Maybe I'm beginning to understand this Trump thing

The one problem with your conclusion is that you assume Trump is doing damage. He's really not. How valuable is the image of the president really? How valuable or productive is a stuffed shirt in the WH? It's not really valuable or important. I do like that he pisses off his enemies, they are my enemies too, but more important is what he is doing, not what he is saying.

I love most of what he has done so far.

Of course you do. Most sensible people look at his Foxes in charge of the henhouse policies, where banks and insurance companies can roam free to screw over consumers, and are kind of horrified.

When your insurance company can declare your cancer a pre-existing condition, tell me about your "Freedom", bud.

As far I'm concerned, the "fuck you" was aimed at the fascism of political correctness.

That he continues to act in such politically incorrect ways as he does is just a continuation of the theme.

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.
My God Mac, was figuring out populism really that difficult? Now, try to figure out what melodrama is.
Are you saying I wasn't far off?

Also, I looked up "Populism", and this is what I got:

noun

1. the political philosophy of the People's party.
2.(lowercase) any of various, often antiestablishment or anti-intellectual political movements or philosophies that offer unorthodox solutions or policies and appeal to the common person rather than according with traditional party or partisan ideologies.
3.(lowercase) grass-roots democracy; working-class activism; egalitarianism.
4.(lowercase) representation or extolling of the common person, the working class, the underdog, etc.:populism in the arts.

Do you feel that, when it comes specifically to his behaviors, that Trump is a good and positive representative of Populism?

When you have 3 lobbyists for literally every Congressman and Senator just for the banking industry alone, do you think it's 'dangerous populism' to want to counteract that? How about wanting to oppose the fake 'globalism' rhetoric about it being about 'free trade' when all it is really about is labor racketeering and transfer pricing for big companies? does opposing that scam make one a 'dangerous populist and nationalist', too?

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.
by the same token the left would rather crash n burn than work together or help trump with anything.

theyd rather free law breaking illegals than turn them over to ice.

both sidescare doing a lot of screaming if you take,your own dog out of the race.
I'm seeing two dynamics here from the Democrats: First, the standard partisan bullshit that is played when the other "side" is in office (and they STILL haven't figured out the role they themselves played in making that happen), and second, the same "holy shit, what the fuck has happened here" reaction that I have.

If he had just come into office, shit-canned the childish behaviors, put his head down and gotten to work, we could be debating the merits of his individual initiatives. Instead, he has remained the same embarrassing man-child he was during the campaign. I'd much rather be discussing the issues, but the behaviors cannot be ignored, because behaviors illustrate a person's temperament, and the Leader of the Free World has to have a stable temperament. He is bringing this on himself.

The one problem with your conclusion is that you assume Trump is doing damage. He's really not. How valuable is the image of the president really? How valuable or productive is a stuffed shirt in the WH? It's not really valuable or important. I do like that he pisses off his enemies, they are my enemies too, but more important is what he is doing, not what he is saying.

I love most of what he has done so far.

Of course you do. Most sensible people look at his Foxes in charge of the henhouse policies, where banks and insurance companies can roam free to screw over consumers, and are kind of horrified.

When your insurance company can declare your cancer a pre-existing condition, tell me about your "Freedom", bud.

Yeah, and Hillary and Obama were 'helping da people' ... lol what a tool.

My God Mac, was figuring out populism really that difficult? Now, try to figure out what melodrama is.
Are you saying I wasn't far off?

Also, I looked up "Populism", and this is what I got:

noun

1. the political philosophy of the People's party.
2.(lowercase) any of various, often antiestablishment or anti-intellectual political movements or philosophies that offer unorthodox solutions or policies and appeal to the common person rather than according with traditional party or partisan ideologies.
3.(lowercase) grass-roots democracy; working-class activism; egalitarianism.
4.(lowercase) representation or extolling of the common person, the working class, the underdog, etc.:populism in the arts.

Do you feel that, when it comes specifically to his behaviors, that Trump is a good and positive representative of Populism?

When you have 3 lobbyists for literally every Congressman and Senator just for the banking industry alone, do you think it's 'dangerous populism' to want to counteract that? How about wanting to oppose the fake 'globalism' rhetoric about it being about 'free trade' when all it is really about is labor racketeering and transfer pricing for big companies? does opposing that scam make one a 'dangerous populist and nationalist', too?
It's not the philosophy, it's the behaviors.

by the same token the left would rather crash n burn than work together or help trump with anything.

both sidescare doing a lot of screaming if you take,your own dog out of the race.
I'm seeing two dynamics here from the Democrats: First, the standard partisan bullshit that is played when the other "side" is in office (and they STILL haven't figured out the role they themselves played in making that happen), and second, the same "holy shit, what the fuck has happened here" reaction that I have.

