Meet Caitlyn Jenner

no. it's basically... this is who she is. and she has as much right to her identity as anyone else. there is no reason to want to closet her or silence her but for bigotry...,.

last I checked someone else's discomfort is not a reason for silence. and absent discussion, there can never be accemptance. she's entitled to simple human dignity.

At the expense of me being forced to call a guy a girl...

And don't go into discomfort, because its only "approved" discomfort that counts with your side of the aisle. Anyone else has to just shut the hell up.

why do you care how she identifies herself?

I only care when other people decide I have to identify them a certain way or face punishment, and you know that's what is going to happen next.

Some person is going to be critical of all this and labelled a bigot/whatever.
LOL! Being called a bigot would hurt feelings and nothing else, no?

if it stopped at that, no, but now the game is to ruin anyone who disagrees with the progressive/SJW point of view.
Bullshit. People can say whatever they want about Jenner just like people can criticize people that criticize Jenner. Do we need a law that prevents people from being called bigots?

And don't go into discomfort, because its only "approved" discomfort that counts with your side of the aisle. Anyone else has to just shut the hell up.

I only care when other people decide I have to identify them a certain way or face punishment, and you know that's what is going to happen next.

if it stopped at that, no, but now the game is to ruin anyone who disagrees with the progressive/SJW point of view.

I suspect her "game" is to be treated with simple human dignity.

I'm less worried about his game, than the game of those who will use this to go after people who disagree with them.

Your whole correcting the use of he vs. she is an example of the issue.

Whatever else is true, she's a human being just doing the same thing all of us are doing - just trying to live her life the best way she can. I wish her well.

Live and let live.

Unless you don't accept what is going on should be blasted all over the media, then you are a hater.

This isn't live and let live, its accept and approve or be ridiculed.

no. it's basically... this is who she is. and she has as much right to her identity as anyone else. there is no reason to want to closet her or silence her but for bigotry...,.

last I checked someone else's discomfort is not a reason for silence. and absent discussion, there can never be accemptance. she's entitled to simple human dignity.

yes. sometimes you have to be outside your comfort level. you know there's that whole bible thing about treat others as you'd like to be treated. that includes people who make us uncomfortable.

Unless you are a protected class, and then your discomfort can cause others to be punished....

Current SJW logic DEMANDS punishing people who make you uncomfortable, with all the micro-aggression crap as a perfect example.

I don't know what "SJW" means but I agree that the way mainstream treats people like Jenner and gays is a perfect example of punishing those who make us feel uncomfortable.

Bullshit. People can say whatever they want about Jenner just like people can criticize people that criticize Jenner. Do we need a law that prevents people from being called bigots?

Just wait. Someone semi-famous will say something disparaging about him, or refuse to go with the whole "she" thing. This person will be vilified, and there will be boycott calls, etc. just like any other progressive cause.

Unless you don't accept what is going on should be blasted all over the media, then you are a hater.

This isn't live and let live, its accept and approve or be ridiculed.

yes. sometimes you have to be outside your comfort level. you know there's that whole bible thing about treat others as you'd like to be treated. that includes people who make us uncomfortable.

Unless you are a protected class, and then your discomfort can cause others to be punished....

Current SJW logic DEMANDS punishing people who make you uncomfortable, with all the micro-aggression crap as a perfect example.

I don't know what "SJW" means but I agree that the way mainstream treats people like Jenner and gays is a perfect example of punishing those who make us feel uncomfortable.

Social Justice Warrior, look it up.

Just wait. Someone semi-famous will say something disparaging about him, or refuse to go with the whole "she" thing. This person will be vilified, and there will be boycott calls, etc. just like any other progressive cause.
And Jenner is being vilified for getting a sex change. At least he has the courage to do what he wants to do without fearing the PC police. Get a grip.

sort of like the way your ilk go out of the way to 'punish' jenner just for being himself..?

And Jenner is being vilified for getting a sex change. At least he has the courage to do what he wants to do without fearing the PC police. Get a grip.

yep, great minds.. ;)

He should seek help for his mental condition.

you can't cure gender dysphoria.

thanks for playing.
And, after "the change", HE will stand a 300% increased chance of suicide

she...

and that's generally before they transition as far as I know. and it's mostly because of how they're treated by bigots.

same as the high suicide rate of gay teens in the bible belt
Take just a few minutes and read this link.
Then see if your response is exactly the same

Bruce Jenner Should Change His Mind

If you have more time, maybe later, listen to an inspiring interview with the author
Moody Radio - Player

"I have to identify them a certain way or face punishment" :crybaby:

^ like jenner gives a crap what marty thinks.. :lol:

I suspect her "game" is to be treated with simple human dignity.

That people can't or won't do that says a lot more about them than it does those who are different.

What courage?

"I have to identify them a certain way or face punishment" :crybaby:

^ like jenner gives a crap what marty thinks.. :lol:

It's more so with people like you who can't deal with others who have a different world view and have to punish them.

He should seek help for his mental condition.

you can't cure gender dysphoria.

thanks for playing.
And, after "the change", HE will stand a 300% increased chance of suicide

she...

and that's generally before they transition as far as I know. and it's mostly because of how they're treated by bigots.

same as the high suicide rate of gay teens in the bible belt
Take just a few minutes and read this link.
Then see if your response is exactly the same

Bruce Jenner Should Change His Mind

If you have more time, maybe later, listen to an inspiring interview with the author
Moody Radio - Player

Cookie cutter people?

sort of like the way your ilk go out of the way to 'punish' jenner just for being himself..?

how can I "punish" Bruce Jenner? He can live his entire life as a woman and never even run into me or, have to deal with me.

On the other hand, if someone were to public state they disagree with what is going on, how long before the left starts attacking them and trying to ruin them?

What courage?
To do what he wants to do despite those that criticize him.

While you fear being labeled a bigot for doing what you want to do, criticize him.

Well it looks like Ms.Jenner is well on the way to superstardom as the star of a reality show....
Should pull in big numbers and big bucks.

Forum List

Back