

if this is true, good. keep them falling. but i would hope that we do some digging and not just run with the fad.
I think what it means is that they have heard of problems in the past but this is the first time there has been a formal complaint, which is why they are taking it very seriously. It is very difficult for women to make formal sexual harassment complaints: they either become labelled as a trouble maker and don't get promotions or important assignments or they get fired outright. So they decided to believe the 'rumors' they had been hearing about for some time.

Sexual harassment awareness training isn't going to do a damned thing. Most large companies already have mandatory training, and these guys know they're doing wrong. The only thing that will work is if men stop getting away with it. In order for that to happen, women need to report it when it happens. In order for that to happen, the women need to be taken at their word and the allegations need to be fairly investigated. In order for that to happen? A whole different attitude at the top about this type of behavior. Until now, it has been condoned by keeping the perps protected with silence and pay offs, or dragging the accuser through the mud for daring to speak up.

I too am concerned that people are being fired BEFORE claims are looked into--but in the case of NBC and probably the others, the claims actually were pretty carefully looked at prior to making the decision. We just didn't know about it until the announcement.
They're not just saying "You're fired" the instant a woman comes into HR and says So and So groped me.

NBC News chairman Andrew Lack said in a memo to staff that it was the first complaint lodged against Lauer in his career at the network. But he said "we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident."
that part bugs the shit out of me. unless i totally misread this, he's saying:

"we've never had this problem with him before and no one has ever said a word about his conduct til today. but since we're in an uber-hyped-up-bullshit-mob-justice mode, we see no reason to question the woman. i mean, after all, woman have been hiding this for decades..."

the backlash of this will be strong in a few years if we don't cut it out.we're literally foregoing any form of verification while creating a time where we ENCOURAGE people to come out and say ME TOO!!!! and if anyone has seen revenge of the nerds, they come out in droves when given the spotlight.

if this is true, good. keep them falling. but i would hope that we do some digging and not just run with the fad.
I think what it means is that they have heard of problems in the past but this is the first timethere has been a formal complaint, which is shy they are taking it very seriously. It is very difficult for women to make formal sexual harassment complaints, they either become labled as a trouble maker and don't get promotions or important assignments or they get fired outright. So they decided to believe the 'rumors' they had been hearing about for some time.
possibly. when i say "i hope so" i mean i hope they have more proof than a single accusation, not i hope he did it. :)

i totally understand the issues in coming forward with it, but as usual we tend to go from one extreme to the other and create a "parade the victim" around for their "courage" and that leads to a lot of people making a mountain out of a mole hill so they can be recognized for their struggle also.

Huh.....

Didnt hillary get furious after Lauer questioned her and threw shit sfter that interview last year?

Now wondering if Harvey crossed the clintons.

Sexual harassment awareness training isn't going to do a damned thing. Most large companies already have mandatory training, and these guys know they're doing wrong. The only thing that will work is if men stop getting away with it. In order for that to happen, women need to report it when it happens. In order for that to happen, the women need to be taken at their word and the allegations need to be fairly investigated. In order for that to happen? A whole different attitude at the top about this type of behavior. Until now, it has been condoned by keeping the perps protected with silence and pay offs, or dragging the accuser through the mud for daring to speak up.
I wonder if there is video of Lauer condemning his fellow abusers Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes. That would be priceless.

I've found out that women and men are all the same and serious investment emotionally is not wise...
:doubt:

It's odd there's not been any deliberation in any of these accusations. On top of that, no facts after the matter.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
He's been fired.

Matt Lauer fired from NBC News

Matt Lauer was fired from NBC News on Wednesday after an employee filed a complaint about "inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace," the network announced.

Matt Lauer fired from NBC News after complaint about 'inappropriate sexual behavior'
/——/ These media types make so much money, why not spend a few thousand on a hooker and know there will be no complaints? Leave the staff alone.
waiting for hookers to claim harassment next up.

I wonder if there is video of Lauer condemning his fellow abusers Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes. That would be priceless.

He's been fired.

Matt Lauer fired from NBC News

Matt Lauer was fired from NBC News on Wednesday after an employee filed a complaint about "inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace," the network announced.

Matt Lauer fired from NBC News after complaint about 'inappropriate sexual behavior'
/——/ These media types make so much money, why not spend a few thousand on a hooker and know there will be no complaints? Leave the staff alone.
All men should be made to watch Fatal Attraction once a month.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt...lly-assaulted-female-staffer-during-olympics/

Matt Lauer allegedly sexually assaulted a female NBC staffer during the Rio Olympics, sources told Page Six.

The staffer, who has not been named and wishes to remain anonymous, complained to NBC News bosses yesterday, prompting them to move fast and fire him.
----------------
happened in the summer
she talks about it now that ME TOO is trending so heavily
he's fired

THEN we go look for supporting evidence.

Forum List

Back