Media now loves McCain, but in 2008 he was a racist.

homophobe August 1, 2008 ...

OCEAN BEACH, CALIF. After watching John McCain's performance tonight during the second of the Presidential debates, with this one in a town hall meeting setup, I have to wonder: Is John McCain a Racist?

Tue 14 Oct 2008 15.00 EDT First ... neither John McCain nor Sarah Palin have ... They Republicans know that there is a racist element within their base and it ...

Watch John McCain defend Barack Obama against a racist voter in 2008. Sen. John McCain died on Saturday from brain cancer at the age of 81.

Watch John McCain defend Barack Obama against a racist voter in 2008 . Facebook ... Sen. JohnMcCain's rival in the 2008 presidential el ...

5 Problematic Things Senator John McCain Has Done During His ... McCain made a racist joke about Iran ... During his 2008 run for president, McCain made an ...

Posted By: John Meshna | October 11, 2008 at 05:14 PM. Report Abuse. The one who has shut down debate is j\John McCain. ... John McCain is not a racist, ...

Just because most Republicans are racist doesn’t mean they all are.
I remember McCain stopping a woman from saying Obama was a Muslim and told her Obamas a family man and a good man.
Lol
Spineless McCain thought the person was talking about Farrakhan

Folks, what we have here is the time tested tactic of saying, “Not everyone did it”
In other words, intelligent analysis, as opposed to hamhanded, overly general fallacies. Yes, fine by me, I will let my comments sit right next to yours all day every day.
Your comments next to his?

It’s like you’re the guy on a moped telling the person in the new corvette next you his car sucks.

The left was calling McCain a racist right up until noon yesterday. Suddenly he’s a lefty hero.
Alternative Facts or truth isn't truth? Which trumpland device are you using today?

The Media lost credibility a long time ago.

Just sayin'.

Are you agreeing with me that McCain was not a racist and those people in the media who characterized him as a racist were being partisan and participating in character assassination?
Irrelevant. I spoke right to yiur generalities. Which was clearly effective and understood by you, as you have now modified your comments to speak specifically to some individuals, instead of using your fallacy of over generalization.

I think Mccain might very well have been somewhat racist, at times. At the very least, he blew the dog whistle. But what 80 year old white man wasn't, at some point? So, while i am not excusing it, I do understand both the conditions of the country he grew up in and the political environment (with a voting base chock full of racists and other, assorted bigots) in which he had to operate.
LOL

Your political correctness makes you look like a pussy whipped bitch

As I watch John McCain's presidential campaign degenerate into a dark, disgraceful display of veiled racism unworthy of the hero who suffered in Vietnam,...

While on the campaign trail Friday, Republican presidential nominee John McCain countered views by some in his audience who expressed fear of an Obama presid...

Author Irwin Tang talks about McCain's excessive use of the derogatory term 'gook', in his new book John McCain's Racism and Why it Matters.

http://www.oliverwillis.com/2008/04/11/john-mccain-voted-against-civil ... John McCain racist ... but I would not go as far to say that McCain is a racist.

And with nearly every report about Senator John McCain and the unprecedented tightrope he ... I've seen the worst form of racist sons of bitches in the world in ...

2008 Presidential Election, Race and Racism Professor Vernellia Randall Speaking Truth to Power! John McCain Makes Racist Comment to a Black Father

At an October 2008 rally, then-presidential candidate John McCain had to take a microphone from a supporter and tell her that Barack Obama is "a decent, fami...

Melissa McEwan: By linking Barack Obama with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, Republicans tap racist fears of black men and white women

Folks, what we have here is the time tested tactic of saying, “Not everyone did it”
In other words, intelligent analysis, as opposed to hamhanded, overly general fallacies. Yes, fine by me, I will let my comments sit right next to yours all day every day.
Your comments next to his?

It’s like you’re the guy on a moped telling the person in the new corvette next you his car sucks.

