Maybe I'm beginning to understand this Trump thing

This country's biggest drug problem is not opiates. Our country's biggest drug problem is the endorphin rush folks get when they think their tribe has won. ~ John Fugalsang

What, other then to piss off the left by just being elected, has Trump done to warrant such I diatribe?
His behaviors, since the day he came down the escalator.
OK then, nothing really important. And if he had said nothing you would be happy?

Q. Did you see the video when Trump pushed aside the President of Montenegro and then puffed out his chest; Trump does not need to say or write anything for rational and observant people to see the character flaws of this man-child.
Yeah, I don't know why he did that, seems like a bad thing to do. I just hope that the armies of Motenegro don't attack. Maybe as I think Obama learned, it takes more then 6 months to really figure out how to act presidential.

He's 72 years old, time enough to have become socialized. My two sons would never act in that manner, they were taught early on manners.

BTW, have you read this:

GOPer Who Voted To Impeach Bill Clinton: Donald Trump Situation Is 'Much More Serious'

Soon enough the die-hard Trump supporters will be less than 15% of our population. Trump is toxic and I hope we as a nation survive his incompetence.

by the same token the left would rather crash n burn than work together or help trump with anything.

theyd rather free law breaking illegals than turn them over to ice.

both sidescare doing a lot of screaming if you take,your own dog out of the race.
I'm seeing two dynamics here from the Democrats: First, the standard partisan bullshit that is played when the other "side" is in office (and they STILL haven't figured out the role they themselves played in making that happen), and second, the same "holy shit, what the fuck has happened here" reaction that I have.

If he had just come into office, shit-canned the childish behaviors, put his head down and gotten to work, we could be debating the merits of his individual initiatives. Instead, he has remained the same embarrassing man-child he was during the campaign. I'd much rather be discussing the issues, but the behaviors cannot be ignored, because behaviors illustrate a person's temperament, and the Leader of the Free World has to have a stable temperament. He is bringing this on himself.

Well, his 'childish behavior' is no worse than Hillary's or Obama's, it's just out in public, and the media hates hates how he can work around them and make them look like the ignorant pompous uneducated hack morons most of them are in real life, that's all.
Well, we'll never agree there. Neither Obama nor Hillary ever acted like this, not even close, and the list of examples I could cite is very long.

Actually they were worse; their public image was entirely fake, and the list for that is very long as well. They're entirely narcissistic sociopaths who make Trump look like the Jimmy Stuart character in 'A Wonderful Life'.
I think those are just politically-based, partisan arguments.

Trump's behaviors are embarrassing and childish, whether they are attached to politics or not.

They are not the behaviors of a normal adult.

He's a grown man acting like a spoiled, attention-starved 12-year old boy.

Billionaires don't tend to be 'normal people', much less New Yorkers in general, and neither do politicians who make it to national prominence of any kind. And those who voted for him know full well the 'establishment' of both Parties hate him, so we don't have to expect much in the way of legislation being passed, we're happy hillary and Bernie won't be appointing any SC judges, and we're happy his foreign policy isn't exactly like theirs, either.

[QUOTE="Freewill, post: 17650024,

I didn't like being called a deplorable as if that is even a noun. Actually I didn't mind.[/QUOTE]

actually I did-------I cringed. That person needs THE REMEDIATION ROOM where
college freshmen who are functionally illiterate can be REMEDIED by little co-eds
like me

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.

You know you are right about "blow it up" specifically the MSM!
Because that is the priority in that more an more Americans are understanding that the biased MSM thinks we are as Hillary/phony intellectuals/liberal "deplorables".
We the people understand Trump's motivation better then the MSM et.al. in that we are tired of the Obamas of the world accusing Americans of being racists.
Of being "anti-immigrant". Geez do you idiots including Obama know that Trump MARRIED an immigrant?
Do you idiots that call Trump and millions of us that are either "legal" immigrants or have "legal" immigrants as relatives as "ANTI-Immigrant" know how dumb you people are then?
And that's just ONE example of the idiotic ignorant MSM, et.al.! Racists? "Misogynists"? Just a note... Who hired women in responsible roles ?
But many women who have worked closely with Trump say he was a corporate executive ahead of his time in providing career advancement for women. While some say he could be boorish, his companies nurtured and promoted women in an otherwise male-dominated industry. Several women said they appreciated how Trump granted them entry to a new playing field. “From the standpoint of being a woman, I just thought he was phenomenal,” said Sunshine, 74. “So supportive and encouraging. . . . He gave me the ropes, and I could either hang myself or prove myself.”
Donald Trump, a champion of women? His female employees think so.

