Maybe it is just me.

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
But i find it hard to follow a string of thought when I have to wade through a bunch of vaguely related other posts or try to find where a thread was hidden. Also one aspect of a subject may have my interest while others do not. It all becomes interference/static to me. I understand mods are trying to be helpful, but more thought needs to go into the closing or moving of threads in my opinion. I don't relish disagreeing with Aye. She is good people.

The problem is with those that don't take time to see if there is a thread already started on the topic. I lost count of how many threads were merged today just on the attempted assassination attempt. If someone really thinks putting a new thread on the same subject in a different area (politics as opposed to election 2024) makes it "different", they are thinking way too hard. If someone thinks they need to have their name on the opening post to get more cred here, I got news for them - "cred" doesn't mean anything here. Multiple threads on the same topic do nothing but cause the forum to be more cluttered than it already is.

1726448503232.png

If there were only a way to describe the way threads are posted and responded to around here...

CHUCKLE

:cool:

The problem is with those that don't take time to see if there is a thread already started on the topic. I lost count of how many threads were merged today just on the attempted assassination attempt. If someone really thinks putting a new thread on the same subject in a different area (politics as opposed to election 2024) makes it "different", they are thinking way too hard. If someone thinks they need to have their name on the opening post to get more cred here, I got news for them - "cred" doesn't mean anything here. Multiple threads on the same topic do nothing but cause the forum to be more cluttered than it already is.

When I do it's an obvious mistake because it doesn't happen often. I really try to look first but I don't always know what key words to use. 😕

Your tool to check that when posting an article doesn't necessarily work if you don't go explicitly by the thread topic that may have been posted previously.

BTDT

Forum List

Back