If he had just come into office, shit-canned the childish behaviors, put his head down and gotten to work, we could be debating the merits of his individual initiatives. Instead, he has remained the same embarrassing man-child he was during the campaign. I'd much rather be discussing the issues, but the behaviors cannot be ignored, because behaviors illustrate a person's temperament, and the Leader of the Free World has to have a stable temperament. He is bringing this on himself.

Well, his 'childish behavior' is no worse than Hillary's or Obama's, it's just out in public, and the media hates hates how he can work around them and make them look like the ignorant pompous uneducated hack morons most of them are in real life, that's all.

Well, his 'childish behavior' is no worse than Hillary's or Obama's, it's just out in public, and the media hates hates how he can work around them and make them look like the ignorant pompous uneducated hack morons most of them are in real life, that's all.
Well, we'll never agree there. Neither Obama nor Hillary ever acted like this, not even close, and the list of examples I could cite is very long.

In short, most Trump supporters are no different than radicalized Muslims, Timothy McVeigh or Theodore John Kaczynski.

Well, we'll never agree there. Neither Obama nor Hillary ever acted like this, not even close, and the list of examples I could cite is very long.

No, they committed crimes as quietly as possible.

I'll stick with the clown.

It's kinda like the liberals who hate McDonald's because it's a capitalist trademark, but use childhood obesity as another excuse to hate it.

I still stick with the clown. People should be free to eat what they can afford.

That's the difference between a moonbat and myself. I'm siding with people who appear to be making an effort to roll back regressive government thus promoting freedom.

Last edited:

Actually they were worse; their public image was entirely fake, and the list for that is very long as well. They're entirely narcissistic sociopaths who make Trump look like the Jimmy Stuart character in 'A Wonderful Life'.

You just equated Trump to a terrorist. American hating, out to destroy America, terrorist. On independence day no less. :popcorn:

He is to most of us, i.e. a terrorist. To some he may be a freedom fighter, but FF's don't generally seek to create an internecine; Trump has from day one exacerbated the great divide among our people.

That is the last thing a leader should strive for, as it is destructive to all.

In short, most Trump supporters are no different than radicalized Muslims, Timothy McVeigh or Theodore John Kaczynski.

Says a nutjob who thinks we shouldn't worry about Islmao-vermin in the U.S. until terrorist attacks become 'normal'. lol yeah you're really scoring here ...

Actually they were worse; their public image was entirely fake, and the list for that is very long as well. They're entirely narcissistic sociopaths who make Trump look like the Jimmy Stuart character in 'A Wonderful Life'.

Example ^^^ of an alternative reality.

You just equated Trump to a terrorist. American hating, out to destroy America, terrorist. On independence day no less. :popcorn:

He is to most of us, i.e. a terrorist. To some he may be a freedom fighter, but FF's don't generally seek to create an internecine; Trump has from day one exacerbated the great divide among our people.

That is the last thing a leader should strive for, as it is destructive to all.

Yes, they should be like democratic party leaders: just blame white proles for everything, shop for votes among La Raza racists, Islamo-Fans, black racists, sexual deviants, and the like, and above all wipe out those evul Xian churches.

Example ^^^ of an alternative reality.

^ Example of a bad propagandist who can't think for itself and instead repeats hack memes over and over, like it works or something.

What, other then to piss off the left by just being elected, has Trump done to warrant such I diatribe?

I can only speak for me but I think you got it backwards. Trump was elected as the biggest FY to the establishment ever sent. As we celebrate the fourth of July we can celebrate maybe the last gasp of a free people. The establishment, which we all rail against, lost in 2016 to of all people Trump. That says a lot.

I voted for Trump to keep the SCOTUS away from Hillary, that was the primary reason. Most of the tweets that Trump makes I wish he had not, but they really do not effect policy as I see it.

But, having given the establishment the proverbial finger means that the establishment dogs of war have descended on Trump. Instead of any sort of acknowledgement or any cooperation from the left he has been attacked, and his tendency is to attack back.

Forum List

Back