McChrystal Says He's Talked With Obama Once Since Taking Afghanistan Command

so that's a yes.

btw, patterson was undersecretary of war at the time of the earth changing conversation with which you're obsessed.

at least try to get the details right, spanky.

:thup:

Yes, your pic lacks taste....

Under Secretary to Secretary in 1945, excuse moi......

del, the conversation is relevant to the subject, if you want to remain in denial, have at it, Patton was spot on.....

Obama gives McChrystal 25 minutes and how much time did he give the Olympic panel in his quest to deliver Chicago the 2016 games?? Priceless.....

In nine short months he has managed to deliver Cash for Clunkers, what an amazing accomplishment :woohoo: !!!!

perhaps in your world, but not here in reality.

have a nice day.

When reallity hits you in the face non stop :banghead:, doesn't it leave a mark?

Yeah, that 40+ year Cold War was a figment of our imagination..... :disbelief:

so that's a yes.

btw, patterson was undersecretary of war at the time of the earth changing conversation with which you're obsessed.

at least try to get the details right, spanky.

:thup:

del, the conversation is relevant to the subject, if you want to remain in denial, have at it, Patton was spot on.....

Obama gives McChrystal 25 minutes and how much time did he give the Olympic panel in his quest to deliver Chicago the 2016 games?? Priceless.....

In nine short months he has managed to deliver Cash for Clunkers, what an amazing accomplishment :woohoo: !!!!

I guess, a person has to set priorities when running the most powerful nation in the world, and Obama has made his.
Cash For Clunkers? It was tax dollars that did it...no amazing accomplishment. What is amazing was that the government has stepped in, and took over an auto industry....now that's amazing!!
Lastly, are you that trite that you have to make an attempt to belittle a posters avatar? Talk about a person who lacks taste, don't need to look any further than what you see when you look into a mirror. :eusa_whistle:

Yes priorities, they tend to define the man....:smoke:

Yes, Cash for Clunkers was no amazing accomplishment, you missed the sarcasm......:clap2:

Trite?? You know it is amazing how someone interjects into something without knowing the origin.....:rofl:

I guess, a person has to set priorities when running the most powerful nation in the world, and Obama has made his.
Cash For Clunkers? It was tax dollars that did it...no amazing accomplishment. What is amazing was that the government has stepped in, and took over an auto industry....now that's amazing!!
Lastly, are you that trite that you have to make an attempt to belittle a posters avatar? Talk about a person who lacks taste, don't need to look any further than what you see when you look into a mirror. :eusa_whistle:

Yes priorities, they tend to define the man....:smoke:

Yes, Cash for Clunkers was no amazing accomplishment, you missed the sarcasm......:clap2:

Trite?? You know it is amazing how someone interjects into something without knowing the origin.....:rofl:

:cuckoo:

have a nice day.

When reallity hits you in the face non stop :banghead:, doesn't it leave a mark?

no, the idea that patton attacking the soviets would have worked is yours.

you must have a face like a picasso, spanky.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

have a nice day.

well, since it didnt happen, its impossible to say how it would have worked out
but, since no one wanted war to continue, it didnt

obama is done in one, as we all know, that's if he isn't impeached by then. He is the worst prez ever!!! What an awful legacy he will leave to the people of this great nation. He's a disgrace to his own people white and black!! He set race relations back fifty years!!! IMPEACH!!!!!!!!

well, since it didnt happen, its impossible to say how it would have worked out
but, since no one wanted war to continue, it didnt

An American attack on the Soviet, even with elements of the German armed forces, simply could not have been sustained. We did not have the resources. The British and French leadership probably would have told Eisenhower to remove Patton or they would permanently. All of the western Allies would have, yet once again, been sitting in Great Britain, staring this time at the Russian bear instead of the German condor.

Last edited:
obama is done in one, as we all know, that's if he isn't impeached by then. He is the worst prez ever!!! What an awful legacy he will leave to the people of this great nation. He's a disgrace to his own people white and black!! He set race relations back fifty years!!! IMPEACH!!!!!!!!
what grounds do you see for impeachment?
or are you just mocking the idiots on the left that wanted Bush impeached for nearly 8 years?

An American attack on the Soviet, even with elements of the German armed forces, simply could not have been sustained. We did not have the resources. The British and French leadership probably would have told Eisenhower to remove Patton or they would permanently. All of the western Allies would have, yet once again, been sitting in Great Britain, staring this time at the Russian bear instead of the German condor.

We had the resources, some of the Allies probably didn't. However, Russia wasn't exactly shining and doing perfect themselves at the time. Patton was right in not trusting Stalin though. From statements I've read, Roosevelt and even later Churchill trusted Stalin to a extent to honor their deals. Whether they were being honest or lying to themselves to get through the war is another issue.

We had no training formations available at the division level in the U.S. we were still committed against Japan, the first atomic bomb would be tested two and a half months later (meaning we did not know if it would work or not), and the Soviet armed forces were in far shape than I think you realize, and they had quite a few training formations to the east.

I agree with you 100% that FDR trusted Uncle Joe far more than he should have. I don't think Winston Churchill trusted him at all.

We had no training formations available at the division level in the U.S. we were still committed against Japan, the first atomic bomb would be tested two and a half months later (meaning we did not know if it would work or not), and the Soviet armed forces were in far shape than I think you realize, and they had quite a few training formations to the east.

I agree with you 100% that FDR trusted Uncle Joe far more than he should have. I don't think Winston Churchill trusted him at all.

He didn't at first. I remember reading a quote because he believed he could trust Stalin and poor Neville (Chamberlin) had been bamboozled by Hitler.

The Soviet Forces had suffered major losses and if given a couple months, the U.S. could of been prepared in taking out the USSR. Remember, it was the Russians who lost the most people in the war. Besides, I believe it was similar to Hitler where if you had taken out Stalin, then the Soviet Union would of been in confusion and perhaps ruin.

becoming waylaid in a discussion about whether or not Patton was right about invading the Soviet Union at the end of WWII is really nothing more relevant than bantering into the night as to how may angels can fit on the head of a pin. In fact, after the incredibly draining finish to the war in Euprope, nobody...and I mean NOBODY in America, or anywhere else, for that matter, had the stomach for launching a completely NEW front in that war by invading our ALLY the Soviet Union on the supposition that such a new front would make the world safer at some unknown point in the future.

Last edited:
So what's the big deal?

Truman only meet MacArthur ONCE during the Korean War

With all of the video conferencing equipment available for meetings.

Why would they need personal face to face contact?

While there is nothing unconstitutional about it, it does show a lack of forthright leadership by the President, in my opinion. After all, he is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the United States.

It seems it is more important for the President to meet face to face with fellow partisan hacks and political whore lobbyist, than it is to meet directly on a regular basis with the general(s) who are in country.

Obama is the President but I have zero respect for him. He can go pound sand.

hell, that time he slapped the soldier they would have called for congressional investigations and a court martial

If you recall, he basically was almost kicked out back then for that.

Patton probably wouldn't last today due to that sort of reason, doesn't make him any less of a damn fine General though. I know you'd agree with me on that one.

hell, that time he slapped the soldier they would have called for congressional investigations and a court martial

If you recall, he basically was almost kicked out back then for that.

Patton probably wouldn't last today due to that sort of reason, doesn't make him any less of a damn fine General though. I know you'd agree with me on that one.
yup
he was

Forum List

Back