McDonalds' Higher Wages = Higher Sales...

This is true, but armed with that information, they can get other information about you as well from other companies. Identity theft is a big thing today. I don't take any chances. I get multiple credit card offers in the mail every week; pre-approved and an application with your name already on it. I don't just throw them away, I shred any application or anything with my name on it. I even shred my utility bills that have my account number.

You have every right. But to back up, Moonbat said no one will lose their job because apparently in his mind everyone pays with cash. You've not disputed that, you agree most people actually don't pay with cash, correct?
Just by leasing the kiosk they now help employ more people than before the kiosk, so yet again your logic is nonexistent in business matters.

HTF did they employ more people than less with kiosks? Do you really think that's what businesses do, find ways to pay more people money to get the same amount of work done?
Now a technician must pull maintenance..or they lease the machine and someone is hired to maintain the machine...There are still cashiers, please tell me who lost their job over it...

Did you ever go to the store and notice those self-checkout lines? In our store, they replaced four workers with scanners alone and only one lady to oversee the process and address the problems. That's three people who lost a job.

Our McDonald's has a person that takes your order and punches it into the computer. If it's push button ordering, that's a person that lost their job. Then you have people running around making french fries, pouring drinks, getting the order together. If those people are replaced by machines, then those humans lost a job.

A business doesn't invest in automation unless it means less payroll; less costs. A kiosk to order food probably costs a few thousand dollars; a one time cost. A human is a consistent cost that you have to pay every week. The kiosk probably breaks even in four or five months. After that, it's free labor.

In your scenario, what he argued was that for the three people who lost their jobs (four replaced by one), the scanning company hired more than three people to support the scanners. The man is truly a moron

Customers have no interest in what burger flippers make. There is no customer satisfaction when the kitchen crew gets a raise.

McDonalds will move to automation, like everyone else. Then there will be more articles about how happy customers are.

I couldn't agree more.

Who the hell walks into McDonalds or any other fast food place and wonders what the workers are making for wages??

Its the farthest thing from anyone's mind and frankly who gives a shit??

Who would have thought firing cashiers and installing kiosks would result in higher profits....

It became clear when they set the minimum wage in cities and States that clearly don't justify hiring an actual person to flip the burger. Not to mention Obamacare and other taxes, rules and regulations.

The government wants people to be unemployed. I've owned five small businesses, that was the message they sent me every day. I'm scum for hiring people and I deserve to be kicked and spat on by the US government at all levels, Federal, State and local

Rightwingers/Republicans will deny, deny, deny - but the proof is in the puddin'.

Fortune.com: McDonald's CEO Says Better Worker Benefits Boosting U.S. Sales
by Phil Wahba
April 22, 2016, 3:19 PM EDT

<snip>

“The improvements we made to our compensation and benefits package to employees in U.S.-company operated restaurants, along with expanding Archways to Opportunity … have resulted in lower crew turnover and higher customers satisfaction scores,” Easterbrook said.

<snip>

Pay attention to what thery're DOING, not what their SAYING!!!!!!

"
  • McDonald's will upgrade 1,000 stores with kiosk and mobile order technology every quarter for the next eight to nine quarters.
  • International markets like Canada, Australia and the U.K. are already fully integrated with kiosk service and mobile ordering.
  • McDonald's has also been exploring delivery in the U.S. in an attempt to meet customer demand and changes in how consumers want to get their food.
As McDonald's MCD seeks to modernize its business, the company is placing a big bet on mobile and other tech platforms.

McDonald's has been systematically adding self-service ordering kiosks and table service to stores as it works to "build a better McDonald's."

"What we're finding is when people dwell more, they select more," CEO Steve Easterbrook told CNBC on "Squawk on the Street" Monday. "There's a little bit of an average check boost."

In fact, the company plans to upgrade 1,000 stores with this technology every quarter for the next eight to nine quarters.

McDonald's to add self-order kiosks to 1,000 stores each quarter

Who would have thought firing cashiers and installing kiosks would result in higher profits....

It became clear when they set the minimum wage in cities and States that clearly don't justify hiring an actual person to flip the burger. Not to mention Obamacare and other taxes, rules and regulations.

