Medical marijuana

You said yourself she gets disability...that and your life insurance would probably let her live fairly well.

Not really. Her monthly disability check is less than I make in a week.

Assuming she lives another 40 years, and pays off the $10,000 she has in debt first, she'd have about $240,000 (before taxes) plus about $10,000 a year to live on. She doesn't drive and has no ability to hold a job.

She would not be able to live anywhere near the lifestyle that we live now.

You forgot what else she would get...section 8 housing food stamps, probably cash assistance.

And, of course, the insurance policy she took out on you............

You forgot what else she would get...section 8 housing food stamps, probably cash assistance.

And, of course, the insurance policy she took out on you............

You overestimate what thise programs provide. She was on most of that before she met me. Section 8 can take up to 5 years to find you housing. Even with all of those things she'd be bringing in less than hslf of what I make per month.

As for the insurance comment..... she wouldn't know where or how to do that. Nevermind have the money to pay the premiums.

Medical marijuana should be engineered to reduce the THC content if it is truly meant for medicinal purposes.
Puritanism_HLMencken_zps6ff3f21a.jpg
2u5crw5.gif
In 5 minutes , I'll be having a few bong hits , of high THC domestic herb . It helps relieve my arthritis pain . . . acts as a muscle relaxer and I believe improves blood flow at the capillary level .

Last edited:
medical weed should be gotten through a pharmacy like any other prescribed dope
In my opinion tt should be legal to grow at home for folks with a green thumb.

I used to work for a guy who ran his concrete business out of his home. One year he grew this marijuana plant in his back yard that was about 9 feet tall and so bushy that it looked like some sort of weird bushy tree. When it started flowering I could smell it from a mile away. Skunk weed.

I would usually show up to work before dawn in the fall. And that plant would literally sparkle in the moonlight like new fallen snow on a cold winter night.. The resins from the flowers would crystallize in the coldest hours of the early morning before sunrise. It was absolutely beautiful. I wish I would have had a camera with me. But in those days cell phones were very rare, and cell phones with built-in cameras were non-existent AFAIK. It would have taken a skilled professional photographer to capture that on film.

When it was time to harvest that thing it took 5 of us several hours to pluck all of the buds off of it.

Last edited:

I used to work for a guy who ran his concrete business out of his home. One year he grew this marijuana plant that was about 9 feet tall and so bushy that it looked like some sort of weird tree. When it started flowering I could smell it from a mile away. Skunk weed.

I would usually show up to work before dawn in the fall. And that plant would literally sparkle in the moonlight like new fallen snow. The resins from the flowers would crystallize in the coldest hours of the early morning before sunrise. It was absolutely beautiful. I wish I would have had a camera with me. But in those days cell phones were very rare, and cell phones with built-in cameras were non-existent AFAIK.

When it was time to harvest that thing it took 5 of us several hours to pluck all of the buds off of it.

well that is different then "medical weed" as opposed to just legal weed

home growing weed for medical purposes would be the same as home growing poppies to develop heroin

I used to work for a guy who ran his concrete business out of his home. One year he grew this marijuana plant that was about 9 feet tall and so bushy that it looked like some sort of weird tree. When it started flowering I could smell it from a mile away. Skunk weed.

I would usually show up to work before dawn in the fall. And that plant would literally sparkle in the moonlight like new fallen snow. The resins from the flowers would crystallize in the coldest hours of the early morning before sunrise. It was absolutely beautiful. I wish I would have had a camera with me. But in those days cell phones were very rare, and cell phones with built-in cameras were non-existent AFAIK.

well that is different then "medical weed" as opposed to just legal weed

home growing weed for medical purposes would be the same as home growing poppies to develop heroin
Many have died while waiting on our governments - fed. and state to end their now over 75 year war on citizens who find value in marijuana . Plus no one has ever died of marijuana OD as compared to your example - opium .
1231410_567530733296656_676591609_n.jpg

What do you think about medical marijuana? Don't you think it's strange that it's getting legalized everywhere since recently? Some years ago potheads were laughing at and now it is completely okay to smoke weed almost everywhere. Sure thing it can be used for medical purposes but it seems like things are going way too fast. It can cause schizophrenia and make people addicted in no time.
Maybe it's too early to legalize it? A question to pot smokers: how has marijuana improved your life?

You titled this "medical marijuana" and then jumped right into a discussion of recreational marijuana. Do you not understand the differences?

You titled this "medical marijuana" and then jumped right into a discussion of recreational marijuana. Do you not understand the differences?
In regard to freedom and our federal government's responsibilities to guard our rights to life , liberty and pursuit of happiness . . . . what difference does it make ?
AkDXrZbCMAACfDW.jpg

In regard to freedom and our federal government's responsibilities to guard our rights to life , liberty and pursuit of happiness . . . . what difference does it make ?
AkDXrZbCMAACfDW.jpg

As evident from the tenor of the conversation in this thread, the difference is that many people here don't know the difference, and it's that level of ignorance that created the resistance around medical marijuana for decades, causing unnecessary suffering and even death for patients who would otherwise have benefited from it.

for decades, causing unnecessary suffering and even death for patients who would otherwise have benefited from it.
You seem to be under the impression that our fed. gov. cares about we citizens . That is a dangerously false premise . I could list you a long roster of other topics that , along with the marijuana issue , show clearly that the gov. does not have our best interests in mind . Anyway , after nearly 8 decades of fed. war on tokers , anyone is delusional to believe that the gov.s position is any but exploitative . I've been a toker for over 40 years . What if I had just been patient enough for my fed. and state gov. to give the nod for me to partake of the herb . . . . Damn , , I'd still be waiting ;/)
564537_354445477964914_1659512072_n_large.jpg

Last edited:
for decades, causing unnecessary suffering and even death for patients who would otherwise have benefited from it.
You seem to be under the impression that our fed. gov. cares about we citizens . That is a dangerously false premise . I could list you a long roster of other topics that , along with the marijuana issue , show clearly that the gov. does not have our best interests in mind . Anyway , after nearly 8 decades of fed. war on tokers , anyone is delusional to believe that the gov.s position is any but exploitative . I've been a toker for over 40 years . What if I had just been patient enough for my fed. and state gov. to give the nod for me to partake of the herb . . . . Damn , , I'd still be waiting ;/)
564537_354445477964914_1659512072_n_large.jpg

Interesting perspective, but nothing to do with what I posted.

The thing is that it doesn't matter what tack marijuana advocates take . . the gov. is exploitative and only has designs on making as much money off marijuana as possible . . Gov. couldn't care less whether marijuana is used for medical or recreational purposes . I've been busy debating this since 1995 . I'm fairly well versed on the various aspects . What I've learned is that the only way to advance the ball is to pit the Democrats against the Republicans in a contest for political capital . At stake - the political support / votes of upward of 30 million tokers . ;/)

The thing is that it doesn't matter what tack marijuana advocates take . . the gov. is exploitative and only has designs on making as much money off marijuana as possible . . Gov. couldn't care less whether marijuana is used for medical or recreational purposes . I've been busy debating this since 1995 . I'm fairly well versed on the various aspects . What I've learned is that the only way to advance the ball is to pit the Democrats against the Republicans in a contest for political capital . At stake - the political support / votes of upward of 30 million tokers . ;/)

Again, interesting perspective, but nothing to do with what I posted.

My concern is that the majority of posters in this thread don't seem to know the difference between medical marijuana and recreational marijuana, and it's that conflation of the two, combined with the hysterical fear of Reefer Madness that has complicated the legalization process.

Forum List

Back