McDonalds Opening 6500 sq ft Restaurant WHERE KIOSKS WILL TAKE YOUR ORDER

You do realize it is already a problem, there are not enough jobs for teens , and college students, right? Any more losses only exacerbates the problem.
love-this-hot-food-vending-machine-amsterdam-the-netherlands+1152_12874621470-tpfil02aw-28965.jpg

Someone still need to load it...

Not neccessarily.. could be packed by machine.

Right wingers aren't upset about losing their jobs. THey are upset by political solutions that are based on antiquated ideas about "careers" in burger flipping.

The goal shouldn't be making folks comfortable in mind-numbing dead end jobs.. If that's not OBVIOUS -- we are in for trainloads of displaced workers in the next decade..

1. The machines packing the machine still will need some form of human factor involved. The human factor will never be removed from the equation, so I still so no issue with those old fashion starter jobs going away.

2. The fair wage issue is one I never agreed with. I have made more money than the minimum wage either working for someone else or doing private contract jobs, and I believe individuals need to set their own wage and if the owner of the establishment refuses to hire them at that wage then do not look at the government to force the owner to pay them the wage they want.

3. Education and training is the major issue in today time. I have worked from Window Washer to Navy, to computer companies, to engineering firms, to home health agencies, and all of it was on the job training, so training is important along with education.

Those complaining about those jobs going away are doing so because they want to taunt the Progressive Left for using the government to raise wages, but those are the same posters that have no problem with the government being in our lives when it come to abortion or social issues, and they should think before wanting Government regulating one sector of life and then complaining when it goes into another sector of life to regulate us...

Good job lefties. Yep, the real minimum wage is $0.

• $1.59million St. Joseph restaurant will open in July
  • It will feature earthy tones, couches and armchairs for a 'modern look'
  • And kiosks will allow customers to customize burger and sandwich orders
  • Play space will have interactive light board tables, tabletop video games

Read more: Missouri McDonald's will offer bottomless french fries on the menu

So what? In the mean time pay your employees a decent wage. I was just beebopping around town over the weekend, kids wanted McD, a rare treat for them, so we stopped in, I couldn't believe the prices, $6 for a quarter pounder with cheese? Meanwhile they had a sign up "now hiring $9 an hour" That means an employee would have to work roughly 50 minutes to pay for one sandwich. That is ludicrous and shouldn't be defended by anyone.

So what? In the mean time pay your employees a decent wage. I was just beebopping around town over the weekend, kids wanted McD, a rare treat for them, so we stopped in, I couldn't believe the prices, $6 for a quarter pounder with cheese? Meanwhile they had a sign up "now hiring $9 an hour" That means an employee would have to work roughly 50 minutes to pay for one sandwich. That is ludicrous and shouldn't be defended by anyone.

You are irrational.

You are irrational.

I also hate women and minorities...

/sarcasm

Right wingers aren't upset about losing their jobs. THey are upset by political solutions that are based on antiquated ideas about "careers" in burger flipping.

The goal shouldn't be making folks comfortable in mind-numbing dead end jobs.. If that's not OBVIOUS -- we are in for trainloads of displaced workers in the next decade..

1. The machines packing the machine still will need some form of human factor involved. The human factor will never be removed from the equation, so I still so no issue with those old fashion starter jobs going away.

2. The fair wage issue is one I never agreed with. I have made more money than the minimum wage either working for someone else or doing private contract jobs, and I believe individuals need to set their own wage and if the owner of the establishment refuses to hire them at that wage then do not look at the government to force the owner to pay them the wage they want.

3. Education and training is the major issue in today time. I have worked from Window Washer to Navy, to computer companies, to engineering firms, to home health agencies, and all of it was on the job training, so training is important along with education.

Those complaining about those jobs going away are doing so because they want to taunt the Progressive Left for using the government to raise wages, but those are the same posters that have no problem with the government being in our lives when it come to abortion or social issues, and they should think before wanting Government regulating one sector of life and then complaining when it goes into another sector of life to regulate us...
The human factor will never be removed. You will just need very few humans. Skilled repairmen will be necessary to maintain machines. Which might be a crew that goes from outlet to outlet.

Sorry, I spend weeks of my time with people who sell their children so they can put food on the table, so excuse me for laughing at the American poor, most of whom own a cell phone and DVD player.

The human factor will never be removed. You will just need very few humans. Skilled repairmen will be necessary to maintain machines. Which might be a crew that goes from outlet to outlet.

Just as coopers didn't just stop working when buggies went out of style , fast food workers won't stop working when their jobs get automated.

Actually it is the best thing that could happen to them, necessity is the mother of invention. It will be NECESSARY for them to gain new skills to survive, and so they will do so. At least most of them will. Some will just go on welfare , suddenly developing a disability of some dubious claim.

Sorry, I spend weeks of my time with people who sell their children so they can put food on the table, so excuse me for laughing at the American poor, most of whom own a cell phone and DVD player.

You're excused for being an asshole, and stupid to boot.

Why you would allow an employer to pay a low enough wage that a full time employee qualifies for welfare is beyond me.

