Maybe I'm beginning to understand this Trump thing

The OP actually has a reasonable point. I'm not a Trump supporter (he's too Liberal for me), but I would rather see him burn the entire system to the ground and rebuild from there rather than to let it continue to disintegrate on its own, knowing that nobody out there really wants to fix it.

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.
Sooo..., kids throwing a tantrum? Go to your room until you learn to vote properly! :biggrin:
For Hillary?

I changed affiliation just because of her.

Vote properly?

At least give me a candidate I can vote for.

Now, what are we waiting for? Drain the swamp!
Don't hold your breath!
He is not going to drain the swamp. He is going to make it bigger.

Only if the American people don't stand behind him.
Did you stand behind him when he selected Tillerson to run the State Dept.?
Some think since Tillerson is of and by Exxon, he is planning to start a war with Russia to eliminate energy competition from Russia.

Seems plausible.

Watch what Trump does in Poland, assuming we poor peons can find out what he does there.

Don't hold your breath!

Some think since Tillerson is of and by Exxon, he is planning to start a war with Russia to eliminate energy competition from Russia.

Seems plausible.

Watch what Trump does in Poland, assuming we poor peons can find out what he does there.
That is the point I am trying to make. You know. He is not draining the swamp, he is removing the middlemen.

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.
Sooo..., kids throwing a tantrum? Go to your room until you learn to vote properly! :biggrin:

There needs to be an alternative.

Hillary the Hag - sad really.

Don't hold your breath!

Seems plausible.

That is the point I am trying to make. You know. He is not draining the swamp, he is removing the middlemen.
What better way to remove the middlemen, than to start a big war?

Thanks for that video, I watched it, probably one of the most articulate pro-Trump arguments I've seen, when that annoying interviewer would just shut the fuck up and let him talk.
The one problem with your conclusion is that you assume Trump is doing damage. He's really not.
I get that, I think. But here's the problem, guys - You're separating the behaviors from the issues. That's difficult enough to do with, say, the CEO of a corporation. When one of them acts crazy, it damages the company and its stock price regardless of any success. But we're talking about an entirely different world here. When it comes to the Presidency of the US, trying to separate the two is essentially impossible, there is simply too much at stake on not just a national, but global basis. This stuff is not happening in a vacuum.

To put it another way, he won't be able to get anything done if he makes himself so toxic that even his own people won't go near him. He doesn't have to do this. He can just NOT DO IT. He's hurting himself and his/your goals. But he still gets cheered on, on that's why I came this conclusion.

That's not it at all.

Don't forget I didn't start out as a Trump fan. I'm a Cruz fan. I was delighted hitlery lost, I still am in fact. I have a smile on my face as I type this.

I did not expect Trump to follow through. He has, I'm converted to his side unless he goes moonbat on guns.

The moonbats have been in a constant state of rage since 2000. It ebbed somewhat when they had a messiah, but now they're a rudderless mob. It's funny to watch. They're in a fury because their hag lost, no matter what Trump does they will shriek. He could give them "free" HC and college, they'll piss and moan we aren't funding the entire hemisphere.

The meat puppet faggot destroyed all dignity of the office. He reduced the standing of our nation and even undermined the stability of the world.

The world knows the bullshit is coming to an end with Trump, but it would have been if anyone else beat hitlery. I do Trust that Trump intends to usher in a greater and more prosperous future for as much of the population that chooses to contribute to the market. If he makes it happen bed wetters will still whine. It's about results and Trump has delivered a few. All of which were better than obozo ever did.

My God Mac, was figuring out populism really that difficult? Now, try to figure out what melodrama is.

The one problem with your conclusion is that you assume Trump is doing damage. He's really not. How valuable is the image of the president really? How valuable or productive is a stuffed shirt in the WH? It's not really valuable or important. I do like that he pisses off his enemies, they are my enemies too, but more important is what he is doing, not what he is saying.

I love most of what he has done so far.

He's actually fairly moderate compared to his sworn enemies re politics. I just ignore the 'brash New Yorker' bombast, a common personality trait among older New York City natives that many haven't been exposed to and are terrified of for some reason, probably because of their Snowflake indoctrination.

