🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Median rent in liberal San Francisco is now $4,225 a MONTH!!!

How in the world can those poor dimocrats pay that much rent on the west coast AND the east coast? Amazing how frugal all their politicians are and always talking about those spend thrift Republicans.

if they are poor - they are irresponsible
if they are rich - they are hypocrites (because its hypocritical for rich folks to like poor folks, apparently)

can't win.

San Francisco is not just liberal; they are elitist. $4,225 is a showing of just how elite they are.

Showing off (it IS 'off', not 'of') to whom ?
Exactly what makes you believe those so interested in being 'elite' who care a wit WTF you or anyone else thinks of them ?
Consider actually thinking instead of resorting to spectator sport mentality. It would keep you from getting embarrassed like this.

Your first question is jibberish, so I can't answer it. Try being more clear next time.

Have you spent any time at all around affluent people? I don't want to say this applies across the board; but they are notorious for caring about what people think of them. They make TV shows that have this reality as a main driving force. And before you get into that TV is not reality just stop...don't even try to take that weak road, I'm just giving you one of many examples.

What haven't I thought about? Spectator sport? I came in and posted my opinion straight up. Do you even try to make sense, dude? I'm getting the feeling that you're not very high on the intelligence scale. Ironically, you're "embarrassing" yourself.

Scroll up, read your own spew. I was responding to the ridiculous notion that the elite GAS about what you 'think'.

That you'd presume to assign traits to people based on their income level says FAR more about you than it does anyone else. Ponder that.

You've not thought about thing. You simply posted your opinion because it felt good.
Now run along before you accidentally learn something and wind up with a headache.

ouch... Does SF have a building height limit because of earthquakes? Or are the entrenched in the "off limits" areas, like in Alaska it's national parks, but in SF I imagine it might be historical buildings?

The issue is that San Francisco is small. It's only about 49 sq miles.

It already has the second highest population density of any major cities in this country.

The suggestion that "Democrat-run cities" cause degradation by, apparently, picking up the trash on the wrong day must be wearing thin. Now the yahoos are actually suggesting they set property rents.

Can't make this stuff up. Ya really can't.

Rent controls are very common in liberal cities. And they always cause a shortage.
Rent controls?! Wtf am I back in freshman year's Econ 101?! :puke:
Is he saying rent controls cause high rent?

ouch... Does SF have a building height limit because of earthquakes? Or are the entrenched in the "off limits" areas, like in Alaska it's national parks, but in SF I imagine it might be historical buildings?

The issue is that San Francisco is small. It's only about 49 sq miles.

It already has the second highest population density of any major cities in this country.

Apparently that means nothing, sir.
It's all an orchestrated effort by elitists to make Gatsby feel inferior.
He's knows all about rich folk.
He saw it on TV.

San Francisco has water on three sides and is only 49 sq. miles. It can't expand in any direction but up. There is very little vacant land in The City and housing has always been expensive. On the other hand you don't need four seasons of clothing and you don't need a car. The Muni (public transportation) and BART can get one to within three blocks of any spot in the City and to both Oakland and San Francisco Airports, CALTRAIN and Amtrack. Many City residents commute by bike and most workers who commute into the city take a ferry or BART - parking is horrible, so if you come to visit don't bother renting a car.

Last edited:
The city has buried the housing apartment market under a million regulations and the builders have responded by not building.

San Francisco s median rent hits a ridiculous 4 225 - On The Block

june 2 2015
We already knew the rent was too damn high, even before we published a report this February showing not only that the median for a one bedroom apartment in the city had jumped to $3,460, but that even formerly cheaper neighborhoods were now among the pricey. (To check out a map of the city’s crazy rents by ‘nabe, go here.)

Apparently though, they weren’t high enough. According to Zillow, the new median rent in San Francisco is $4,225 a month.Zillow’s data compose the “Zillow Rental Index” (ZRI). This index shows rents up 16% year-over-year (YOY) this April, and take into account all types of rentals in San Francisco proper, from single family homes to condos to in-laws.

Huh? Where is there left to build in San Fran?

Building is taking place in Mission Bay, Dogpatch and south along Thirds St. Areas which once included slaughter houses, produce markets and light industrial. A new T-line Muni Street Car goes almost to the San Mateo Co. line (Visitacion Valley Nieghborhood) and passes through the Bay View and near Hunter's Point (a former naval base soon to be developed). These working class neighborhoods are fast becoming gentrafide and housing costs are rising thousands of dollars a month.

