🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Median rent in liberal San Francisco is now $4,225 a MONTH!!!

The city has buried the housing apartment market under a million regulations and the builders have responded by not building.

San Francisco s median rent hits a ridiculous 4 225 - On The Block

june 2 2015
We already knew the rent was too damn high, even before we published a report this February showing not only that the median for a one bedroom apartment in the city had jumped to $3,460, but that even formerly cheaper neighborhoods were now among the pricey. (To check out a map of the city’s crazy rents by ‘nabe, go here.)

Apparently though, they weren’t high enough. According to Zillow, the new median rent in San Francisco is $4,225 a month.Zillow’s data compose the “Zillow Rental Index” (ZRI). This index shows rents up 16% year-over-year (YOY) this April, and take into account all types of rentals in San Francisco proper, from single family homes to condos to in-laws.

Grandma's house in south city sold for 750k. Lived in it myself about a year taking care of her and it's...(looks around) smaller than my apartment here where I pay about $450/month.

Supply and demand is what it is. When demand is insanely high, and supply insanely small, you get insane pricing. :)

South City and even San Bruno homes have skyrocketed. My dad has a home in Millbrae, which they bought in 1970 for $40,000, it's now worth $1.4 Million.

Ever hear of the Pete Wilson tax of 1991? If not go ask Fat Ass Ed

Yeah, it was a Sales Tax. Prop. 13 dealt with the cut to real estate taxes and was not impacted by the rise in sales taxes. Trying to be a smart ass when you don't know or understand the facts makes you look like a fool, or a liar.
Guess you still don't know about Pete Wilson tax of 1991

Go ask your mommy, then come back and we can debate prop 13

Leave my deceased mother out of the conversation you fucking piece of shit.

SignOn San Diego -- The Wilson Years A Governor s Legacy Second of three parts

"But Wilson's critics say voters were pressured because local government had been left desperate by another action taken by Wilson and the Legislature -- a shift of $3.6 billion in property taxes from local government to the schools to help close the state budget gap in 1992-93."

This ^^^ has had no impact in causing high rents in SF you fucking moron!
you upset bitch? I knew all about it, the biggest tax increase up to that time in any states history, it destroyed prop 13

You're a fool, it had zero impact on prop 13, which has been a benefit to some and not to others.

My wife and I pay 1/3 the property tax that my son and his wife pay for similar homes less than half a mile apart, simply because we bought our home in 1980 and they bought theirs in 2011. Large Apt. houses, banks, most retail spaces, hotels, industry, etc. rarely changes hands and thus their real estate taxes have remained low. Homes sold to kids like our change ownership and are reassesed at current market value.

I'm still confused, are you a liar, or stupid - I know you're an asshole.

Yeah, it was a Sales Tax. Prop. 13 dealt with the cut to real estate taxes and was not impacted by the rise in sales taxes. Trying to be a smart ass when you don't know or understand the facts makes you look like a fool, or a liar.

"But Wilson's critics say voters were pressured because local government had been left desperate by another action taken by Wilson and the Legislature -- a shift of $3.6 billion in property taxes from local government to the schools to help close the state budget gap in 1992-93."

you upset bitch? I knew all about it, the biggest tax increase up to that time in any states history, it destroyed prop 13

You're a fool, it had zero impact on prop 13, which has been a benefit to some and not to others.

My wife and I pay 1/3 the property tax that my son and his wife pay for similar homes less than half a mile apart, simply because we bought our home in 1980 and they bought theirs in 2011. Large Apt. houses, banks, most retail spaces, hotels, industry, etc. rarely changes hands and thus their real estate taxes have remained low. Homes sold to kids like our change ownership and are reassesed at current market value.

Quit crying to me? You know how much property tax I pay on my 5 acres down here in South Carolina? $800 bucks, I never even had a house in Chicago, just a condo but my dad and my Friend were both paying over $5,000 a year on less then a quarter acre.

For what?

It's high because it's crowded and people like to live there and there is a lack of building space......
Looks like butthurt Righties have forgotten the law of supply and demand. Or maybe they never knew it. After all, it's only a main principle of Capitalism....

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Who is butt hurt? Who the he'll wants to rent a closet of a place for $4,000 a month?

Does that make you happy?

Or a snob?
You should be proud that in America, people can become so rich as to be able to afford this. After all, it is Capitalism is action and not your dry, drab grey Communistic utopia, where everything is the same.

"Elite"is good. "Elite" brings us farther. It was ELITE Navy Seals who killed OBL. Our Olympic team is ELITE. Our astronauts belong to an elite class of people.

