Media blackout of Gosnell's trial...the msm is okay with killing babies, it seems.

You mean you've got one valid charge and 6 BULLSHIT ones, which will get overturned on appeal if you don't have a hung jury.

Actually, if we throw in the mother, they got 8 murder charges. This thread is about the 7 babies he is actually charged with killing. Since you are willing to admit that at least one of those charges is legitimate, and you also think he killed that woman with the Demorol, you must agree with me that he was killing live babies.

No, I agree that the charge of killing the woman is legit.

Fetal charges aren't. They won't hold up on appeal. Of course, they have plenty to put him to jail on between the drug charges and the negligent homicide charges, this was a charge of reaching to make a political point. Maybe they are hoping they won't appeal.

Late term abortions are not legal except under severe extenuating circumstances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_termination_of_pregnancy

The lack of media coverage might well be the last vestige of what passes for shame. The left loves Gosnell. He is their hero wrongfully persecuted by Christians. First Gosnell, next witch trials and inquisition. To the left killing babies is the most noble act that can be performed. Perhaps they are just too ashamed to come out and say so.

The lack of media coverage might well be the last vestige of what passes for shame. The left loves Gosnell. He is their hero wrongfully persecuted by Christians. First Gosnell, next witch trials and inquisition. To the left killing babies is the most noble act that can be performed. Perhaps they are just too ashamed to come out and say so.

They have no shame.

Abortion is legal, just not after the infant is viable. And a late term abortion using the method described destroys a viable infant. They leave the head in while cutting its spinal column and sucking out the brain so that fact will not be apparent.

The claim is that political pressure protected this bad abortion provider. You know what that reminds me of? Virtually every government interaction with a bad gun dealer anywhere in America in recent decades. Powers and Friedersdorf ask why the story of this clinic isn't national front-page news. I'd ask: Why aren't the stories of bad gun dealers front-page news?

IS KERMIT GOSNELL THE CHUCK'S GUN SHOP OF MEDICINE?

And by the same blogger...

The right is complaining that there's been a "liberal media" blackout of the Kermit Gosnell case -- but while big national media outlets may have missed the story, it's been widely covered by the feminist journalists since Gosnell's arrest in 2011, as Salon's Irin Carmon has documented. Meanwhile, as her colleague Alex Seitz-Wald points out, the right-wing media ignored the story until now. Ignored it at the time of Gosnell's arrest. Ignored it since the arrest. Ignored it at the beginning of trial a few weeks ago.

You'd think this would have been a perfect right-wing story from Day One. Evil abortion doctor! Dead babies! Blue-state government looking the other way!

But I'm not so sure. The right-wing media template is one of villains and victims -- but they have to be the right villains and (especially) the right victims. Most of the victims here were poor, inner-city non-whites. The suburban/exurban/gated community dwellers who make up the audience for Fox news and talk radio and righty blogs doesn't give a crap about bad things happening to those people.
No More Mister Nice Blog

I wonder, do you realize how stupid that argument is? Let us assume that everything that you quoted is 100% true, what the fuck does it have to do with the fact that the main stream media is not covering the story?

You mean you've got one valid charge and 6 BULLSHIT ones, which will get overturned on appeal if you don't have a hung jury.

Actually, if we throw in the mother, they got 8 murder charges. This thread is about the 7 babies he is actually charged with killing. Since you are willing to admit that at least one of those charges is legitimate, and you also think he killed that woman with the Demorol, you must agree with me that he was killing live babies.

Fetal charges aren't. They won't hold up on appeal. Of course, they have plenty to put him to jail on between the drug charges and the negligent homicide charges, this was a charge of reaching to make a political point. Maybe they are hoping they won't appeal.

Does that mean you lied when you said one of the 7 deaths we are talking about is murder? Or does it simply mean that, once again, you got caught not knowing what the fuck you are talking about?

You know, you realy need to get back on your medications, you are hallucinating

Besides the fact PP doesn't provide them for free, they aren't everywhere.

They are in Philadelphia. In fact, they are within 10 miles of Gosnell's clinic in Philadelphia.

By the way, did you see the "free" in my post?

The part that is highlighted that you wrote... that's where I saw it.

Seriously, you need to do a lower octane mix on your meds.

Alternatively, you could just use up the relationship of quotes around a single word and sarcasm.

[

You know, I might actually admit you might have a point, if Pennsylvania did not allow Medicaid patients to get abortions using state funds. Since it does, you just look incredibly stupid.

NO, actually, PA Doesn't.

Can Medicaid cover my abortion? | Fund Abortion Now.org

Do some research, crazy person.

I did. I got my data from the Guttmacher Institute, a world renowned, pro abortion, organization, that is a direct outgrowth of Planned Parenthood.

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_SFAM.pdf

I never heard of Fund Abortion Now, where do they get their data, the back of a cereal box?

Last edited:
[

Actually, his defense is that he killed them with a drug overdose. Not sure how he explains the screams if that actually happened, but I am sure his lawyers will sort that out.

