Meanwhile........

Here's another fun factoid related to three straight days of 100k-plus COVIDS:

Not only has Rump not mentioned a word about even acknowledging that as he throws his three-day-and-counting hissyfit, but Mike Pence, who is supposed to be chairing the COVID task force, is nowhere to be seen or heard. He may not actually even exist.

Now that right there is leadership, innit.

ummmm nnnnnno we totally own these records. And have for most of the time even though COVID was already all over Asia and Europe before it got here.

In other words they all handled it better than we did.

Even Canada, eh?

Which is why Europe is shutting down again? Which is why they also shut their borders to Canadians travelers? Because they all handled it so much better?

"Europe" is not "shutting their borders to Canadian travellers" eh?

Europe is actually a continent. That means it consists of multiple countries. And each of those countries sets their own rules.

No. The Europe Union is multiple Countries and in this instance they are setting the rules.

No, they are not.

Prove me wrong.

Sorry Dude....the European Union is in fact made up of multiple Countries. 27 in fact. Read and learn, :)

I know what it is, and I know what it does. And it does not ban Canadians.

As I said --- prove me wrong.

Pogo, how deeply are you willing to look at this phenomenon?

The raw number of "cases" is not terribly important. "Cases" refers to people who test positive for CV-19. So what? In the final "debate" Our Beloved President said that we "would have to learn to live with" this pandemic. Words have meanings. What he was saying that rather than hunker down in our basements - as Mr. Biden implies is his strategy - we live as normally as possible and accept the risk of more people being exposed, testing positive, and so on. The tradeoff is a recovering economy for 300 million people versus a limited number of deaths of sick and elderly Americans - who would have died in six months anyway.

What percentage of people who test positive ("cases") will actually get sick? How many will be hospitalized? How many will die? What is the prognosis for those who get sick? I suspect that by these metrics we are doing well, compared to any other Western democracy.

Check the numbers; we ain't doing bad.

As of today we have become the first country in the world with TEN MILLION cases of Coronavirus.
This is the result of having set yet another new record, for the third straight day, of (today) 132,540 new cases. Third day in a row in excess of 100,000.

Both of these numbers exceed any other country in the world. By far. Including India, which has four times our population.

The Numbers

NFL footballers getting tested daily.. Politicians getting daily.. Flu/Cold season has arrived. CDC is counting PROBABLE cases. In a world where the "anti-body" test version for Covid gets confused with the common cold.. (also a Corona virus).. I'm CERTAIN there is major bloat in these numbers just as sure as there is major bloat in some of the election results..

THE ONLY important metric here is hospitalizations, hospital capacities and deaths. NONE of these are proportionate to the "ever-growing" infection numbers.

If ya REALLY REALLY want to worry about Covid, here's the ticket.. Mink farmers in Denmark are considering euthanizing 15 MILLION of those critters. Complete annihilation.. Because the virus jumped human to mink and MUTATED into a more powerful CV form.. About 2 dozen people now infected. And our VACCINE bullet? Probably wont be effective on this one..

You only learn this crap from Israeli TV on Cable apparently.. Because SUDDENLY -- no one fucking cares about Covid..

I'm afraid your inklings of major number bloats, do not statistics make.

We passed a milestone. I posted it. Those are facts. Ain't nuttin' you can do about it.

You dont think testing "essential workers" weekly if not daily does not BLOAT those numbers?

All sports teams? A LOT of airline travelers? All hospital/medical/EMTs??? Weekly -- if not daily?

As of today we have become the first country in the world with TEN MILLION cases of Coronavirus.
This is the result of having set yet another new record, for the third straight day, of (today) 132,540 new cases. Third day in a row in excess of 100,000.

Both of these numbers exceed any other country in the world. By far. Including India, which has four times our population.

The Numbers

Hey Pogo -- any projections on how many Covid deaths Biden is gonna be responsible for by March??

Biden? By March?

Are you saying Biden won?

The Numbers

Hey Pogo -- any projections on how many Covid deaths Biden is gonna be responsible for by March??
Watch. Those will still be Trumps fault, as will Bidens agenda going nowhere.
TDS is incurable and if Biden is POTUS we will hear wailing about Trump for the next four years.
Get ready for "B-b-but Trump"

The Numbers

NFL footballers getting tested daily.. Politicians getting daily.. Flu/Cold season has arrived. CDC is counting PROBABLE cases. In a world where the "anti-body" test version for Covid gets confused with the common cold.. (also a Corona virus).. I'm CERTAIN there is major bloat in these numbers just as sure as there is major bloat in some of the election results..

THE ONLY important metric here is hospitalizations, hospital capacities and deaths. NONE of these are proportionate to the "ever-growing" infection numbers.

If ya REALLY REALLY want to worry about Covid, here's the ticket.. Mink farmers in Denmark are considering euthanizing 15 MILLION of those critters. Complete annihilation.. Because the virus jumped human to mink and MUTATED into a more powerful CV form.. About 2 dozen people now infected. And our VACCINE bullet? Probably wont be effective on this one..