Elite is good. Striving to be elite is a driving force behind Capitalism.

Why do you hate Capitalism so much? Do your handlers not allow you to?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

lmao who is the fool you are me? You paying monopoly money to say the local tax collector, for over priced bull shit?

What do you get out of it?

Value of money is nothing, freedom is priceless

Last edited:

Quit crying to me? You know how much property tax I pay on my 5 acres down here in South Carolina? $800 bucks, I never even had a house in Chicago, just a condo but my dad and my Friend were both paying over $5,000 a year on less then a quarter acre.

For what?

None of which has anything to do with rents in SF or prop 13.

As for S. Carolina, my wife and I spent a few days in Charleston, a nice cosmopolitan city. However, the drive from Savannah changed for the worse when we entered S. Carolina. Roads sucked, speed limits changed without apparent reason (one must conclude they were speed traps) and signs warned that speeders would be jailed. The side of the single lane undivided 'highway' was lttered with trash and broken down and rusty machinery was on display on the roadside.

Does that $800 dollar tax pay to remove the shit from your outhouse, or do you still allow it to seep into the ground water"?

For what?

None of which has anything to do with rents in SF or prop 13.

As for S. Carolina, my wife and I spent a few days in Charleston, a nice cosmopolitan city. However, the drive from Savannah changed for the worse when we entered S. Carolina. Roads sucked, speed limits changed without apparent reason (one must conclude they were speed traps) and signs warned that speeders would be jailed. The side of the single lane undivided 'highway' was lttered with trash and broken down and rusty machinery was on display on the roadside.

Does that $800 dollar tax pay to remove the shit from your outhouse, or do you still allow it to seep into the ground water"?
dude you lost when I grabbed my tackle box and fishing pole and walked to my dock 30 minutes ago

Enjoy your hell hole of a life.... I have freedom, you don't

At $15.00 an hour minimum wage, how many McDonalds workers have to live together to pay rent?

No wonder conservatives hate San Francisco... none of them can afford to live there! :rofl:
Live there among all the queers? No thanks.

Your bigotry is only exceded by your ignorance.

There are plenty of conservatives who live and work in San Francisco and the Bay Area. The population in The City and the region is cosmopolitan, educated and urbane. Conservatives, liberals, independent and creative thinkers live, work and recreate together. Of course we have our share of people like you, narrow, bigoted, racist and hateful - but they are a minority and generally keep their mouth shut. Not for fear of violence, but to be shunned and treated like the lesser form of humanity which of course they are.

hmmm my buddy lived north of SF, across whatever that bridge is (can't remember the city name) He was renting a room for $400 (I guess it was some kind of student rental thing cause he had to move out when he got his degree.)

We're paying about $5k a year for our place (1 acre and the house/shop is assessed at like $400k.) We have a well and septic/leach that we chose to keep though; I absolutely hate the taste of city water and its not worth $10k for us to connect up to city sewer. (It's like $250-300 every other year for septic pumping and we throw in like maybe 2 bags of salt a year if that into our softener.)

The city has buried the housing apartment market under a million regulations and the builders have responded by not building.

San Francisco s median rent hits a ridiculous 4 225 - On The Block

june 2 2015
We already knew the rent was too damn high, even before we published a report this February showing not only that the median for a one bedroom apartment in the city had jumped to $3,460, but that even formerly cheaper neighborhoods were now among the pricey. (To check out a map of the city’s crazy rents by ‘nabe, go here.)

Apparently though, they weren’t high enough. According to Zillow, the new median rent in San Francisco is $4,225 a month.Zillow’s data compose the “Zillow Rental Index” (ZRI). This index shows rents up 16% year-over-year (YOY) this April, and take into account all types of rentals in San Francisco proper, from single family homes to condos to in-laws.
and to think that in 1991 i paid 75 a week to live on one of those beautiful keys in Florida, walk to beach.

hmmm my buddy lived north of SF, across whatever that bridge is (can't remember the city name) He was renting a room for $400 (I guess it was some kind of student rental thing cause he had to move out when he got his degree.)

We're paying about $5k a year for our place (1 acre and the house/shop is assessed at like $400k.) We have a well and septic/leach that we chose to keep though; I absolutely hate the taste of city water and its not worth $10k for us to connect up to city sewer. (It's like $250-300 every other year for septic pumping and we throw in like maybe 2 bags of salt a year if that into our softener.)

If you have blood pressure issues I wouldn't drink sodium based soft water unless you have a well maintained RO unit, but then city water will also taste good.

Forum List

Back