You forgot to mention the fries and the drink that comes with it at that price.
You also forgot to mention that these jobs are not meant to sustain a family. They can't afford it. Otherwise the price would be the same as a fine dining restaurant. And who would pay that price for a McDonald's burger and fries?

I bet they will work as well as the automated checkout machines at Wal Mart work!

You also forgot to mention that these jobs are not meant to sustain a family. They can't afford it. Otherwise the price would be the same as a fine dining restaurant. And who would pay that price for a McDonald's burger and fries?

I didn't forget anything friend, If I had meant that the quarter pounder meal was $6, that's what I would have written. The meal with fries and drink was $8.99. That's right, $9 for a skinny burger, mediocre fries, and sugar water.

And who cares what the job was meant to be? That has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is "do you employ someone? Yes? Good, then pay them a decent wage"

and by decent I mean $10-11 an hour , any higher and you are going to upset the entire system.

Why you would allow an employer to pay a low enough wage that a full time employee qualifies for welfare is beyond me.
Ah, government handouts paying better than hard working people get. Hilarious.

I know a few leftist multi millionaires, and they scoff at my suggestions they buy some fast food joints and pay a "living wage". Why is that you don't see the Hollywood elite buying up these places and paying a "living wage"?
Can a person working at Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's or Whole Foods buy things to your standards?
Tell us, what is too high for a minimum wage.

I know a few leftist multi millionaires, and they scoff at my suggestions they buy some fast food joints and pay a "living wage". Why is that you don't see the Hollywood elite buying up these places and paying a "living wage"?
Can a person working at Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's or Whole Foods buy things to your standards?
I already told you

No, the machine would drop the burgers, fries, cups, etc.And many do it yourself checkouts also accept cash. Sure, there will still be a need for line employees, but probably a third less.
Has anyone actually used one of these kiosks? I don't see how it gets rid of more than two or three workers at my local McD's. Someone still has to read the order and put the stuff in a bag and hand it to you, right? And that is the same people who took my order. Won't cut down on the people cooking it. Also, I assume cash is out, right? Can't pay a kiosk with cash.

Skilled repairmen who happen to be H1B1 foreigners who know if they dare complain they are going back to India.

I already told you
Nope, I asked 3 things none of them answered.

Someone has to make the food and until robots are made to do this, well then someone will be working. Also the drive through will have a clerk and someone will have to deliver the food.

Because there will be Kiosk for you to place the order from does not mean people will not have jobs...
Dear God how can you be so naive?
You drive up to the speaker. You verbally place your order. A computer speaks your order back to you. You verbally confirm your order.
The computer sends the electronic order to the machine that makes the entire order up to your custom request. You drive up to the window and either use your debit card which you slide into the slot or you put paper money into another slot and you get whatever change back. A door opens and you reach in and take your order. The technology to do this has been around for many years.
Or you go into the FF outlet and do basically the same thing except you are given a number when you pay for your order, like what happens at the fucking car wash.
When your order is ready your number comes up on the screen where you are waiting. You walk over and a door opens and your custom order is waiting for you on a tray.
The only employees are the ones that 'feed' the robots their base ingredients and someone who works 'front of house' keeping the place tidy and clean.

People are still working, and it still takes someone to run the machines, and clean the place and manage the place.

So what is the problem again?

Are you afraid of losing your job?
FF outlets which switch to robotics within the next three years will employ about 80% lees humans.
Why do you think robotics have been created? So MORE humans will be employed?
That's some good shit you're smoking today pal.
I did loose my job in the FF industry aready asshole. I sold all five of my franchises about eight years ago when I could see the fucking housing bubble was going to burst

That already has been happening for many years. There are dedicated repair crews specifically trained to repair or replace specific FF equipment. They are on cll 24/7 365 days a year. Their usual territory is about a 150 mile radius from the place they last repaired a FF equipment breakdown. These crews, usually of three basically live in motels/hotels. There are '911' dispatchers which organize the crew's next job.

Where do you live? I called our local McDonald's to check the price. That is for a meal here in south Florida.
Who cares what the job was meant to be?? You can't be serious. Tell me the skill set it takes to place items into a bag? Or do you believe everyone should make the same, schooling,or not? Impetus or not?

I didn't forget anything friend, If I had meant that the quarter pounder meal was $6, that's what I would have written. The meal with fries and drink was $8.99. That's right, $9 for a skinny burger, mediocre fries, and sugar water.

And who cares what the job was meant to be? That has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is "do you employ someone? Yes? Good, then pay them a decent wage"

and by decent I mean $10-11 an hour , any higher and you are going to upset the entire system.

Due to our failed education system most Americans don't know what poor means.

View attachment 72165
When hundreds of thousands of Southern negroes were displaced by automation in the cotton industry at the exact same time the industrial revolution opened tens of thousands of manufacturing plants in the North East which the negroes went to work in.
At one point in the fifties no one really needed much of an education whether White or Negro to make a pretty good living putting fucking door handles on Chevys with no more than a grade nine education.

Forum List

Back