You only learn this crap from Israeli TV on Cable apparently.. Because SUDDENLY -- no one fucking cares about Covid..

I'm afraid your inklings of major number bloats, do not statistics make.

We passed a milestone. I posted it. Those are facts. Ain't nuttin' you can do about it.

You dont think testing "essential workers" weekly if not daily does not BLOAT those numbers?

All sports teams? A LOT of airline travelers? All hospital/medical/EMTs??? Weekly -- if not daily?

There's nothing new about ANY of that.
Baseball, for one, is over.

Amid those constants, what has changed is the numbers. Three straight days of new records.

The Numbers

I agree that those are the most important metrics, but knowing positive cases is also very important because it is the only way those important metrics can be prevented.

When it comes to the number of cases, they only count POSITIVE results, not probable cases.

The Numbers

I agree that those are the most important metrics, but knowing positive cases is also very important because it is the only way those important metrics can be prevented.

When it comes to the number of cases, they only count POSITIVE results, not probable cases.

The sick truth is that most of the test suck at false positives and false negatives. Often done TWICE if positive.. Some are not much better than a coin toss.. Another reason the "infection" numbers are bloated..

But YEAH -- we gotta KNOW where the bubbles are and track the positive rates.

The Numbers

The sick truth is that most of the test suck at false positives and false negatives. Often done TWICE if positive.. Some are not much better than a coin toss.. Another reason the "infection" numbers are bloated..

But YEAH -- we gotta KNOW where the bubbles are and track the positive rates.
The nasopharyngeal PCR test is the best test, and is best when done on symptomatic people because of the high viral load.

On the other hand, the rapid tests done on asymptomatic people are not great and have high false negative rates.

These tests are why Trump had his little outbreak.

False positives with the PCR are exceedingly rare because we are looking at very specific sequences of the viral RNA. I think there might be more false positives with the rapid.

Doesn't scare me. I spent the whole summer walking among crowds of people at garage sales, estate sales, auctions, and gun shows. Hardly anyone was wearing a mask.

Months doom, gloom, death, and destruction, and the only thing I got was a small rash on my finger from the fucking hand sanitizer.
No worries. There will be no more china virus, nor cancer either. Joe will fix it all!
*sarcasm*
Joe has a "plan" and a new doctor to appoint.
healer-Shona-costume-Zimbabwe.jpg

We are saved!!!

No not true.. It's changed back and forth but now is a CDC guideline to count probables. This is likely because the "anti-body" type tests don't KNOW if you're currently infected or been infected in the past 5 months..

Also because that type test confuses common cold with all other CViruses...

Doesn't scare me. I spent the whole summer walking among crowds of people at garage sales, estate sales, auctions, and gun shows. Hardly anyone was wearing a mask.

Months doom, gloom, death, and destruction, and the only thing I got was a small rash on my finger from the fucking hand sanitizer.
No worries. There will be no more china virus, nor cancer either. Joe will fix it all!
*sarcasm*
Joe has a "plan" and a new doctor to appoint.
View attachment 412403
We are saved!!!

Ahhh.. The incoming head of WHOrg... Good pick !!!!

Canada has been put on the EU’s travel advisory list, Germany and Denmark has banned Canadians and other EU countries are looking into banning Canada. It the corona world we live in.

No not true.. It's changed back and forth but now is a CDC guideline to count probables. This is likely because the "anti-body" type tests don't KNOW if you're currently infected or been infected in the past 5 months..

We are not testing antibody tests. Those are useless.

False positives with the PCR are exceedingly rare because we are looking at very specific sequences of the viral RNA. I think there might be more false positives with the rapid.

PCR is not antibody/antigen testing and IS very good on positives. It's actual DNA segments of the virus. As opposed for detecting antibodies in the immune system for the virus.

The test discrimination is boosted to finding positives.. And as a result has a about a 15 to 35% false positive rate. Thus the need to sometimes retest with another type of kit..

CDC/FDA is allowing them to be tallied.. They are often used for surgery screening because it will detect if the patient HAD covid and did not know it..

CDC/FDA is allowing them to be tallied.. They are often used for surgery screening because it will detect if the patient HAD covid and did not know it..
No one should be using those.

Why would a surgeon need to know of someone HAD the infection?

You want to know if they HAVE it right now.

From the CDC:

"Although serologic tests should not be used at this time to determine if an individual is immune, these tests can help determine the proportion of a population previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and provide information about populations that may be immune and potentially protected. Thus, demographic and geographic patterns of serologic test results can help determine which communities may have experienced a higher infection rate and therefore may have a higher proportion of the population with some degree of immunity, at least temporarily"

I think the data from antibody testing can be useful in population medicine, but it is not helpful for individuals.

But I dont think that CDC Is lumping those results in with the confirmed cases.

Forum List

Back