The city has buried the housing apartment market under a million regulations and the builders have responded by not building.

june 2 2015
We already knew the rent was too damn high, even before we published a report this February showing not only that the median for a one bedroom apartment in the city had jumped to $3,460, but that even formerly cheaper neighborhoods were now among the pricey. (To check out a map of the city’s crazy rents by ‘nabe, go here.)

Apparently though, they weren’t high enough. According to Zillow, the new median rent in San Francisco is $4,225 a month.Zillow’s data compose the “Zillow Rental Index” (ZRI). This index shows rents up 16% year-over-year (YOY) this April, and take into account all types of rentals in San Francisco proper, from single family homes to condos to in-laws.

Huh? Where is there left to build in San Fran?

Building is taking place in Mission Bay, Dogpatch and south along Thirds St. Areas which once included slaughter houses, produce markets and light industrial. A new T-line Muni Street Car goes almost to the San Mateo Co. line (Visitacion Valley Nieghborhood) and passes through the Bay View and near Hunter's Point (a former naval base soon to be developed). These working class neighborhoods are fast becoming gentrafide and housing costs are rising thousands of dollars a month.

There's basically two choices for a big city when the market pushes up prices that high - rent control - or not. New York chose the latter, but not without consequence.

San Francisco has water on three sides and is only 49 sq. miles. It can't expand in any direction but up. There is very little vacant land in The City and housing has always been expensive. On the other hand you don't need four seasons of clothing and you don't need a car. The Muni (public transportation) and BART can get one to within three blocks of any spot in the City and to both Oakland and San Francisco Airports, CALTRAIN and Amtrack. Many City residents commute by bike and most workers who commute into the city take a ferry or BART - parking is horrible, so if you come to visit don't bother renting a car.
You definitely don't want to learn to drive a standard on San Fran streets.

I did for years. I did try to teach my college GF how to drive my Chevy Van (3 on the tree) one night, On Van Ness Ave she rolled back - it was only a slight incline - an bumped a black and white. The officer was not pleased, but no harm, no foul and no ticket. It was her first and last lesson.

I would put my heel on the brake and toe on the gas, and never had any trouble rolling back.

june 2 2015

Wrong ^^^! As usual.

I did for years. I did try to teach my college GF how to drive my Chevy Van (3 on the tree) one night, On Van Ness Ave she rolled back - it was only a slight incline - an bumped a black and white. The officer was not pleased, but no harm, no foul and no ticket. It was her first and last lesson.

I would put my heel on the brake and toe on the gas, and never had any trouble rolling back.

june 2 2015

Wrong ^^^! As usual.

People like shootspeeders think earthquake codes are stupid violations of libery.

I suspect I has more to do with historic preservation, as I remember it SF has all the beautiful townhouses on the curvy hills that are protected.

Still perhaps SF could benefit from earthquake skyscraper engineering technology they have in Japan? An ancient tech using modern materials that has held up quite well through many quakes. I've always figured that if global warming ever happens Alaska would have to adopt it to hold the influx.

The suggestion that "Democrat-run cities" cause degradation by, apparently, picking up the trash on the wrong day must be wearing thin. Now the yahoos are actually suggesting they set property rents.

you ever hear of property taxes? I guess not, go ask your mom

How in the world can those poor dimocrats pay that much rent on the west coast AND the east coast? Amazing how frugal all their politicians are and always talking about those spend thrift Republicans.

if they are poor - they are irresponsible
if they are rich - they are hypocrites (because its hypocritical for rich folks to like poor folks, apparently)

can't win.
Are you baked?

Are you as incompetent in that as you seem to be in everything else?

Every hear of Prop. 13? Go ask Lush Limppaw.

june 2 2015

$4,225 a month for an apartment aye... well let's see... that's either 4 butt boys living together all working at McDonalds, or 2 families of mexicans all out picking lettuce together.

Yup, kullyfornia... the land of fruits and nuts... a real libroid utopia.

Every hear of Prop. 13? Go ask Lush Limppaw.
Ever hear of the Pete Wilson tax of 1991? If not go ask Fat Ass Ed

Forum List

Back