Maui Burning

Only when the flames or flood is at your front door will you make a realization. Until then, you'll do what you do. It's another instance of the republican thinking "until it happened to me, I had no idea it was possible".
From Scientific American...

The stage was set by drought conditions across various parts of the state’s islands, especially Maui. “This is the time of year when we start to dry out,” Bohlin says. That typical dryness has been exacerbated by weaker-than-normal trade winds that have kept rain away, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor. Drought dries out grasses and other vegetation, making them more likely to ignite in a wildfire.

But by all means...keep spreading the bullshit.

From Scientific American...

The stage was set by drought conditions across various parts of the state’s islands, especially Maui. “This is the time of year when we start to dry out,” Bohlin says. That typical dryness has been exacerbated by weaker-than-normal trade winds that have kept rain away, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor. Drought dries out grasses and other vegetation, making them more likely to ignite in a wildfire.

But by all means...keep spreading the bullshit.
Sea surface temperature affects the strength of the trade winds.

And have for the last 4.6 billion years.

Not exactly news.
The ocean is warming due to climate change. The ocean affects trade winds. This lack of wind helped keep the rain away, thus the current situation in Hawaii. Cant believe I have to spell it out for you.

You may also be surprised to note that if the ice in the North Pole region were to melt at an increased rate, it would cause a drastic effect on sea currents, plunging Europe into drastically colder weather. Still, that would be caused by the Earth warming. I realize these types of things are difficult for someone like you to understand, but it's science.

Oh OK, a wildfire, I thought maybe a volcano had cut loose.

I see they are already blaming it on "climate change".

Keyword phrases invoked in media thus far that I've seen have been with regard to ''essential and non-essential activity.''

Relevant reading...

''Many aspects of the COVID-19 response are similar to the types of changes we need as part of a comprehensive climate-change response...''

The ocean is warming due to climate change. The ocean affects trade winds. This lack of wind helped keep the rain away, thus the current situation in Hawaii. Cant believe I have to spell it out for you.

You may also be surprised to note that if the ice in the North Pole region were to melt at an increased rate, it would cause a drastic effect on sea currents, plunging Europe into drastically colder weather. Still, that would be caused by the Earth warming. I realize these types of things are difficult for someone like you to understand, but it's science.

From Climate.org ...

Can we prevent El Niño and La Niña from occurring?

No, El Niño and La Niña are naturally occurring climate patterns and humans have no direct ability to influence their onset, intensity, or duration.

Does global warming affect El Niño and La Niña?

There are many ways in which global warming could (<<<weasel word) affect the frequency and intensity of El Niño / La Niña (see this ENSO blog post, for example), but scientists currently have low confidence in their ability to predict exactly how a warmer world affect the ENSO. Scientists have high confidence, however, that ENSO itself has been occurring for thousands of years, and will continue into the future.

From Climate.org ...

Can we prevent El Niño and La Niña from occurring?

No, El Niño and La Niña are naturally occurring climate patterns and humans have no direct ability to influence their onset, intensity, or duration.

Does global warming affect El Niño and La Niña?

There are many ways in which global warming could (weasel word) affect the frequency and intensity of El Niño / La Niña (see this ENSO blog post, for example), but scientists currently have low confidence in their ability to predict exactly how a warmer world affect the ENSO. Scientists have high confidence, however, that ENSO itself has been occurring for thousands of years, and will continue into the future.
While El Nino is occurring this year, that does not preclude ocean water surface temps from also rising due to climate change.

Fires in Canada....tornadoes in the mid west...fires in Maui....and climate change is a hoax. Ask trump.

While El Nino is occurring this year, that does not preclude ocean water surface temps from also rising due to climate change.

So the fuck what? The climate has been changing for 4.5 billion fucking years. CHANGE ISN'T BAD.

Just since the last fucking ice age it's gone up and down a couple dozen fucking times. No amount of throwing fucking money at the problem or forcing people to buy EV's is going to change ANY OF THIS.

1-s2.0-S1674987116300305-gr1.jpg

Last edited:
You're brainwashed my Dude.

You have ZERO evidence that manmade warming is having ANY impact on ocean temperatures.

You have ZERO evidence that a rise in ocean temperatures REDUCES trade winds.

You have ZERO evidence that dry conditions in Hawaii have ANYTHING to do with Global Warming.

And you have ZERO evidence that Global Warming had any impact on wildfires in Hawaii.

It's just something you regurgitate anytime anything happens in the world.

We should treat these unscientific claims exactly how the media reports on Trump...

"John Doe 101 claims WITHOUT EVIDENCE that climate change is directly responsible for a wildfire in Maui."

Forum List

Back