Yes the priority is not so much blow up the MSM but have it IMPLODE as the snowflakes they are!
These MSM snowflakes are so full of themselves today they forget what a "journalist" is suppose to be... Unbiased. Objective.
I know this is a lot of reading for you "snowflakes" to handle but READ what a Pulitzer prize winner "journalist" says of todays hacks!
Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Michael Goodwin has been a fixture on the New York media scene for the last 30 years.
Goodwin:
I know because I was one of them. I started at the Times while the Vietnam War and civil-rights movement raged, and was full of certainty about right and wrong. My editors were, too, though in a different way. Our boss of bosses, the legendary Abe Rosenthal, knew his reporters leaned left, so he leaned right to 'keep the paper straight.'" That meant the Times, except for the opinion pages, was scrubbed free of reporters' political views, an edict that was enforced by giving the opinion and news operations separate editors.
The church-and-state structure was one reason the Times was considered the flagship of journalism.
Those days are gone. The Times now is so out of the closet as a Clinton shill that it is giving itself permission to violate any semblance of evenhandedness in its news pages as well as its opinion pages.
A recent article by its media reporter, Jim Rutenberg, whom I know and like, began this way:
"If you're a working journalist and you believe that Donald J. Trump is a demagogue playing to the nation's worst racist and nationalistic tendencies, that he cozies up to anti-American dictators and that he would be dangerous with control of the United States nuclear codes,
how the heck are you supposed to cover him?"

Whoa, Nellie. The clear assumption is that many reporters see Trump that way, and it is noteworthy that no similar question is raised about Clinton,
whose scandals are deserving only of "scrutiny."
Rutenberg approvingly cites a leftist journalist who calls one candidate "normal" and the other "abnormal."
It's an impossible task, and Rutenberg fails because he must.
Any reporter who agrees with Clinton about Trump has no business covering either candidate.
It's pure bias, which the Times fancies itself an expert in detecting in others, but is blissfully tolerant of its own. And with the top political editor quoted in the story as approving the one-sided coverage as necessary and deserving, the prejudice is now official policy.
It's a historic mistake and a complete break with the paper's own traditions.
Instead of dropping its standards, the Times should bend over backwards to enforce them, even while acknowledging that Trump is a rare breed.
That's the whole point of standards -- they are designed to guide decisions not just in easy cases, but in all cases, to preserve trust.
The Times, of course, is not alone in becoming unhinged over Trump, but that's also the point. It used to be unique because of its adherence to fairness.
Now its only standard is a double standard, one that it proudly confesses. Shame would be more appropriate.

Mainstream media in credibility collapse: In bid to destroy Trump, they have destroyed themselves!
And this is the bias that Goodwin was describing:
MSM89%negative.png

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.

In short, most Trump supporters are no different than radicalized Muslims, Timothy McVeigh or Theodore John Kaczynski.

Says a nutjob who thinks we shouldn't worry about Islmao-vermin in the U.S. until terrorist attacks become 'normal'. lol yeah you're really scoring here ...

Straw Man ^^^; we have lots to worry about, and nothing Trump has done has mitigated the myriad threats to our nation. In fact he has exacerbated the dangers to us and the world by his saber rattling and zero sum gamesmanship; he has alienated our friends and empowered the lunatic in N. Korea.

lol more horseshit. Obama left American foreign policy in a complete shambles; it's only a 'strawman' to neurotics and gimps who still think Marx made sense and the Democrats are genuinely concerned about 'the little people', never mind Obama and Hillary spent most of their time sucking up to Goldman Sachs and Silly Con Valley oligarchs; just admit you're clueless and just spouting hive gibberish and have no ability to do anything but follow whatever's fashionable with your choice of peer group.

FU. Your grammar, syntax and logical fallacies are evidence you are intellectually challenged. I usually pity people like you, but you don't deserve pity, you're a antisocial jerk.

Many are shocked that they now realize they elected a lunatic.

In a way it's lucky for Democrats that they did elect a lunatic.
Because democrats actually begin to look reasonable in comparison to a lunatic?

No because lunatics are easier to beat in subsequent elections, once the lunacy has been fully exposed.