The government wants people to be unemployed. I've owned five small businesses, that was the message they sent me every day. I'm scum for hiring people and I deserve to be kicked and spat on by the US government at all levels, Federal, State and local
/——-/ Wait till Libtards figure out how to tax a robot for UE, SS and income to replace the lost revenue. Maybe I shouldn’t give them any ideas.

Rightwingers/Republicans will deny, deny, deny - but the proof is in the puddin'.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

“The improvements we made to our compensation and benefits package to employees in U.S.-company operated restaurants, along with expanding Archways to Opportunity … have resulted in lower crew turnover and higher customers satisfaction scores,” Easterbrook said.

<snip>

"

• McDonald's will upgrade 1,000 stores with kiosk and mobile order technology every quarter for the next eight to nine quarters.
    • International markets like Canada, Australia and the U.K. are already fully integrated with kiosk service and mobile ordering.
    • McDonald's has also been exploring delivery in the U.S. in an attempt to meet customer demand and changes in how consumers want to get their food.
As McDonald's MCD seeks to modernize its business, the company is placing a big bet on mobile and other tech platforms.

McDonald's has been systematically adding self-service ordering kiosks and table service to stores as it works to "build a better McDonald's."

"What we're finding is when people dwell more, they select more," CEO Steve Easterbrook told CNBC on "Squawk on the Street" Monday. "There's a little bit of an average check boost."

In fact, the company plans to upgrade 1,000 stores with this technology every quarter for the next eight to nine quarters.

They have also made drastic changes to their menu to increase sales. These include serving breakfast anytime and a burger made with fresh burger instead of a frozen patties.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

"

yea, the 4-5 people left will make good money keeping the hardware running. more jobs lost because they wanted more than the job was worth and the employers found a way around it.

Anyone here see the movie "The Founder"? The film stars Michael Keaton as businessman Ray Kroc, and portrays the story of his creation of the McDonald's fast food chain. In the beginning McDonalds was all about cheap prices and speed of service, those things have fallen by the wayside. Too bad as that is what is lacking in the current McDonalds

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

That’s great for McDonalds, I have no issue with a company making a decision to raise and increase benefits, good for them.

See the government didn’t need to get involved. Got to love the free market.

You really are a liar. I never encountered as much and I have fulfilled federal and state contracts.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

That’s great for McDonalds, I have no issue with a company making a decision to raise and increase benefits, good for them.

There is no free markets.

You really are a liar. I never encountered as much and I have fulfilled federal and state contracts.

Again I had to read multiple time to know what the hell you said. Seriously, when you write a post, read it before you click post reply. Really guy.

That said, what does fulfilling contracts have to do with owning businesses?

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

I hate to point out the inconvenient here, Star but wages and benefits have improved because unemployment is so low businesses are compensating workers in order to keep their good employees and attract new ones. That wasn't something that had to be done artificially with a higher minimum wage...it occurs naturally when the economy is good.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

Explain why you think there is no free market?

Again I had to read multiple time to know what the hell you said. Seriously, when you write a post, read it before you click post reply. Really guy.

That said, what does fulfilling contracts have to do with owning businesses?
If you must ask that you don't know and have never run a business that negotiates contracts to fulfill..As far as your inability to hold a job, much less run a business is well is expressed by your ignorance. Do you need an interpreter for that statement?

Rightwingers/Republicans will deny, deny, deny - but the proof is in the puddin'

I'm not a 'rightwinger', but why would they deny this? It's pretty much what they've been saying all along. The market provides adequate incentive for business to pay decent wages. We don't need laws forcing them to.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

Govt. regulation..Manipulation by monopolies and yes even multinational conglomerate corps have the intention of destabilizing the market and prices to gain an advantage, insider trading and business deals the list goes on.. Humans have never played fair with each other when it comes to coin.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

Govt. regulation..Manipulation by monopolies and yes even multinational conglomerate corps have the intention of destabilizing the market and prices to gain an advantage, insider trading and business deals the list goes on.. Humans have never played fair with each other when it comes to coin.

Those are all ways that freedom has been diminished, but that doesn't mean there's none left. If you're just making the philosophical point that pure freedom isn't possible - ok, fine. But it's not a very useful observation. The question is whether we want more, or less.

by Phil Wahba

<snip>

<snip>

That may all be true, but to me "Free Market" is the Customer deciding if they should by your product or not. Im talking base level.

Forum List

Back