His lawyers don't have to. His lawyers can just appeal on the grounds that including the fetal testimony was inflammatory and prejudicial. He could tie them up in court for years before coping to a negligent homicide charge.

tell me something, how is testimony about killing babies inadmissible in a trial about killing babies? Did you get your law degree from watching Matlock?

Doesn't change my point. You presume that women that don't meet eligibility thresholds aren't poor and can cough up money for an abortion on the spot.

I am assuming nothing of the sort, I am refuting his argument that poor women had no other options, especially if they are on Medicaid. Planned Parenthood offers abortions on a sliding scale based on ability to pay, they have a clinic in Philadelphia.

You said free.

I said "free", not free.

I would like to know how people performing abortions who have lost their license or who don't even have one is better than getting them in back alleys. You know...since the health of the mother is of the utmost importance and all that. :eusa_whistle:

In testimony at the capital murder trial this past month, an unlicensed doctor and untrained aides described long, chaotic days at the clinic. They said they performed grueling, often gruesome work for little more than minimum wage, paid by Gosnell under the table.

Unlicensed doctor Stephen Massof, 50, of Pittsburgh, said he could not get a U.S. medical residency after finishing medical school in Grenada and went to work for Gosnell as a "backup plan" after six years running a bar. He admitted killing two babies by snipping their necks, as he said Gosnell taught him to do.

Eileen O'Neill, 56, had worked as a doctor in Louisiana but relinquished her medical license in 2000 to deal with "post-traumatic stress syndrome," according to her 2011 grand jury testimony. She is the only employee on trial with Gosnell, fighting false billing and racketeering charges.

Philly Abortion Clinic Workers Saw Few Options

Kermit Gosnell: Philly Abortion Clinic Workers Saw Few Options - ABC News

Late term abortions are not legal except under severe extenuating circumstances.

]

Except- again- how many successful prosecutions have there been for doing it?

I'll await your studious research, but here's a clue.

IN 2002, Republicans passed the "Born Alive Infant Protection Act" to stop the wave of fetuses being murdered after botched abortions.

The number of federal prosectuions under this law after 11 years to date...

ZERO

The media for the most part pushes stories that advance their political viewpoints and try to ignore those that don't think about it over the last few months gun control has gotten more attention from the MSM than Syria, fast and furious, Benghazi, and this story combined.

I am assuming nothing of the sort, I am refuting his argument that poor women had no other options, especially if they are on Medicaid. Planned Parenthood offers abortions on a sliding scale based on ability to pay, they have a clinic in Philadelphia.

You said free.

I said "free", not free.

State Facts About Abortion: Pennsylvania

In Pennsylvania, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of April 2013:

A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.

Credible source and spells out that abortion isn't publicly funded by the state. It's also not covered federally. So, I'm pretty sure at this point, it's not free.

I hate the US medical insurance system or whatever the hell you call it. I gave up and made husband deal with this crap. Why is coverage never a straight forward yes or no question there? Forget it, rhetorical question.

You said free.

I said "free", not free.

State Facts About Abortion: Pennsylvania

In Pennsylvania, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of April 2013:

A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
Credible source and spells out that abortion isn't publicly funded by the state. It's also not covered federally. So, I'm pretty sure at this point, it's not free.

I hate the US medical insurance system or whatever the hell you call it. I gave up and made husband deal with this crap. Why is coverage never a straight forward yes or no question there? Forget it, rhetorical question.

Do you have any idea how easy it is to get a doctor to blather about the health of the mother? Especially if you go to a doctor recommended by Planned Parenthood? What the fuck are you talking about anyway? Other than the fact that you confirmed that I am right that Medicaid covers abortions, which means that Joe is wrong, your post makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:
[

Does that mean you lied when you said one of the 7 deaths we are talking about is murder? Or does it simply mean that, once again, you got caught not knowing what the fuck you are talking about?

No, it means I don't sit home jerking off to the notion that you finally might get a court to call an abortiona murder for half an hour.

That's your gig.

You jerk off to the thought of dead babies and human trafficking, you scum. The notion that you're superior to anyone is laughable.

You jerk off to the thought of dead babies and human trafficking, you scum. The notion that you're superior to anyone is laughable.

Well, I'm vastly superior to you bible thumping phonies and your fake god-man nailed to a stick.

Gosnell is the result of a country that isn't mature about the abortion issue and treating it like a medical issue.

Abortion on demand and paid for by the government. It's how every other civilized country does it.

Well, I'm vastly superior to you bible thumping phonies and your fake god-man nailed to a stick.

Gosnell is the result of a country that isn't mature about the abortion issue and treating it like a medical issue.

Abortion on demand and paid for by the government. It's how every other civilized country does it.
I just can't figure out how a person like you gets the time of day in this nation, but Oh I know how, it's because you are proof that this nation has lost it's flippin mind anymore is how. I guess we need proof when we have went over the edge, and well you qualify as proof positive in that respect. Thanks

Forum List

Back