Maui Burning

I don't think anyone disputes that the climate changes.

What we dispute is that we as species are responsible for it, or have any avenue to reverse it.

When my Grandmother (born in 1897) rode the wagon to the schoolhouse in southern PA, they often got lost because the snow was higher than the fenceposts along to road.

My Grandad (born 1994) talks about the year with no summer and the time it snowed in the 4th of July in Maryland.

Below is a picture of the snow plowed up in Keyser's Ridge Maryland (Old US-40...now I-68 exit 14) in 1938. Almost as high as the telephone poles.

View attachment 813239

That was normal at the time.

So just keep polluting because there is nothing we can do about it anyway? LOL!

Of course.

Maybe they allowed it, so they could claim it was “climate change”?
I'd not put it past them. More like the Pineapple Mafia looking to buy up prime real-estate.

climate-change-matches-when-narrative-isnt-working.jpg

I'd not put it past them. More like the Pineapple Mafia looking to buy up prime real-estate.

It was. Dole sold out. Pineapple fields disappeared to make way for more resorts and condos and housing. Maui has been haunted with drought for some time now except the other side, like Hana. But even that area is no longer safe.
Too many people using the proverbial bathrooms and not enough plumbing, so to speak. The world over.

So just keep polluting because there is nothing we can do about it anyway? LOL!
You want me on your side then tell me what you can prove...trying to bamboozle us with bullshit turns us 100% against you.

Well, this sucks. Lahaina is gone..or so news sources say and people that live there. ALL boats in the harbor are destroyed. People jumping in the ocean to escape the flames. Dead people laying in the street (that were not checked to see if they were dead and PRESUMED to be so. What if they just passed out from smoke inhalation?) . No no..just drive by and say "she can't be helped" without getting out of their car as they film. Jeez.
Anyway..shades of Paradise. I love that island, and especially that town. Gone. And the oldest tree on the island probably gone too...the famous Banyan tree. So many good memories...gone, like Paradise. So damn sad.

So sad! I too loved Lahaina, and all of Maui. The best vacay the hubby and I have ever had!

It's hard to believe the town is basically GONE! :(

You want me on your side then tell me what you can prove...trying to bamboozle us with bullshit turns us 100% against you.
I dont care whose side you're on. Just dont sit here trying to discuss policy when you dont live in reality. You think you're being "bamboozled" because you dont agree with 99% of scientists and evidently you think the 1% crackpots are correct. Just like on every other issue.

This song makes mention of Lahaina beauty (new paradise resort)..... :(

Last edited:

It was. Dole sold out. Pineapple fields disappeared to make way for more resorts and condos and housing. Maui has been haunted with drought for some time now except the other side, like Hana. But even that area is no longer safe.
Too many people using the proverbial bathrooms and not enough plumbing, so to speak. The world over.

A few have mentioned arson. Funny and not haha funny either, how such a vicious fire could jump from place to place like it did in Paradise. Multiple homes destroyed but right next door to those, were homes not touched. I think I read somewhere that the fire started in the southwest of town of 26k people, and was going 3 football field lengths per MINUTE. How can that be? Unless......

Same with looking at the pics of Front Street in Lahaina. All torched..but some not. Makes ya wonder.

Prayers up for the Catastrophe striking in the Great State of Hawaii. I'm so sad to see the images in the news and hear of so many deaths. I hope the fires get contained and that they recover more survivors. :hands:

Speaking of that beautiful 150 year old banyan tree the island took care of for so long...MAY still be alive. Some have tweeted that they were told by others that they could see it clearly after the smoke smoothed out...and its still green at the tippy top highest part. And it has not fallen. This, I believe is a good sign. Trees in Paradise still standing, had life still. Not long after the rains came..which I believe was a day or two later after the fire...and the ground got drenched for a month or so...began to sprout out shoots. Life. Deep in the roots. LIFE. That old girl just might not be ready to give it up yet, burned though she is.

And her survival will give hope to those who WILL rebuild once the shock wears off.

I dont care whose side you're on. Just dont sit here trying to discuss policy when you dont live in reality. You think you're being "bamboozled" because you dont agree with 99% of scientists and evidently you think the 1% crackpots are correct. Just like on every other issue.
You don't live in reality, fucktard, and stop twatting up this thread.

You lie when you claim 99% of scientists agree. At that point your opinion means nothing at all.

You are a PROVEN propagandist.

Worthy of nothing but disdain

Pet Pot Belly Pig in front of a shop located on Front St...and me luring it out to sit beside me.

I've gone to Maui so many times, always staying very near Front Street so I could have my burger at Cheeseburger In Paradise, even the Budget Car rental people always said "Hey there (called me by name)! About time. You're late this year. I'd go once a year for over 15 years. Me, Dennis, my friend Marie. Always us 3.

f517d994600c9ebf0f91982564aeb5d0.jpg

My shop in Morro Bay Calif. Was on a plane home from one of my many trips and said to Dennis..."I wonder when we will get another Maui mood?". And the lightbulb went off over my head, lol.

c9cd9117646cd1912fd5bb1ddfea8301.jpg

Forum List

Back