The left was calling McCain a racist right up until noon yesterday. Suddenly he’s a lefty hero.
Alternative Facts or truth isn't truth? Which trumpland device are you using today?
The Clinton news network is the inventor of fake news you silly little fucker

Yea, no one in the media called McCain racist.:114:

You fucking liars....:19:

Supporting a racist makes you racist, remember that.

Funny, when specifically was he no longer a racist?

He was in 2008.

LMGTFY- Media :John McCain is a racist.LMGTFY

Bush, McCain, Romney, Trump....they are all racists according to the left.

The lefts playbook is thin, but often effective . :113:

Thanks, the only good republican to the democrats are the dead ones......

He was in 2008.

Thanks, the only good republican to the democrats are the dead ones......

Said Best By this guy telling spineless McCain to shut the fuck up...

He was in 2008.

Yeah, the media is now in a "love-fest" mode with McCain because by doing so, not only do they believe it reflects well on them, but it represents taking sides AGAINST TRUMP. All the "McCain love" is really just a thinly-veiled attempt at an eye-gouge to the president. The sad truth though is that McCain was only a "war hero" in the first place because the fool flew the wrong mission, went where he was told not to go and got shot down behind enemy lines. No one would have ever remembered much less ever heard of him again if not for his parleying that into a life-long political career exploiting his torture. Then as senator, he did mostly stupid shit against his OWN party over and over most of his life, trash talked his own president (something he never did to Obama), then ran TWO unsuccessful bids for the office of the president, one against a virtual unknown, what he always aspired to be to put himself in his mind's eye as equal to his Admiral father--- and failed. Then took it out on Trump mostly because he resented that Trump came in cold out of nowhere and actually WON his first election against a well-regarded career politician.

McCain? Meh. Hate to see anyone suffer and die, but that's life, and in death, his celebrations now are much more about image, guilt and politics than they are about actual accomplishment.

So the media backed a racist McCain against racist Trump because Trump is racist, but worse than racist Romney.

This, coming on the heels of racist Bush. All during this time Donald Trump was criticizing these men, writing checks to Democrats and yet no liberal was call a Trump a racist.

Now, none of the Republican Presidents or presidential candidates were racist.

He was in 2008.

Never heard of this characterization. And if you took the minute and a half to watch your own video instead of just salivating at a bullshit title --- he's saying the opposite of what you want him to say. So you lied.

Pretty goddam desperate stretch too, jumping on the dead to score message board points before rigor mortis sets in.

/thread

So the news anchor in that video is or isnt confirming that news outlets were reporting that McCain was linked to racist groups? The ADL accused him, and it was written about. What are you talking about?

McCain Advised Ultra-Right Group Tied to Death Squads | HuffPost

Last edited:

He was in 2008.

Never heard of this characterization. And if you took the minute and a half to watch your own video instead of just salivating at a bullshit title --- he's saying the opposite of what you want him to say. So you lied.

Pretty goddam desperate stretch too, jumping on the dead to score message board points before rigor mortis sets in.

/thread

So the news anchor in that video is or isnt confirming that news outlets were reporting that McCain was linked to racist groups?

There isn't any "news anchor" commenting in that video. There's a talking head commentator talking about a Guilt by Association fallacy and illustrating why it won't work. That very commentator then dismisses the idea that --- in the example -- he could be associated with racism. Specifically he says "that's not John McCain". Which makes the direct opposite point that the OP tried to sell here.

It's simple English.

Again, I don't get why this revisionist bullshit comes rushing in at the first hint of a last breath, just to score message board partisan hack points. Especially when it uses videos and links that demonstrate the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Here’s another one.... this time from firsthand observation. I was at a Washington Wizards Phoenix Suns game in DC about a year after the 2008 Election. They were doing a halftone me promotion/trivia contest and Senator McCain was kind enough to participate. It was fun. Probably 2/3 to 3/4 of the arena began to boo him. Why?