Gee, where have heard all that rubbish before ... oh yeah, from the time he announced he was running ... all about how unpopular he is, how he's going to lose badly, and we're still hearing it, even as democrats are 0 for 4 in the special elections, and we'll be hearing it over and over and over until gets re-elected again.

So who are the 'lunatics', again? On yeah, right ... it's delusional True Believers like yourself ... never mind.

by the same token the left would rather crash n burn than work together or help trump with anything.

both sidescare doing a lot of screaming if you take,your own dog out of the race.
I'm seeing two dynamics here from the Democrats: First, the standard partisan bullshit that is played when the other "side" is in office (and they STILL haven't figured out the role they themselves played in making that happen), and second, the same "holy shit, what the fuck has happened here" reaction that I have.

If he had just come into office, shit-canned the childish behaviors, put his head down and gotten to work, we could be debating the merits of his individual initiatives. Instead, he has remained the same embarrassing man-child he was during the campaign. I'd much rather be discussing the issues, but the behaviors cannot be ignored, because behaviors illustrate a person's temperament, and the Leader of the Free World has to have a stable temperament. He is bringing this on himself.
how you react is on you.

period.

Well, his 'childish behavior' is no worse than Hillary's or Obama's, it's just out in public, and the media hates hates how he can work around them and make them look like the ignorant pompous uneducated hack morons most of them are in real life, that's all.

Maybe Trump is like a petulant child that's also a business savant.

In short, most Trump supporters are no different than radicalized Muslims, Timothy McVeigh or Theodore John Kaczynski.

Says a nutjob who thinks we shouldn't worry about Islmao-vermin in the U.S. until terrorist attacks become 'normal'. lol yeah you're really scoring here ...

Straw Man ^^^; we have lots to worry about, and nothing Trump has done has mitigated the myriad threats to our nation. In fact he has exacerbated the dangers to us and the world by his saber rattling and zero sum gamesmanship; he has alienated our friends and empowered the lunatic in N. Korea.

lol more horseshit. Obama left American foreign policy in a complete shambles; it's only a 'strawman' to neurotics and gimps who still think Marx made sense and the Democrats are genuinely concerned about 'the little people', never mind Obama and Hillary spent most of their time sucking up to Goldman Sachs and Silly Con Valley oligarchs; just admit you're clueless and just spouting hive gibberish and have no ability to do anything but follow whatever's fashionable with your choice of peer group.

FU. Your grammar, syntax and logical fallacies are evidence you are intellectually challenged. I usually pity people like you, but you don't deserve pity, you're a antisocial jerk.

Typical response from pseudo-intellectual jerks who have nothing they can sell but other hacks' invented 'talking points' and failing at even that.

What, other then to piss off the left by just being elected, has Trump done to warrant such I diatribe?
His behaviors, since the day he came down the escalator.
OK then, nothing really important. And if he had said nothing you would be happy?
I would be thrilled if he could just act like a normal, decent adult of just an average temperament who isn't afflicted with impulse control issues.

I never thought I'd be nostalgic for the statesmanship of George W Bush.

YouTube

To fully sustain your assertion, here's a post from the right wing idiot, Iceweasel

"I don't give a fuck if he does or not. I voted to piss you off. Mission accomplished."

LOL

Well, we'll never agree there. Neither Obama nor Hillary ever acted like this, not even close, and the list of examples I could cite is very long.

Obama, Hilary, and Trump, while not alike, are similar. Obama in that everything was Bush's fault. As for Hilary, she ran around to anybody that would listen and basically wailed "Mommy! Trump took my election and won't give it back!"

so yes, all three are childish. The difference being is that Trump appears to be a productive child.

EDIT: Reply fail. This was meant for Mac.

Typical response from pseudo-intellectual jerks who have nothing they can sell but other hacks' invented 'talking points' and failing at even that.

The truth hurts eventually, even for those like you who are unsocialized and anti intellectual.

