McDonnald's is closing restaurants.

If a sparrow drops dead in the middle of a forest, is it because of something that the democrats support?
Most likely...
wink_smile.gif

"McDonnald's is one of the cheapest food chains in the world." Lead
Says who?
Last time I bought a Big Mac I was on the Mass. Pike. I just wanted to get in & get out, and eat something without surprises (too much curry, or whatever).
That Big Mac cost me over $5.oo
and I haven't been back to McD's since.

I haven't done the test. But I'd like to weigh $5.oo worth of food from McD's, and compare it to $5.oo worth at Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell, etc.
I suspect McD's is among the more expensive. And it wouldn't surprise me if they've priced themselves out of their own market.
Yeah, you're probably right. I haven't been to McD or any other fast food restaurant for ages. That's why I thought that McD's so popular cuz it's cheap!
Actually that's not the point. Cause any fast food is cheaper than food in a good restaurant.

"any fast food is cheaper than food in a good restaurant." SN
Surely that's what we'd expect.
Bell curves can overlap.

I suspect some better restaurants have good food at lower price than comparable "fast food".

BTW
In Germany, the term isn't "fast food". It's "Schnell Imbus" which means fast eating, and they're not kidding. Some Schnell Imbus don't even have chairs, just a counter to set the fries and a bier on.

well they are a private franchise

so as with anything else if it is poorly run

it usually fails at some point

McDonald's franchises has been around since the 80s. Some or most that are still doing well are owned by franchises. I'm not sure about poorly run.

if it is poorly run the money dries up like anything else
Agree but we have not seen that in this case. All are underperforming franchises.

i would not say all are under performing

Says who?
Last time I bought a Big Mac I was on the Mass. Pike. I just wanted to get in & get out, and eat something without surprises (too much curry, or whatever).

I haven't done the test. But I'd like to weigh $5.oo worth of food from McD's, and compare it to $5.oo worth at Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell, etc.
I suspect McD's is among the more expensive. And it wouldn't surprise me if they've priced themselves out of their own market.
Yeah, you're probably right. I haven't been to McD or any other fast food restaurant for ages. That's why I thought that McD's so popular cuz it's cheap!
Actually that's not the point. Cause any fast food is cheaper than food in a good restaurant.

I spoke to my friends yesterday that own franchises in Southern California (post #40). I told him that people are talking about your menu being to pricey.
He asked me, where did you hear that? Internet...he paused. Well blah blah blah. I told him if you keep that up maybe in 5 years you become history.

Says who?

it is really not all that cheap anymore

McDonld's has become the symbolic scapegoat for anyone wanting to use a generic word to describe obesity or health problems. In China and in the Asia Pacific, accusations of poor quality, contaminated meats, and a huge growth in completion has resulted in an 8% reduction in revenue and and over 350 announced store closing.

McDonald's has a large base of customers who want cheap, high caloric food, and could care less about how healthy the food is. However, there is large growing number of customers who do care. They are demanding not just healthier food but a more diverse offering. This is creating a major problems for the food food chain that is build on a cookie cutter offering.
But you must know that the amount of those "who care" is still not enough to decrease the amount of fast food chains.
Moreover the "developed" part of the humanity consumes the bigger part of goods. About 1/3 of world's amount of meat is never put on use. It either gets uneatable yet at the importer or goes out already at the consumer.

You have a McDonald's franchise in Fargo. The winters are long and cold. During the winter months your business drops to virtually nothing except the odd person coming home from work. People don't go out to eat in 30 below weather. You depend on the months of mild weather to make your year's income.
Your net profit margin, what you actually put in your pocket, as with any FF restaurant is about 2%.
You may only make the 2% for 4 months out of the year.
Now you have functionally illiterate employees demanding $15 an hour and stealing anything from you that isn't bolted down.
Ya fucking right.
Something is unsustainable.

Forum List

Back