Here’s another one.... this time from firsthand observation. I was at a Washington Wizards Phoenix Suns game in DC about a year after the 2008 Election. They were doing a halftone me promotion/trivia contest and Senator McCain was kind enough to participate. It was fun. Probably 2/3 to 3/4 of the arena began to boo him. Why?

:::scrape::: scrape:::: scrape::::

He was in 2008.

/thread

So the news anchor in that video is or isnt confirming that news outlets were reporting that McCain was linked to racist groups?

There isn't any "news anchor" commenting in that video. There's a talking head commentator talking about a Guilt by Association fallacy and illustrating why it won't work. That very commentator then dismisses the idea that --- in the example -- he could be associated with racism. Specifically he says "that's not John McCain".

It's simple English.

So was there or wasnt there a story about McCain being tied to racist groups? You said the title of this thread was bullshit. Is it bullshit, or are you the only one full of shit here? My links say youre a fucking retard. :laugh:

He was in 2008.

/thread

There isn't any "news anchor" commenting in that video. There's a talking head commentator talking about a Guilt by Association fallacy and illustrating why it won't work. That very commentator then dismisses the idea that --- in the example -- he could be associated with racism. Specifically he says "that's not John McCain".

It's simple English.

So was there or wasnt there a story about McCain being tied to racist groups? You said the title of this thread was bullshit. Is it bullshit, or are you the only one full of shit here? My links say youre a fucking retard. :laugh:

The Left had to make McCain into a racist since he was standing in the way.

He was in 2008.

/thread

It's simple English.

Are you just unable to watch a 93 second video or what? Does it not play in your browser?

Paul Begala --- who is not and never has been a "news anchor" --- is opining that McCain would be unwise to pursue the Guilt by Association trip, presumably referring to Bill Ayers (that part isn't shown).

Still with us or you need a break here? Wanna go take a walk, clear your head? I know it's a lot to digest...

THEN, Begala gives an example of how that ploy could come back to bite him in the ass: he was on the board (one degree of separation) of an organization whose parent organization (two degrees) was described by the ADL (three) as being racist. That is, an example of the same Guilt by Association fallacy argument that could be return-fired to McCain.

Still here? Head spinning yet? This is really really deep stuff man, I know.

THEN with the example finished he looks up and declares "that's not John McCain"---- but this is how it could come back if he goes down this Guilt by Association road.

Understand?

Hard to believe one has to sit here and place Arthur Murray dance steps to a 90-second video that a child could follow.

How come y'all want to sit here and pretend a video says the opposite of what everybody can clearly see? Are y'all just stupid?

I will never forget in one of the 2008 Obama-McCain debates, McCain pointed to Obama and referred to him as “that guy”. The Media went apeshit and was sure it had racial overtones from McCain.

BULLSHIT. What he said was "that one", which has never had any "racial overtones" so you're Brian WIlliamsing this one too. I remember that specifically because my wife used to call me 'that one'.

Go ahead, check me on that. Look it up all day. I don't take counterfeit news.

Why are y'all obsessed with making shit up?

McCain Calls Obama ‘That One’: Why?

I stated corrected on “that guy” vs “that one”. I stand and maintain that the left side of the media had to even ask the question if it were racist. Pathetic.

Your own link proves you wrong about that too. Dozens of comments quoted, two refer to racism, one from the right (National Review) and the other from the left (Mother Jones), both correctly dismissing the idea as absurd because it's never had such a connotation. The rest of the list of comments from all corners correctly describe it as aloofly dismissive of an inferior such as a child. Nobody claimed it was "racist". Trying to make it up now ten years later is indeed "pathetic".

The question remains on the table --- why are y'all obsessed with making shit up? Don't you get that there are witnesses here who can and will call you on it? Are y'all just not sated unless you're finding ways to divide people, or what the fuck?

McCain’s 'that one' takes off online

Politico sited Liberals who argued the term was in reference to “those people”

Don’t lecture me about trying to divide when the division was always there.
Yep..
Same with Huffpost

McCain's Racist Surge | HuffPost

Forum List

Back