Don't know many who voted for him who claim he's was going to be some kind of Savior; that sort of stupid phoniness is what the Obamas and Hillarys want everybody to think they are, despite the fact they have less than zero credibility nor any kind of real record they can point to. Remember it was Obama who ran around schooling us on how we should be fine with the AIG criminals getting their huge bonuses after the $150 billion bailout of their swindling and frauds while out of the other side of his mouth he was informing all the 'deplorables' how they needed to 'tighten their belts n stuff'; his telling GM workers they needed to work for far less, after carrying water for corrupt CEOs and lying salesmen peddling worthless paper to pension funds and savers, was particularly hilarious.

In any case, we know Democrats are not 'progressives', and they aren't 'liberals', they're just corrupt vermin who will say anything to get votes, endorse the assassination of police officers, conduct pogroms against little people for the crime of self-defense, loot taxpayers to feed racist neo-fascists, promote wide open borders, ally with terrorist vermin against our foreign allies, promote racist hate crimes against people because of their color, attempt to shut down free speech, conduct a war on Xians while endorsing a violent political ideology that has murdered millions upon millions and stones women to death for getting raped and other wonderful pastimes, all the good stuff that progressives and other sexual deviants and sociopaths love and hold dear to their lil black hearts.

The GOP establishment merely wants to steal your money and go play golf. It was certainly an easy choice for me to make, especially given how blatantly and shamelessly the MSM lied and shilled for Hillary.

Last edited:

Mac, I think you are still missing the point. Maybe you need to get over your butthurt of everyone not thinking you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Let's say we flip the script. The Democrats went off the deep end and nominated Bernie and the GOP was sensible and nominated Jeb!

You'd still see the same players here on USMB backing the same sides. I despise Bernie but I'd have still voted for him over Jeb! because the last thing I want is another Bush showing us how bad they can fuck things up. (I might have voted for Kasich, if the GOP nominated him, though).

What I do think that 2016 represented was a frustration with politics as usual on both sides. Not because anyone was 'fanning the flames", but because problems aren't getting solved or addressed. I think that explains both Bernie and Trump.

The real danger isn't that Trump and Bernie aren't dangerous clowns. They are. The real danger is that people have kind of given up on small d democracy.

As long as President Trump puts two, three of four strict Constitutionalists on the SC bench I don't give a fuck what he does or doesn't do while in office.
I do know he's got the attention of a lot of bad actors on the world stage.
These bastards now actually listen when President Trump tells them to wise up OR ELSE!

By the end of his first term the LIB MSM are going to be putting on Lassie Come Home rer-re-reruns instead of attacking the President 24/7.

by the same token the left would rather crash n burn than work together or help trump with anything.

theyd rather free law breaking illegals than turn them over to ice.

both sidescare doing a lot of screaming if you take,your own dog out of the race.

My God Mac, was figuring out populism really that difficult? Now, try to figure out what melodrama is.

What's hilarious is Democrats running around babbling all their populist rhetoric while trying to tell us 'populism and nationalism is bad'. Their base is truly stupid.

Are you saying I wasn't far off?

Also, I looked up "Populism", and this is what I got:

noun

1. the political philosophy of the People's party.
2.(lowercase) any of various, often antiestablishment or anti-intellectual political movements or philosophies that offer unorthodox solutions or policies and appeal to the common person rather than according with traditional party or partisan ideologies.
3.(lowercase) grass-roots democracy; working-class activism; egalitarianism.
4.(lowercase) representation or extolling of the common person, the working class, the underdog, etc.:populism in the arts.

Do you feel that, when it comes specifically to his behaviors, that Trump is a good and positive representative of Populism?

BTW voters in many countries are pissed off at their governments on a scale I've not witnessed before. Citizens are righteously angry with their politicians.

And they probably should be. But they should really be pissed off at themselves.

Here's the real problem.

People want government to do all this stuff, and they don't want to pay for it or follow any rules to make it happen.

As long as President Trump puts two, three of four strict Constitutionalists on the SC bench I don't give a fuck what he does or doesn't do while in office.
I do know he's got the attention of a lot of bad actors on the world stage.
These bastards now actually listen when President Trump tells them to wise up OR ELSE!

By the end of his first term the LIB MSM are going to be putting on Lassie Come Home rer-re-reruns instead of attacking the President 24/7.

I'm not a fan of strict Constitutionalism, but I would far rather have those than three more racist America-hating deviants like Ginzberg and Sotomayer, so yeah, that is the other big giant plus in Trump's favor.

Forum List

Back