You know you are right about "blow it up" specifically the MSM!
Because that is the priority in that more an more Americans are understanding that the biased MSM thinks we are as Hillary/phony intellectuals/liberal "deplorables".
We the people understand Trump's motivation better then the MSM et.al. in that we are tired of the Obamas of the world accusing Americans of being racists.
Of being "anti-immigrant". Geez do you idiots including Obama know that Trump MARRIED an immigrant?
Do you idiots that call Trump and millions of us that are either "legal" immigrants or have "legal" immigrants as relatives as "ANTI-Immigrant" know how dumb you people are then?
And that's just ONE example of the idiotic ignorant MSM, et.al.! Racists? "Misogynists"? Just a note... Who hired women in responsible roles ?
But many women who have worked closely with Trump say he was a corporate executive ahead of his time in providing career advancement for women. While some say he could be boorish, his companies nurtured and promoted women in an otherwise male-dominated industry. Several women said they appreciated how Trump granted them entry to a new playing field. “From the standpoint of being a woman, I just thought he was phenomenal,” said Sunshine, 74. “So supportive and encouraging. . . . He gave me the ropes, and I could either hang myself or prove myself.”
Donald Trump, a champion of women? His female employees think so.

Yes the priority is not so much blow up the MSM but have it IMPLODE as the snowflakes they are!
These MSM snowflakes are so full of themselves today they forget what a "journalist" is suppose to be... Unbiased. Objective.
I know this is a lot of reading for you "snowflakes" to handle but READ what a Pulitzer prize winner "journalist" says of todays hacks!
Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Michael Goodwin has been a fixture on the New York media scene for the last 30 years.
Goodwin:
I know because I was one of them. I started at the Times while the Vietnam War and civil-rights movement raged, and was full of certainty about right and wrong. My editors were, too, though in a different way. Our boss of bosses, the legendary Abe Rosenthal, knew his reporters leaned left, so he leaned right to 'keep the paper straight.'" That meant the Times, except for the opinion pages, was scrubbed free of reporters' political views, an edict that was enforced by giving the opinion and news operations separate editors.
The church-and-state structure was one reason the Times was considered the flagship of journalism.
Those days are gone. The Times now is so out of the closet as a Clinton shill that it is giving itself permission to violate any semblance of evenhandedness in its news pages as well as its opinion pages.
A recent article by its media reporter, Jim Rutenberg, whom I know and like, began this way:
"If you're a working journalist and you believe that Donald J. Trump is a demagogue playing to the nation's worst racist and nationalistic tendencies, that he cozies up to anti-American dictators and that he would be dangerous with control of the United States nuclear codes,
how the heck are you supposed to cover him?"

Whoa, Nellie. The clear assumption is that many reporters see Trump that way, and it is noteworthy that no similar question is raised about Clinton,
whose scandals are deserving only of "scrutiny."
Rutenberg approvingly cites a leftist journalist who calls one candidate "normal" and the other "abnormal."
It's an impossible task, and Rutenberg fails because he must.
Any reporter who agrees with Clinton about Trump has no business covering either candidate.
It's pure bias, which the Times fancies itself an expert in detecting in others, but is blissfully tolerant of its own. And with the top political editor quoted in the story as approving the one-sided coverage as necessary and deserving, the prejudice is now official policy.
It's a historic mistake and a complete break with the paper's own traditions.
Instead of dropping its standards, the Times should bend over backwards to enforce them, even while acknowledging that Trump is a rare breed.
That's the whole point of standards -- they are designed to guide decisions not just in easy cases, but in all cases, to preserve trust.
The Times, of course, is not alone in becoming unhinged over Trump, but that's also the point. It used to be unique because of its adherence to fairness.
Now its only standard is a double standard, one that it proudly confesses. Shame would be more appropriate.

Mainstream media in credibility collapse: In bid to destroy Trump, they have destroyed themselves!
And this is the bias that Goodwin was describing:
View attachment 136923

Excellent post, and right on the money. You could see journalistic standards plummeting just by hanging out on any college campus in the 1980's, with any pretext of 'objectivity' disappearing and the depts. taken over by hacks and ideologues, and despite being mostly ignorant of both history and logic, were very impressed with themselves. See Wrycatcher's, 'Xelor's' and his previous handle '300yearsofhistory's posts for a prime example of the mentality; they think warming seats at some uni and Spellcheck makes them 'intelligent', never mind the world is full of idiots educated far beyond their means to make productive use of it. Less than 10% of those warming seats past the 8th grade need to be there, yet billions in education spending wasted on these tards when they should learning shoe repair or how to operate a lawn mower without killing themselves and children and small pets.

The truth hurts eventually, even for those like you who are unsocialized and anti intellectual.

Yes, we can tell you've been hurt a lot, all through your dysfunctional childhood, and you're never going to get over it.

Maybe Trump is like a petulant child that's also a business savant.

Or maybe he's just enjoying himself proving ' The Press' is made of frauds and phonies.

Forum List

Back